:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mike vrabel, our future DC :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:  

Have the rules changed regarding coordinators leaving for lateral moves?

I thought coordinators (under contract) weren't allowed to leave their current spots if it wasn't for a higher title? Only asking b/c I seen stuff past week about teams denying interviews for their current coordinators to teams looking for new ones.

Figured it was just an automatic no-go b/c of the rule so why bother asking (as far as another team asking permission) lol

Last edited:
unless he got a promotion prior to the season, i believe he's only a LB coach, so it would be a promotion.

Last edited:
unless he got a promotion, i believe he's only a LB coach, so it would be a promotion.

Oooooh :nerd: my mistake then, some reason I thought he was already the current DC for Texans.

I like sound of Vrabel coming on board to McDaniels' staff here then.

Vrabel knew what he was doing by turning us down last year, could probably smell the dumpster fire w/ Chip Kelly miles away :lol:

Last edited:

somebody getting **** canned after this. JDR has a history of finger pointing. 

really should fire himself, tho. 
sick.gif
I've been saying this and I get burned all the time.

The play calling in this game was atrocious and so were games prior. Carr has masked the ineffectiveness of the Raiders offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
ineffectiveness of the offense AND defense. like i said on the last page, if you're a head coach, you hang your hat on being a defensive guy and your defense is terrible, what exactly do you bring to the table? team just broke the record for most penalties in a regular season game. you have nothing to do with the offense and special teams. so what do you bring to the table?

i think this just cements how special carr is. 

Last edited:
 [h1]Chiefs blocked Chris Ballard from interviewing with 49ers[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on January 7, 2017, 7:56 PM EST

460828042-e1483837003178.jpg
Getty Images
The 49ers entered the process of searching for a G.M. with one primary target in mind: Chiefs director of player personnel Chris Ballard. He was, as one source put it, San Francisco’s “first choice, second choice, and third choice” for the position.

Reports that Ballard wouldn’t interview for the job created the impression that he declined. Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, the Chiefs actually decided not to grant permission for the interview.

For G.M. positions, a team can block interviews of front-office employees until the playoff runs ends. It’s an odd contrast to the rule for coaching jobs, which permits assistant coaches to be interviewed before their current teams’ seasons end. Last year, for example, the Packers decided not to allow Eliot Wolf to interview for the G.M. job in Detroit until the Green Bay playoff run ended.

The 49ers could wait until the Chiefs’ season ends and try again. However, they’d have to wait at least another week. Even then, Ballard may not be interested in leaving Kansas City.
 [h1]Nick Caserio declined to interview with 49ers[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on January 7, 2017, 7:43 PM EST

113741334-e1483835649709.jpg
Getty Images
As the 49ers continue to search for a new General Manager, they’ll have one less option available to them.

Per multiple sources, Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio ultimately declined an opportunity to interview for the job.

Caserio inherited the top personnel job in New England after Scott Pioli left to become the G.M. in Kansas City eight years ago. Caserio has had chances to upgrade to a position with final say over the roster and the draft (coach Bill Belichick has it in New England), but Caserio has never shown serious interest in leaving.

The decision will prompt speculation that Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels is less likely to take the job in San Francisco. However, the elimination of Caserio could make it more likely that the 49ers would be inclined to offer final say to the coach — which could make the job more attractive to McDaniels.

Last edited:
Charles Robinson
‏@CharlesRobinson

Some guys are being advised by their personnel network to steer clear of #49ers job. #Patriots Caserio absolutely was.

not surprising. this place has been dysfunctional as **** for many years. remember singletary's rant about a rat in the building? 
roll.gif

Charles Robinson
‏@CharlesRobinson

Some guys are being advised by their personnel network to steer clear of #49ers job. #Patriots Caserio absolutely was.

[emoji]128554[/emoji][emoji]128554[/emoji][emoji]128554[/emoji][emoji]128554[/emoji]

The more info im reading the more its leading me to believe that riddick isnt as good. Some points include being in personal depart ment for two team that werent that good and being without job with a nfl team the past years

middlekauff, who worked with reddick, said he had a hand in helping evaluate and draft players like jeremy maclin, fletcher cox, zach ertz, brandon graham, lane johnson, etc. in philly.

i've seen this dude evaluate players. he's always at the senior bowl, east/west shrine game, combine, etc. he has a great eye for talent. he was the first person i heard in 2014 that asserted derek carr would be a star.

he learned under the hoodie and nick saban. he says he earned a phd in football while playing under them. 

Last edited:
yup, make sure to listen to that. you wont be disappointed in what middlekauff has to say about reddick.

Thanks for adding your input. From the times hes been at espn from the broadcasting time he seems like he know football very well the only thing that has me worry is why has he not been on a team these past years.

Whoever ends up being the gm hipefully its riddick or wolf. (Maybe ballard after kc season ends)

If wolf ends up being the gm who is the coach?

Middlekauff answers why he hasn't been in the league in the last 3 years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom