:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE", A BRIEF HISTORY OF JED YORK'S ACCOUNTABILITY AS RECORDED BY HEATSEEKER23

York (2014 on firing HC Harbaugh):

“Ultimately,” York said, “we came to the conclusion that it was best for us to go in different directions.”

Harbaugh: 

"Yes, I was told I wouldn’t be the coach any more. And then… you can call it ‘mutual,’ I mean, I wasn’t going to put the 49ers in the position to have a coach that they didn’t want any more. But that’s the truth of it. I didn’t leave the 49ers. I felt like the 49er hierarchy left me."

Result: Harbaugh "mutually" fired after bringing in greatest stretch of 49ers success in franchise history since Joe Montana/ Jerry Rice/ Steve Young

York (2015 comparing hiring HC Jim Tomsula to GSW hiring Steve Kerr): 

“Culture is huge. That's the difference between a championship-caliber team and a championship team,” York told “You look at the Golden State Warriors. They were the dumbest team in the NBA for letting Mark Jackson go, who won the most games in the franchise's history. How could you be so dumb? They bring in Steve Kerr, who has been around the game for a long period of time but has never coached before. Kerr changes the culture, comes in with a different perspective, and look what happens.”

Result: 49ers went 5-11 and Jim Tomsula was fired. 

Jed York (2016 talking about HC Chip Kelly) 

"Chip is going to be here for a long time. Period" 

Result: Chip Kelly fired in under 1 year. I guess for Jed 10 months is a long time, period. 

"This isn’t about doing everything we can to make money. It’s about building a championship culture.” (2017) 

Said the man whose primary job is to do everything he can to make money, and has very little to do with "building a championship culture" other than paying a GM and staff to do it for him. 

Final Analysis:

Jed's defining moments (Thus far):

"Hold me accountable" (2014) vs "I own this football team. You don’t dismiss owners, I’m sorry that’s the facts and that’s the case" (2016)

How do you hold someone accountable who is in an untouchable position? Is this really the same person who asked fans to "hold me accountable" and is now telling the media "nah nah nah nah nah boo boo, I own the team nothing, you can do about it."? As Jed said himself there is no way for anyone to hold Jed accountable for anything that happens to with the team. 

Team conscience Jiminey Cricket tries to hold Jednoccio accountable, only to be rebuffed and shrugged off by his ownership status. 

Last edited:
 [h1]Mortensen: On paper, 49ers head coaching job least attractive in NFL[/h1]
For the third time in three years, the San Francisco 49ers have fired their head coach.

Even worse, CEO Jed York has fired the team’s last two head coaches, Chip Kelly and Jim Tomsula, after one season, something that hasn’t in the NFL for three decades. Couple that with the firing of general manger Trent Baalke, and it’s hard to see San Francisco as a destination that screams job security.

ESPN NFL insider Chris Mortensen said that for that reason, and the lack of talent on the San Francisco roster, the 49ers are on paper, the least attractive destination for a head coaching prospect. The only saving grace is the team’s illustrious history.

“It’s on paper the least attractive right now,” Mortensen said on KNBR 1050s The Audible Monday morning. “But it’s still the 49ers.”

Mortensen said that Stanford head coach David Shaw is probably the best possible candidate to help rebuild the organization, but said that he – like many top tier coaching candidates – may be turned off by the team’s recent track record.

“If for instance you could do – what appears to be the improbable – which is persuade David Shaw to switch over from college back to the NFL, you’re probably getting a guy who knows exactly how to build, or certainly understands how to build what you’re gonna do,” Mortensen said. “But then it’s a whole thing of but then do you pick the GM first or the coach first. I think it depends on who’s really intrigued by your job. That’s the question: has Jed York built an organization that others who are top-notch people are intrigued by? Do they want to come work in San Francisco?”

Jed's diss to Murph and KNBR is a low blow. KNBR continues to cover, service, and stream an underachieving owner. 

Chris Ballard to the 49ers. Let's go!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't really love any of the head coach candidates. 
frown.gif
 i really like some of the GM options, but i am ambivalent of who they'd be paired with.

i want a head coach who has experience with quarterbacks, prioritizes a strong defense, and playing with toughness and strong fundamentals.

i really think shaw is the closest thing to what i want. he has that bill walsh pedigree that we all hold near and dear to our hearts.

Last edited:
i don't really love any of the head coach candidates. :frown:  i really like some of the GM options, but i am ambivalent of who they'd be paired with.

i want a head coach who has experience with quarterbacks, prioritizes a strong defense, and playing with toughness and strong fundamentals.

i really think shaw is the closest thing to what i want. he has that bill walsh pedigree that we all hold near and dear to our hearts.
Shaw is the only head coach I want that can bring prestige back from what harbaugh had

we are, but things change quickly in the NFL. need to hire the right people.

Last edited:
We are hands down the worst franchise in the league right now.

raiders were right there for a good minute and theyve turned it around. I remember being so confused as to why Davis held onto McKenzie for so long after many questionable moves but look at them new. we've got pieces on defense, I'm confident we'll be back within a few seasons. looking forward to seeing who's under center. only way is up, right??

Raiders lucked out on Carr because if he doesn't pan out like he does they would be right there with us.

this is true.

yesterday is exactly why i believe coach will be there in a couple years. 
sick.gif

I appreciate DJ's feedback. It's honest. BUYING INTO PEOPLE IS PARAMOUNT. Your boss, your coworkers, your environment. It's rare to have everything in sync which is why most folks say timing is key...

Last edited by a moderator:
i have serious questions about josh mcdaniels. dude was a disaster in denver. he traded away jay cutler, drafted tebow, mismanaged personnel and could not connect with his players. a team is banking on hope that he has matured and learned from his experience in denver.

When are people gonna understand that BB is the genius over there and Kraft just lets him cook. Other teams are so quick to hop on anyone player or coach simply because they came outta there. Sometimes it works but more times than not it doesn't live up to expectations.

The sadest truth to this entire fiasco is what York said about owners not being able to be fired. That was fact. A QB, coach, GM or whomever else can be terrible and it's not the end of the world because at the end of he day they can be ousted. But what happens when your owner is terrible; it's starting to look like the end of the world gentlemen.

What I would like to see happen in the off season :

Shaw as Coach (comes from the Stanford/Harbaugh tree

2nd overall pick = Garret
2round pick = Kizer

“I own this football team. You don’t dismiss owners,” York said. “I’m sorry that’s the facts and that’s the case, but that’s the fact and I’m going to do everything I can to get this right. This isn’t about doing everything we can to make money. It’s about building a championship culture.”

I have no problem with this and neither should anyone else. That is all facts , so you can't deny it . The 49ers are his families heir no way he would give that up or even sell it. Ask yourself this would you sell the 49ers organization ? I for sure wouldn't and I just a fan

“I own this football team. You don’t dismiss owners,” York said. “I’m sorry that’s the facts and that’s the case, but that’s the fact and I’m going to do everything I can to get this right. This isn’t about doing everything we can to make money. It’s about building a championship culture.”

I have no problem with this and neither should anyone else. That is all facts , so you can't deny it . The 49ers are his families heir no way he would give that up or even sell it. Ask yourself this would you sell the 49ers organization ? I for sure wouldn't and I just a fan

You're absolutely right. But would you do this AND habitually have monumental **** ups.

Back
Top Bottom