:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
but the things Req is complaining about purdy doing (or not doing) today are the very same things jimmy was guilty of.

i'm not here to cape for purdy, but if req81 req81 is going to be keep saying he's trash or terrible, i'm just wondering where was this take when jimmy was doing the same thing, to a worse extent.
Its simple. If he cant win the big ones with a stacked roster while making 900k what makes you think he can win it while making 60m?

Roster will look vastly different. It is better to move off now before we are stuck in no mans land.

You cant waste a Fred Warner effort like that. You just cant.

this thread always has both its shirt and logic off after losses :lol:

Love most of you guys but i cannot stand this place after a loss, we gotta be better……team does as well :lol:

Very frustrating loss, idk if it was just me but our guys just looked rattled all game long. Obviously we cant see much down the field on TV after the ball is snapped, but it seemed like no one was open or maybe we just have to tip our cap to the coverage/scheme that day and move on to the next one (esp in week ****ing 2)

Blocked punts (charmin play by Wish when it happened tbh), 99 yard touchdowns, int’s in our own redzone and even when we’d have a decent play it seemed like Deebo had to go up and make a tough/great catch

All that being said, Minny played a really good game and we just seemed to be out of rhythm all afternoon. It’s okay to give credit to them, I promise :lol:

We certainly have to clean some things up though, thats for sure. I feel like we got bullied and that should never happen

We go again, Rams week :evil:

Oh God I didnt read a word but I see that weirdo req right above me. Stop giving him the time of day, can’t believe i have to say this but he is a troll and not a 49ers fan :lol: stop falling for it

Its simple. If he cant win the big ones with a stacked roster while making 900k what makes you think he can win it while making 60m?

Roster will look vastly different. It is better to move off now before we are stuck in no mans land.

You cant waste a Fred Warner effort like that. You just cant.

becasue i believe that players are capable of improving.

josh allen has had 6 seasons to win a superbowl with a stacked offense and stefon diggs in his prime, but nothing to show for it but AFCCG disappointments. the same could be said for joe burrow. if we're using superbowl wins as the only metric to measure a QB's value and ability, then 95% of current QBs don't deserve their contract.

i was frustrated with purdy constantly throwing into tight windows and what looked like double coverage but what can he do when his receivers aren't getting separation? niners play zone coverage so it's probably why vikings receivers got more separation but your best receivers averaging 0 and 2.2 yards is rough

becasue i believe that players are capable of improving.

josh allen has had 6 seasons to win a superbowl with a stacked offense and stefon diggs in his prime, but nothing to show for it but AFCCG disappointments. the same could be said for joe burrow. if we're using superbowl wins as the only metric to measure a QB's value and ability, then 95% of current QBs don't deserve their contract.
Hes nothing close to Josh Allen or Joe Burrow. Stop the shenanigans. He cant even beat the Vikings

Hes nothing close to Josh Allen or Joe Burrow. Stop the shenanigans. He cant even beat the Vikings

i'm not saying he's on allen or burrow's level but you said "Its simple. If he cant win the big ones with a stacked roster while making 900k what makes you think he can win it while making 60m?"

what makes allen and burrow worth $50 million if they can't win the big ones?

Brock just lost to his backup. Sure does not look like a 50m or 60m QB

Im just saying had it been Wilks defense get burned for a 97 yard touchdown the uproar would be much louder. I dont see anyone calling for Sorensen's head. 👀

Niners’ $30 million receiver went out there, couldn’t get open, and laid a dud but let’s put this loss on purdy.

The reality is, this was a total team loss on all four phases, save for jordan mason and fred. Take their humbling L and move on to the next week.

Last edited:
it’s all hypothetical stuff anyway. But I think people in general underestimate how hard it is to land an elite generational talent type of qb. Not just on here but nfl fans as a while. I’m talking your Brady, Montana, Mahomes, type of qb’s. A lot of it is luck and timing. Some of it is being bad at the right time. Some of it is circumstance. It took some teams decades to finally land that star talent. Outside of 2 seasons of end of his career Joe Montana. The Chiefs were constantly getting your middle of the pack slightly above average guys like Alex Smith, Elvis Grbac, Trent Green etc and fizzling out in the playoffs with subpar qb play. They went decades before hitting the jackpot with Mahomes.

In some crazy hypothetical situation where they decided to abruptly move on from Purdy. How confident would you be in the guys who traded two first round picks for Trey Lance while also strongly considering Mac Jones to make a similar trade? Because they’re not going to be bad enough to get the number 1 pick anytime soon. They’ve landed some absolute gems in the later rounds of the draft. But outside of the Bosa pick which was a for sure thing, their first round pick track record has been shaky.

And on another note, in the last 50 years, there’s only been 5 qb’s who were once the number 1 pick in the draft who started and won a Super Bowl. And one of those guys (Stafford) did it with an entirely different team.

it’s all hypothetical stuff anyway. But I think people in general underestimate how hard it is to land an elite generational talent type of qb. Not just on here but nfl fans as a while. I’m talking your Brady, Montana, Mahomes, type of qb’s. A lot of it is luck and timing. Some of it is being bad at the right time. Some of it is circumstance. It took some teams decades to finally land that star talent. Outside of 2 seasons of end of his career Joe Montana. The Chiefs were constantly getting your middle of the pack slightly above average guys like Alex Smith, Elvis Grbac, Trent Green etc and fizzling out in the playoffs with subpar qb play. They went decades before hitting the jackpot with Mahomes.

In some crazy hypothetical situation where they decided to abruptly move on from Purdy. How confident would you be in the guys who traded two first round picks for Trey Lance while also strongly considering Mac Jones to make a similar trade? Because they’re not going to be bad enough to get the number 1 pick anytime soon. They’ve landed some absolute gems in the later rounds of the draft. But outside of the Bosa pick which was a for sure thing, their first round pick track record has been shaky.

And on another note, in the last 50 years, there’s only been 5 qb’s who were once the number 1 pick in the draft who started and won a Super Bowl. And one of those guys (Stafford) did it with an entirely different team.

Well put, couldn’t agree more.

Niners could let Brock walk in FA after this season, but who is the better alternative on the open market? Their Super Bowl window is right now, and short of landing mahomes in some dream trade scenario, you gotta go with the kid who’s taken you there once and almost got you there another time.

1726473870659.png

Well put, couldn’t agree more.

Niners could let Brock walk in FA after this season, but who is the better alternative on the open market? Their Super Bowl window is right now, and short of landing mahomes in some dream trade scenario, you gotta go with the kid who’s taken you there once and almost got you there another time.

From a performance perspective. There isn’t going to be a better alternative on the open market that’s currently in the league. Teams don’t let those guys become available. Hell the Cowboys even blinked and gave Dak (who is a good qb) that $60 million dollar deal after everyone thought they were just going to play things out and let him hit free agency.

Even the idea of drafting another qb in hopes of trying to replicate what you get from Purdy on a cheap contract is far fetched. If it was that easy, any team that’s stacked with position player talent would be doing that. Build a stacked team and make the qb interchangeable and keep getting guys on rookie deals unless you get a Mahomes caliber guy worth committing to long term.

That being said. While I expect Purdy to get paid nicely in the offseason. How much he gets paid is going to depend on how well he plays this season. If he has a great season while most importantly staying healthy. You give him that precedent setting deal and don’t think twice. If he plays decent but it’s not great, I’m sure he’ll still get a nice pay increase. But it’s not going to be some market setting deal. That’s a shrewd front office and seeing how there’s been notable contract disputes the last few offseasons.

But all things considered. Purdy went from a cool feel good story and novelty to being a pretty damn good qb. It’s one thing to shock everyone and do if for a game or even a few games. But to sustain it. That’s hard to do regardless of what talent you have around you.

compare Purdy to whoever you want, the numbers speak for themselves

playoff records:
josh allen 5-5
joe burrow 5-2
lamar jackson 2-4

brock purdy 5-1

did purdy have a great game yesterday no, but like always comparing qbs in a vacuum is stupid because there are so many factors that go into it.

I dont want my franchise QB telling the other teams DC how great his scheme is.

Pretty sure Purdy just rubbed someone the wrong way (no Diddy)

Dont be surprised when Chris Simms exposes Kyles true feelings

We suck versus the Vikings and Shanny’s playcallin was atrocious
opening Drive, 3 straight passes.. lol. Acting like Mason did not have a monster game prior.

That 4th and 1 in the 4th quarter... a wr screen play to the right side. Shanahan trying really hard to out think him self yet again.
He should have had Deebo and Cowing doing some Jet touch passes or end arounds.

Purdy's deflected passes are on him. Throwing into traffic and the other "fumble" that was basically an interception. Wasnt even raining and the ball slipped out of his hands.

Back
Top Bottom