:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pass blocking = run blocking?

b34a0bded623110def5435e1ee1987a2.gif

today was req81 req81 's superbowl :rofl: :rofl:

Screen Shot 2024-09-15 at 1.15.19 PM.png

I feel like this photo needs some selective editing to prove the point you're trying to make lol.

2019 Jimmy Garoppolo was a 13-3 season, best since 2011, and a super bowl trip.

2022 Jimmy Garopolo bailed us out of the Trey Lance injury disaster and set us up with the necessary reg. season wins for an NFC championship trip that might have been another super bowl trip had brock purdy not gotten his elbow removed by the eagles defense.

Right, Purdy was hurried a lot of the game.

trent williams got beat a lot more than we usually see.

but QBs also need to feel pressure and adjust in-game. example 1 of the sacks there were 5 vikings rushing, no RB or other help on that side, brock needed to see/feel the free runner.

that's just a simple "count the hats" sort of exercise.

and i still think he's a good QB and our guy going forward. it just wasn't his day.

the defense did more than enough.

special teams had some botched plays.

but for example throwing 5-10 yard easy completions 4-5x in a row over the middle with 3:30 on the clock and 0 timeouts is just playing into their hands.

I feel like this photo needs some selective editing to prove the point you're trying to make lol.

2022 Jimmy Garopolo bailed us out of the Trey Lance injury disaster and set us up with the necessary reg. season wins for an NFC championship trip that might have been another super bowl trip had brock purdy not gotten his elbow removed by the eagles defense.
You never waste an opportunity to defend Jimmy :lol:

but it is what it is and i'm over the loss already :nthat:

i'm off to the bar. a former neighbor of mine/friend for many years and doorman at the bar died recently of a heart attack. there's a memorial for him there today.

donate if you can., we're already past the 12K goal, let's take it higher. he was an artist, a real one, and leaves behind a relatively young daughter.

but it is what it is and i'm over the loss already :nthat:

i'm off to the bar. a former neighbor of mine/friend for many years and doorman at the bar died recently of a heart attack. there's a memorial for him there today.

donate if you can., we're already past the 12K goal, let's take it higher. he was an artist, a real one, and leaves behind a relatively young daughter.

damn man, sorry for your loss

When i saw us going straight throws in the first drive. He was getting cute. Knew it was over. Mason did his thing but wtf. Ginger bread head ran like **** and knew us like he played for us… wait

im not gonna play revisionist history with jimmy. he did his thing in 2019 and bailed us out two years ago. but the things Req is complaining about purdy doing (or not doing) today are the very same things jimmy was guilty of.

jimmy was a statue in the pocket and showed little mobility to step up and avoid pressure. once the pocket collapsed, he rarely extended plays with his feet. in terms of pocket presence, jimmy was not good at recognizing pressure if it came from the blindside or recognizing that he was holding onto the ball too long.

i'm not here to cape for purdy, but if req81 req81 is going to be keep saying he's trash or terrible, i'm just wondering where was this take when jimmy was doing the same thing, to a worse extent.

Back
Top Bottom