:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

well hes under contract for 2 more years so technically the niners dont have do anything. if he really wanted a new contract he should have showed up to camp and gone from there. holding out and trying to force the niners' hand is not the right way to go about it because there's no way in hell trent and paraag are going to budge. it sets a bad precedent and every couple years youre going to have some random player think all he has to do is hold out and he'll get what he wants.
There it is folks.  That's all that really matters to me. 

I'm not sure how these contract hold outs work but can he hold out from the regular season and if so what are the consequences?

Yes he can, and he'll continue to lose more money because those game day checks won't be coming in. Boone might see guys dropping from injury or underperforming but that doesn't mean he has leverage. He still has none. At some point I expect him to pull a VD and say it's about getting back on the field and his love and passion for football was ultimately the reason why he ends the holdout.

Kaepernick talks about foot injury that slowed him in 2013
By Matt Barrows
[email protected]
Published: Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014 - 8:43 am

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/19/6638542/kaepernick-talks-about-foot-injury.html#storylink=cpy

SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers last year reined in Colin Kaepernick's running plays to save their starting quarterback from excessive wear and tear and because he suffered a significant injury to his foot.

Kaepernick, who during the season joked that the issue was a hangnail on his pinkie toe, revealed the actual diagnosis in an interview with The Bee this week. He said he suffered a chipped bone on his forefoot and a ruptured capsule in the ball of his foot when a Seahawks defender landed on it during a Week 2 loss in Seattle.
“Running down the sideline and went down,” Kaepernick said. “And I think it was one of their linemen or linebackers landed on my foot when I was on the ground.”

The injury prevented him from pushing off with the foot like he was accustomed and it diminished his acceleration. Kaepernick rushed nine times for 87 yards against the Seahawks. He didn't have more than 20 yards rushing again until a Week 7 win against Tennessee. His completion percentage in that span of four games was 53 percent; it was 60 percent for the other 12 in the regular season.

It should be noted that Kaepernick’s completion percentage likely was affected by the fact that one of his few trusted targets, Vernon Davis, was dealing with a hamstring injury suffered in the Seahawks game and missed the Week 3 game vs. Indianapolis. Another 49er, nose tackle Ian Williams, was lost for the season after a low block by a Seahawks offensive lineman resulted in a broken ankle. Safety Eric Reid left the game with a concussion.

Kaepernick was on the injury report with a foot issue from the start of Week 3 through mid November.

“I noticed it, especially in practice,” Jim Harbaugh said in March. “I think anytime you have a foot, a hand or a finger, it affects you throwing and running.” As a result, the 49ers did not call as many read-option plays for Kaepernick. “We didn’t want to see Colin get hit 12 times a game,” Harbaugh said. “Four or five? Maybe, and that’s it. That was a conscious effort.”

Kaepernick discussed the injury after being asked about the discrepancy between his postseason rushing numbers – when he averaged 9.3 yards a carry – and regular season (5.7 yards an attempt). Extrapolated over 16 games, his postseason rushing numbers would break Michael Vick's single-season rushing record for a quarterback by nearly 300 yards.

“It was something that was always there,” he said of the injury. “Never spoke about it, never said anything about it because you're a football player, you play through pain. Unless you're being carted off, you should be on the field. If it's something you can play through, that's what you do.”

Teammate Justin Smith revealed last month that he played through the 2013 season with a shoulder injury suffered in training camp. The issue required surgery in the offseason but Smith, a defensive lineman, and the 49ers never let on that it was a problem last year.

Said Kaepernick: “I think that's the kind of players we have on this team: You're not going to let something that's minor, that's not a true injury, keep you off of the field. You're going to hurt, yes. You're going to have tweaks and problems. But you're a football player, you can play through those.”

Read Matt Barrows’ blogs and archives at www.sacbee.com/sf49ers.

• Read more articles by Matt Barrows

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/19/6638542/kaepernick-talks-about-foot-injury.html#storylink=cpy

Gonna drop 205 on the tickets to the eagles game. Never wanted to spend that much on tickets but this is a special occasion. Also dropping 167 on the Cal vs Stanford game and plan on buying tickets for the Sharks and Kings game next year.

Last edited:
anyone interested in this week's preseason game at levis. I can't make it out and need to sell my tickets in section 127. pm me.

Levis stadium was great on sunday, parking wasnt even an issue for me

ill probably be selling a good chunk of my home games this year, sec 124.

Last edited:
Was always a fan of Tarrell Brown but he looks downright pathetic in Oakland last two preseason games. Asumough bad

Back
Top Bottom