:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Way too many breakdowns on defense today. The offense looked decent with the starters getting a couple series in but after that it's been very poor play.

Had to record the preseason game so im watching it now. Biggest thing that stands out through the 1st is Kap looks like very a matured QB displaying tons of growth. Very, very impressed.

G-ro with the 4 wide out spread with el guapo flexed out. I love it.

Last edited:
bruce giving red a shoutout.

'u dont wanna see me on the field HUH? lemme return this kick to the 40'
lol 
pimp.gif

A couple points:
Vance caught a rocket surprised tf outta me
Frank looks ready to prove to everyone he still got it
OL looked ok
Borland seems to be everywhere
Alot of miscommunication on d
Clock management still a prolem
Not impressed by the d line, really no pressure
Lynchmobb w mental mistakes
Tank n dial doe
Gabbert has NO business in the league
Bathea gettin chin checked and went to sleep like pacquiao

Whether it was all the hype around the stadium or watever the team was just not ready.

Going to keep it 100 and be completely objective: Levi's is seriously underwhelming to me from a visual standpoint. I am sure it's cool inside, but something is missing. Looks a little bland. Not a fan of the white wall backdrop where the seats begin. 

bruh this bum gabbert almost got bruce bruce killed 
mean.gif

tank and dial still looking damn good

Last edited:
Im sure its different once u step foot inside.

The stadium is pretty advanced green wise as they say, so thats pretty cool

The concourse is much more spacious, you're not bumping into everyone on every step.

The food selection is pretty wide, although they ran out of barbecue and garlic fries. How does that happen?

They figured out how to control traffic. That cluster**** from a couple weeks ago won't be a problem.

Security is much easier to pass through.

Ticket scanners are now kiosks/stations with representatives there to help.

The big screens are head and shoulders, them doubled over, better than candlestick.

The concourse is much more spacious, you're not bumping into everyone on every step.

The food selection is pretty wide, although they ran out of barbecue and garlic fries. How does that happen?

They figured out how to control traffic. That cluster**** from a couple weeks ago won't be a problem.

Security is much easier to pass through.

Ticket scanners are now kiosks/stations with representatives there to help.

The big screens are head and shoulders, them doubled over, better than candlestick.

Thanks for this especially about the parking. I already started figuring different routing options for the home opener.

Everybody was walking around the stadium after the beginning of the game.
View media item 1138115
We did tried to order food and drinks with the app, but it kept failing on us and then the app just crashed. Ended up getting a italian sausage that was ok, but I was so hungry anything would've tasted good.

Last edited:
No matter what, it seems like the 49ers have trouble scoring.  A team with out dept looks scary, especially at the QB position.  When your starters gets shaken, and your backup gets destroyed by other back-ups, it is not a good sign.  Pre-season or not, these guys are hitting hard.

Who gives a **** about scoring in preseason or preseason in general? I noticed dumb casual NFL fans keep bringing up the score in preseason as if it means something; Its completely meaningless and representative of NOTHING. There is zero game planning, zero scheming on both sides of the ball and everything is vanilla. It's checkers in the preseason, but real regular season football is chess.

The only obvious positions the 49ers have depth questions at is backup QB and right guard. Right guard can get fixed, but who knows what will happen with backup QB. Keep Kap clean and we'll be fine. Just about every team wants a better backup QB. The preseason is incredibly difficult to judge and evaluate because nobody wants to show their hand and is playing at the most basic level. You wont know where your flaws and weaknesses are until the games get real and the bullets are flying.

Which brings up the point that the preseason is too long. Fix that **** Roger Goodell/NFL.

Last edited:
bruce is to gabbert as crabtree is to kaep in the redzone: first, last, and only read.

lmao

idiot almost got lil bruce bruce killed throwing high heaters across the middle. wtf man. 
mean.gif

bruce ellington is going to have a nice NFL career. dude is everything i expected so far.

how about brandon lloyd getting behind pro bowl corner aqib talib on that go route? he needs to make the final 53 because we need more of that element in the passing game.

Last edited:
if Kaep can get bruce the ball in stride on a slant over the middle, 6 points. can't wait to see this dude playing with the starters

question though, if bruce eventually earns first team reps, does this mean we rarely see QP?

Who gives a **** about scoring in preseason or preseason in general? I noticed dumb casual NFL fans keep bringing up the score in preseason as if it means something; Its completely meaningless and representative of NOTHING. There is zero game planning, zero scheming on both sides of the ball and everything is vanilla. It's checkers in the preseason, but real regular season football is chess.

The only obvious positions the 49ers have depth questions at is backup QB and right guard. Right guard can get fixed, but who knows what will happen with backup QB. Keep Kap clean and we'll be fine. Just about every team wants a better backup QB. The preseason is incredibly difficult to judge and evaluate because nobody wants to show their hand and is playing at the most basic level. You wont know where your flaws and weaknesses are until the games get real and the bullets are flying.

Which brings up the point that the preseason is too long. Fix that **** Roger Goodell/NFL.

Is Kyle Orton still a FA? I'm serious....

I'd feel better if he's the backup QB. Gabbert is making Colt McCoy look like....UT Colt McCoy...and I didn't think he looked that great last season either.

if Kaep can get bruce the ball in stride on a slant over the middle, 6 points. can't wait to see this dude playing with the starters

question though, if bruce eventually earns first team reps, does this mean we rarely see QP?
Snaps for Bruce and QP are going to be limited especially at the start of the season. It's a good problem for us because the guys ahead of them are all studs.
Is Kyle Orton still a FA? I'm serious....

I'd feel better if he's the backup QB. Gabbert is making Colt McCoy look like....UT Colt McCoy...and I didn't think he looked that great last season either.
Yeah he is, but I dont think Harbaugh wants to go outside of the organization right now.

To me Blaine Gabbert looks like hes pressing and he doesn't have a full grasp of the offense. The game is moving too fast right now and he's thinking instead of playing. Dude is stumbling over himself after receiving the snap, throwing heat on little 5 yard passes and isn't on the same page with his receivers on option routes. Basically he's completely overwhelmed right now, but maybe with more time in the film room, studying and being out of the spotlight he'll relax and get comfortable.

I am extremely confident in Jim Harbaugh and I am sure he'll get this dude straightened out to a point where he can manage a game if needed.

Last edited:
I totally forgot I really liked what I saw from C/G rookie Marcus Martin. Dude is a nasty and was constantly winning at the point of attack. I cant believe we landed this dude. Trent trying to build that early 90s dallas cowboys esque line. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
From the telecast, stadium looked good. Looking forward to catching a game when I'm out there next yr...

Dial and Tank looked good again. I'm not worried about the pass rush with those guys on the line. However, we need a nose something bad. Ian needs to get healthy and in game shape soon. Was hoping to see more Okoye, oh well. Lynch got a lot of run. Looked decent at times as a rusher, but still needs work on the all around game.

ILB is still shaky at best. Borland continues to look lost in space.

Acker and Johnson looked good on the back end.

And backup QB is :smh:. Someone please call nate davis. Neither one of these dudes are taking the reins for the position

Back
Top Bottom