:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

At this point I dont see why not and try... Of course we still have a slight chance at changing directions... But we are 0-5, see if our backups can do something... If not come off season try at the draft again or pick up a veteran via trade/free agency

At this point I dont see why not and try... Of course we still have a slight chance at changing directions... But we are 0-5, see if our backups can do something... If not come off season try at the draft again or pick up a veteran via trade/free agency

It looked like we were pretty damn close to putting David Carr in there, dude has his helmet on and was about to run on the field and everything and then I saw Alex Smith step in
laugh.gif

I was watching the game with music playing yesterday in the background instead of the announcers, did they mention what Sing was saying to Alex after that dumb %*%+ fumble for 6 points the other way?

I dont even know at this point, I kind of want Alex to finish the season cause once we got 2-14 with him as a starter for a full season he should never get another oppurtunity in the league let alone the 49ers. Were garbage.

It looked like we were pretty damn close to putting David Carr in there, dude has his helmet on and was about to run on the field and everything and then I saw Alex Smith step in
laugh.gif

I was watching the game with music playing yesterday in the background instead of the announcers, did they mention what Sing was saying to Alex after that dumb %*%+ fumble for 6 points the other way?

I dont even know at this point, I kind of want Alex to finish the season cause once we got 2-14 with him as a starter for a full season he should never get another oppurtunity in the league let alone the 49ers. Were garbage.

Yea definitely agree with giving him till the bye... that would give the back up 2 weeks to take snaps with the starters... but at the same time I kind of just want us to tank the season so we have a better chance at getting a real good pick for the draft...

I just don't know why we were suppose to be a lot better but we end up doing worse
30t6p3b.gif

Yea definitely agree with giving him till the bye... that would give the back up 2 weeks to take snaps with the starters... but at the same time I kind of just want us to tank the season so we have a better chance at getting a real good pick for the draft...

I just don't know why we were suppose to be a lot better but we end up doing worse
30t6p3b.gif

This dude Alex Smith has had 5 games to get it together, actually check that, 5 years to get it together.   He's an INT magnet.  

This dude Alex Smith has had 5 games to get it together, actually check that, 5 years to get it together.   He's an INT magnet.  

carr is not the answer. he's definitely not a better qb than smith, and he's worse against a pass rush. plus i've heard that the skill guys, gore, davis, crabtree, still back smith. i'm not saying alex is good, because he's garbage, but i want to see the niners to at least TRY to play to his strengths, put him in the gun spread and let him go.

plus i don't know about you guys but i'm getting a pretty comfortable seat on this L train. top 5 pick baby

carr is not the answer. he's definitely not a better qb than smith, and he's worse against a pass rush. plus i've heard that the skill guys, gore, davis, crabtree, still back smith. i'm not saying alex is good, because he's garbage, but i want to see the niners to at least TRY to play to his strengths, put him in the gun spread and let him go.

plus i don't know about you guys but i'm getting a pretty comfortable seat on this L train. top 5 pick baby

I see flashes of greatness in Alex but I also see so many interveptions an mistakes
I see the fire in his eyes when the fans boo him and he always responds but we still always lose by a field goal or a turnover...
He's our favre but we just got to give him time..

I see flashes of greatness in Alex but I also see so many interveptions an mistakes
I see the fire in his eyes when the fans boo him and he always responds but we still always lose by a field goal or a turnover...
He's our favre but we just got to give him time..

alex smith is part of the problem but when you have gore fumbling the ball like it's nothing and the team playing sloppy and without discipline the team is going to suck.

i got caught in the moment with the we want carr chants last night but for right now alex smith is the best option on the team so stick with him for this season.

i see the potential in alex but long term wise it's best the him and the team part ways, he hasn't played to expectations but from the day he was drafted in 2005 the tean has mishandled him completely as well but for now he's the best option the team has so stick with him for now but unless the team shows major improvement the rest of the way through they need to get rid of him and the coach that is a good talker but can't handle his emotions and bring in a proven head coach to lead this team.

alex smith is part of the problem but when you have gore fumbling the ball like it's nothing and the team playing sloppy and without discipline the team is going to suck.

i got caught in the moment with the we want carr chants last night but for right now alex smith is the best option on the team so stick with him for this season.

i see the potential in alex but long term wise it's best the him and the team part ways, he hasn't played to expectations but from the day he was drafted in 2005 the tean has mishandled him completely as well but for now he's the best option the team has so stick with him for now but unless the team shows major improvement the rest of the way through they need to get rid of him and the coach that is a good talker but can't handle his emotions and bring in a proven head coach to lead this team.

I was going to say Alex Smith could possibly be a better QB on a different team, buttttttt this man has Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, and a nice little core of receivers in Josh Morgan, Tedd Ginn, And even Zeigler. Not to mention Westbrook really needs to be involved in that spread offense, Gore aint givin up any touches for nobody
laugh.gif

We like to pick on Alex, but Gore needs to hold onto that damn ball. Crabtree finally came to play (or finally got some touches) this guy is going to be something special in this league IMO. But with the way the things are going, I personally wouldnt want to stay in San Francisco when my contract expires if it continues to go this way.

We have a fully loaded offense, and the best Linebacker in the league (him and Mathews are 1a and 1b IMO)

Ive realized Alex is a decent QB, but he just makes some of the DUMBEST mistakes i've ever seen which makes him fall into that "garbage QB" category. He plays decently well throughout the game but come crunch time he finds new ways to mess up a game. I know its been said a billion times but cot damn I can not believe we had a chance to get Aaron Rodgers.

Id love for us to draft a QB this year but who's to say hes not going to turn out just the way Alex Smith did? Real frustrated with our team right now man. I truly thought we were going to do big things this year, as well as a lot of people did, SanFran fan or not.

Well we better win the battle of the Bay or else I could really care less what happens this season with the squad. Playoffs would be out of reach, as if they are right now..

Good thing the Lakers season starts in 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom