:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

[h1]Former NFL player Glen Coffee Jr. arrested (MUG, ARREST REPORT)[/h1]http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/former-33707-coffee-running.html#slComments/common.onset.freedom.com/pluck/images/community/commented_icon.gif);">http://common.onset.freed...ity/commented_icon.gif); background-attachment: scroll; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; font-size: 11px !important; font-weight: 500 !important; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important; background-position: 55px 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Comments 8
[h2][/h2]

October 08, 2010 11:33 AM

Wendy Victora

Daily News

FORT WALTON BEACH -- Former NFL running back Glenwood Razeem Coffee was arrested early Friday after a concealed firearm turned up during a routine traffic stop.

Coffee made national headlines in August when he stepped down from San Francisco 49ers after just one season. He told reporters he was listening to "God's call."

To read the arrest report, click here

The 23-year-old Fort Walton Beach resident was speeding on Eglin Parkway just before midnight Thursday, according to his Fort Walton Beach Police Department arrest report.

He was unable to prove he had registration or insurance on the 2008 Cadillac he was driving, so the car was towed.

While taking inventory of the car's contents, officers found a black 380 SIG Sauer automatic pistol in the center console. The pistol was recovered with the hammer "cocked" to the rear, the officer noted.

Carrying a concealed weapon in Florida without a permit is a felony. Coffee was booked into the Okaloosa County Jail just before 2 a.m. and has a Nov. 16 court date.

He told police he was self-employed as a motivational speaker. Jesus on a cross is tattoed on his right arm and "Faithful" is tattoed on his left arm. "Lions of Atlanta" is tattoed on his chest, the report noted.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/former-33707-coffee-running.html

Gods call huh?
indifferent.gif

You don't need me to recap the game, but Smith played a decent game that was overshadowed by the five turnovers. He looks horrible in a hurry-up offense, he burned off so much time on the clock calling so many audibles. We just need him to be more consistent, but it is pretty tough when he is rushed out of the pocket more than half of the time (and some other bonehead penalties that negated a few of Smith's 1st down throws). I'm all for grabbing a better QB if that chance comes along, but right now the front office isn't making the effort so we'll just have to keep supporting Smith for the time being.

You don't need me to recap the game, but Smith played a decent game that was overshadowed by the five turnovers. He looks horrible in a hurry-up offense, he burned off so much time on the clock calling so many audibles. We just need him to be more consistent, but it is pretty tough when he is rushed out of the pocket more than half of the time (and some other bonehead penalties that negated a few of Smith's 1st down throws). I'm all for grabbing a better QB if that chance comes along, but right now the front office isn't making the effort so we'll just have to keep supporting Smith for the time being.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Smith turns the ball over at the worst times...that's the story of his career- he can be great in flashes, but he also turns the ball over repeatedly.
But I'm for sticking with him at least for a few more games, if we become 0-8 and 0-9 or something, I think a change would be good. But right now, we were supposed to roll with him thinking he'd be good enough to get us to win the crap NFC Worst, we should stick to him til the end of this season.
But even if he leads us to the playoffs, we still need to get a better QB in the offseason and either get rid of Smith or have him be a back-up.

Smith turns the ball over at the worst times...that's the story of his career- he can be great in flashes, but he also turns the ball over repeatedly.
But I'm for sticking with him at least for a few more games, if we become 0-8 and 0-9 or something, I think a change would be good. But right now, we were supposed to roll with him thinking he'd be good enough to get us to win the crap NFC Worst, we should stick to him til the end of this season.
But even if he leads us to the playoffs, we still need to get a better QB in the offseason and either get rid of Smith or have him be a back-up.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I'll make the next game thread...
let me get this one.
laugh.gif

No sir, you still support Alex Smith.  Your posting/thread making privileges regarding the 49ers should be restricted until further notice.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I'll make the next game thread...
let me get this one.
laugh.gif

No sir, you still support Alex Smith.  Your posting/thread making privileges regarding the 49ers should be restricted until further notice.

Back
Top Bottom