Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

It all comes down to #s produced, no matter what angle you're looking at it. In relation to resellers, what kind of deterrent is a random restock on an already limited shoe? You'll be making even fewer consumers happy that way, given the pure luck you'd need for a random restock and the possible disappointment of reliving a "campout" situation and striking out again for a planned restock. Obviously restocks would be released in significantly lower numbers than the original release.
Restocks hurting resellers can only happen if the shoe was reasonably available in the first place.
I'm not saying saturate the market, but they can produce according to demand, especially if its a retro. They know how to find a balance.
Was it necessary to make the MV as limited as they did?
I don't believe Nike cares about resellers. Why would they if all they have to do is raise the retail 10-20 bucks? But they do care about the free/no effort marketing that hype provides.

All this can be avoided if they just took pre orders for limited shoes a few months in advance. Suppose its not a huge deal to Nike either way.

I call system error on this one. Remember when they SUDDENLY restocked on the QS Jordan XXs FSR a few months ago?

None of us that got thru know if it was an actual restock or a glitch. We all just have our fingers crossed that the orders get shipped.

None of us that got thru know if it was an actual restock or a glitch. We all just have our fingers crossed that the orders get shipped.

I don't believe it's a glitch. KD IV scoring titles restocked last week and they arrived at my house today. Nike reps were saying it was a glitch because...... most of the time those idiots have no idea what's going on.

After the scoring title restock, I also heard that there would be restocks of several shoes this week... and it happened.

HONESTLY, I AM SICK OF NIKE LEAVING US HANGING ON THE BEST COLORWAYS OF A SHOE. GOING BACK TO THE 7 WE HAVE BEEN PUNKED OUT OF CLASSIC COLORWAYS EITHER NOT BEING RELEASED AT ALL (SUEDE BLUE HWC 7, HWC 8, SVSM 8 AND NOW THE ELITE CHAMPIONSHIP 9S), OR BEING SO LIMITED THAT THEY ARE BASICALLY UNATTAINABLE.

could i break off 5K

Last edited:
sad i missed out on the restock but im hoping a generous soul would let me buy the pair they got from the restock off them for retail
nerd.gif
Sad part is i just want them for my feet, people buy them just to resell.  **** ill pay $300 and i cant even get that.

HONESTLY, I AM SICK OF NIKE LEAVING US HANGING ON THE BEST COLORWAYS OF A SHOE. GOING BACK TO THE 7 WE HAVE BEEN PUNKED OUT OF CLASSIC COLORWAYS EITHER NOT BEING RELEASED AT ALL (SUEDE BLUE HWC 7, HWC 8, SVSM 8 AND NOW THE ELITE CHAMPIONSHIP 9S), OR BEING SO LIMITED THAT THEY ARE BASICALLY UNATTAINABLE.
could i break off 5K< on the championship pack? yes
but its about principle at that point...and personal pride. i refuse to be the DELTA BRAVO that drops that much on any shoe and makes other scumbag resellers think that the going market is that high
i recently exchanged some emails with a scoumbag reseller on feebay that had his pack listed for 5k...during the course of our conversation he jacked the price up to 7K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7 freaking K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no sir, not i, never
Nike can stop this. they just refuse to do so.
i am not saying make every colorway a GR...BUT DAMB!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS? 60-70 PAIRS OF A CLASSIC SHOE WORLDWIDE? ***** NIKE AND THAT DAMB RESELLER.
SORRY FOR THE ESSAY
      I feel ya pain, bro.................................i guess?

If it becomes common knowledge that these "limited" releases will eventually restock once or twice it may delay people from jumping on resellers prices right after the 1st sellout. Hell it may even deter reseller from buying up the initial stock if they don't feel like its worth their time waiting on now calmed buyers with an eventual restock bound to happen. Patience is key I suppose. Just a thought...
That "make shoes more available" thing is a double edge sword. On one hand yeah maybe you make a few more consumers happy with availability but on the other hand you create a supersaturated market for your product therefore killing the frantic demand "limited releases" cause. Once again, just a thought...
Your right i agree 100% but if people are only buying the shoe because its limited or rare then there considered a hypebeast.  As a sneakerhead I like this because it will make it easier to obtain a pair that I may want.   I dont buy kicks if there limited.  I buy if I like them.  I could care less if there hyped or limited.  So I say its a good thing for sneakerheads but its a bad thing for the hypebeasts and the resellers.

liverpool's are at fireberries numbers

do not pay over retail or preorder....

enough for all

^^ Agreed awesomeblossom, don't overpay for these, exactly like SLHs or Fireberries

Was it necessary to make the MV as limited as they did?

MVs weren't terribly limited in a sense of pairs produced, they just had a wider European/Asian release which caused there to be less pairs in North American markets

Last edited:
^^ Agreed awesomeblossom, don't overpay for these, exactly like SLHs or Fireberries
MVs weren't terribly limited in a sense of pairs produced, they just had a wider European/Asian release which caused there to be less pairs in North American markets
Exactly! And in a lot of the international markets the MV sat... My boi who goes to visit his dad in Turkey picked up some about a month ago at Nike istanbul. He said they had FSR still. I am assuming that the pairs released yesterday were the left over international stock that still had not sold. Either way, props to those who came up on the restocks! Wish I could have doubled up but I am just happy to have one pair.

could i break off 5K

Eastbay had 1 size 12 MV show up, somebody already added to their cart though.

I'm having the toughest time finding any of the elites in a size 14, I have the Taxi's but at this point I can't even find the home or aways other than one pair on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom