Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

I personally think Nike is trying to condition us to continuously visit their site in hope of random restocks. Cuz even if they dont restock being on their site enough will cause most consumers to eventually just buy something. Also maybe deter people from jumping to resellers if limited shoes keep restocking, give people that missed the 1st wave hope for a 2nd wave. So far Kobe VII Cloaks and WTK plus (Easter PDF and Sharks restocked today), KD IV ST and USA, and now Lebron IX South Beach, Mangos, Swingman all restocked somewhere down the line after sellouts...
I just read about this on sneakerbar detroit.  The Lebron IX South Beach rstocked for  $199.00  instead of the $250.00 they went for when they first dropped.   I agree with everything you said.   This looks like the first steps Nike is taking to dismissing the resellers.    I'm just glad  there doing this.   Now maybe its gonna get  a little easier to get the pairs I want to get.

ALL HOH will restock Jordan Military IV, Cool Grey/Orange XII, Obsidian XII... AND 40 selected HOH's will get the Jordan VI Olympic. I wonder if there will be any difference in quality because before they were pumping these out week after week... I think they've slowed it down a little and some factories were able to hone in on materials and quality and production of these releases and are now finished with their batches. Personally I'll pick up another pair of Olympic 6's and Cool Grey/Orange 12's if I don't get the GMP pack in my size or the KD's in my size
The HOH in the Fashion show mall is getting restocks of all the shoes you listed so if your in Vegas you will get a 2nd chance at copping these if you didnt already.    I think there doing this now because they know a lot of people are gonna miss out on the GMP and they want to get that money still from everybody.

^^^^^^^
thats lame as hell but its the jordan. Im glad it ain't lebrons but i will be damn if i got all these good looking rare lebrons for no reason. No one in a 50 mile radius better have the same shoe i got

How is a random restock months down the line gonna deter resellers? Unless they're plentiful, it won't matter.

How about just making stuff available?

Last edited:
How is a random restock months down the line gonna deter resellers? Unless they're plentiful, it won't matter.
How about just making stuff available?

If it becomes common knowledge that these "limited" releases will eventually restock once or twice it may delay people from jumping on resellers prices right after the 1st sellout. Hell it may even deter reseller from buying up the initial stock if they don't feel like its worth their time waiting on now calmed buyers with an eventual restock bound to happen. Patience is key I suppose. Just a thought...

That "make shoes more available" thing is a double edge sword. On one hand yeah maybe you make a few more consumers happy with availability but on the other hand you create a supersaturated market for your product therefore killing the frantic demand "limited releases" cause. Once again, just a thought...

has there been a pattern to the restocks that have happened recently? like a time/date range after original release date?

When the hell did they restock the south beach's?  How the Fu** did i miss it 
frown.gif

So a restock of the MV's for 199?! That's not bad at all... I guess I need to start looking out for restocks now. Seems like this is definitely Nike's intentions to bring traffic to their site. Only thing to try and figure out to see if there is a pattern as to when they restock from the original release date.

So a restock of the MV's for 199?! That's not bad at all... I guess I need to start looking out for restocks now. Seems like this is definitely Nike's intentions to bring traffic to their site. Only thing to try and figure out to see if there is a pattern as to when they restock from the original release date.

Plus a 20% off coupon code on clearance items, so $159....

If it becomes common knowledge that these "limited" releases will eventually restock once or twice it may delay people from jumping on resellers prices right after the 1st sellout. Hell it may even deter reseller from buying up the initial stock if they don't feel like its worth their time waiting on now calmed buyers with an eventual restock bound to happen. Patience is key I suppose. Just a thought...
That "make shoes more available" thing is a double edge sword. On one hand yeah maybe you make a few more consumers happy with availability but on the other hand you create a supersaturated market for your product therefore killing the frantic demand "limited releases" cause. Once again, just a thought...

It all comes down to #s produced, no matter what angle you're looking at it. In relation to resellers, what kind of deterrent is a random restock on an already limited shoe? You'll be making even fewer consumers happy that way, given the pure luck you'd need for a random restock and the possible disappointment of reliving a "campout" situation and striking out again for a planned restock. Obviously restocks would be released in significantly lower numbers than the original release.

Restocks hurting resellers can only happen if the shoe was reasonably available in the first place.

I'm not saying saturate the market, but they can produce according to demand, especially if its a retro. They know how to find a balance.

Was it necessary to make the MV as limited as they did?

I don't believe Nike cares about resellers. Why would they if all they have to do is raise the retail 10-20 bucks? But they do care about the free/no effort marketing that hype provides.

Just showed up randomly, no tweet or warning...
wow fml.  But i was reading some comments on a site, and people were saying they couldnt even purchase them they were just there lol.  I wonder if anyone got their hands on them....

Back
Top Bottom