OFFICIAL RAP BATTLE THREAD: Hitman Holla vs. Aye Verb p.12

this is the most debateable battle ive seen in a while, bruh no one is clear on the winner i asked my boy who won he said surf off top, then we watched it again and i pointed out of the the stuff he missed that hollow spit and he was like nah hollow got that. Can we all agree this is a classic?

Yeah it was weak but all you're showing is that you're a real big hollow fan.

So you're just gonna act like he ain't have corny lines/schemes too ?

Don't touch me cuz like chicken pox you'll get it. :rofl: ... That must be top 3 if tsu schemes is top 10.

The 2 rebuttals by hollow to start the 3rd round were brutal almost cringeworthy.... You could hear a pin drop after those bars and u know its nearly impossible to get silence at URL battles.

this ***** :smh:

Surfs rebuttals in round 2 and 3 were absolutely terrible . Hollows rebuttal in round 3 was a good 8 bars long

the chicken pox line was corny , but unlike Surfs Drake scheme the "chicken pox" line was supposed to be funny, not lyrical . Surfs "miss-Con-duck" line was wack and forced to me too

edit -- also IMO people dont appreciate the art of actually setting up punches . Surf had some cold **** , but he could have literally mixed around his punches and no one would have noticed because his rounds would have sounded exactly the same . Hollows Michigan line , his febreze line , his full house line all had good set ups that led to a crazy punch

Bottom line is both dudes had some wack lines which is normal, I'm just pointing out wack bars from hollow in case people wanna act like he ain't have a few duds.

So because Hollows rebuttal was 8 bars long to start the 3rd that makes it ok to be corny c'mon fam that sounds like an apologist angle. And because the chicken pox line was supposed to be funny again that makes it ok to be corny ? It's clear your objectivity is gone.

If its corny it's corny doesn't matter if its 20 bars long or supposed to be funny , those are just excuses.

I did enjoy this battle but I wouldn't call it a classic because hollows 1st and Surfs 3rd were both lackluster rounds, can't have a battle with a 1/3 of the round being weak sauce IMO.

This was a good battle.  After rewatching it a couple of times now, I wanna say a draw.  Both had some good and corny bars.  Surf was giving you direct jabs, while hollow was giving you more creative bars.  I gotta take back what I said about hollow.  Son was giving some cold bars.  He might give lux, a decent battle.  

Didn't think this needed its own thread but I'm excited to see Smack finally getting the respect he deserves

Honestly this battle was boring. Hollow spits so much filler by the time his punchlines come out I'm bored already. Surf isn't that nice either to me. Decent but he won this battle. Who cares about who won which round

Didn't think this needed its own thread but I'm excited to see Smack finally getting the respect he deserves

smack is like the steve jobs of the internet era, before you could upload your trash visual you had to holler at smack, im very proud he choose to keep battling alive, its scary but these battles is like the only pure form of the original five elements of hip hop left.

smack is like the steve jobs of the internet era, before you could upload your trash visual you had to holler at smack, im very proud he choose to keep battling alive, its scary but these battles is like the only pure form of the original five elements of hip hop left.

nah son grindtime started this internet battle league
smack just followed and made it better

better? nah but smack has a strong résumé and connects in the game to draw that added attention

URL is the nba exposure wise but it's ran terribly

kotd is actually the better overall league and before them grindtime held that crown

grindtime just watered their brand down with hundreds of no name battles and leagues/regions within leagues causing people to not know what to watch

grindtime was actually on pace to go mainstream but couldn't keep it together

the former owner of it is eating tho and actually lives here in houston in one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the city

urls best move they made was taking the old music biz standard of bringing in new talent and cultivating their sound and raising their profile with the proving grounds

hollow vs surf is the first battle in a while to be better than the pg battles

Last edited:
dunno if yall have seen this before , but the **** is hilarious

yall think them dot mob dudes are bad ? peep this **** :lol: :lol: :smh:

dunno if yall have seen this before , but the **** is hilarious

yall think them dot mob dudes are bad ? peep this **** :lol: :lol: :smh:

Hilarious :lol: :lol:

As for Surf vs Hollow, it all depends on who you have Round two, to.

Surf clearly got the 1st (and I'm not honoring any statements saying the opposite) and Hollow clearly got the 3rd (and I'm not honoring any statements saying otherwise.

1st viewing, I gave the 2nd to Surf in a close one. If someone said Hollow won, I couldn't really disagree too much w/ it.

High quality battle. From two of my favorites doing it :smokin

Here's a question, do you guys judge a Battle round by round or by the totality of the Battle?

I go round by round
So do I but I'm starting to questions whether or not that's the best way to do it.

II listened to the Surf Hollow battle two more times yesterday and came to the conclusion that if I'm looking by it round by round then Surf wins, but I judge it as a whole then Hollow wins.

Round one unquestionably belongs to Surf but as the Battle went on, he started to level off while Hollow was getting better to the point where Surf edged round two and then just lost the fire it seemed like.

I go round by round

same here . to be honest though i feel like people pick and choose

the myth of Lux's "legend" from the Calicoe battle is a perfect example . going round for round Lux edged Calicoe to win 2-1 (he clearly lost the 1st with that choke , edged the 2nd and clearly won the 3rd) , but the way people talk about that battle you wouldve thought he 3-0'd Calicoe

now you got guys talking like no one on this earth is worthy to battle Lux :rolleyes

Last edited:
I go round by round
same here . to be honest though i feel like people pick and choose

the myth of Lux's "legend" from the Calicoe battle is a perfect example . going round for round Lux edged Calicoe to win 2-1 (he clearly lost the 1st with that choke , edged the 2nd and clearly won the 3rd) , but the way people talk about that battle you wouldve thought he 3-0'd Calicoe

now you got guys talking like no one on this earth is worthy to battle Lux
eyes.gif
That might be an even better example than the one I gave cause of the fact that he choked. Chokes usually dictate battles for me, its so hard to recover from them that the guy who chocked usually loses, and thats a common mindset from what I've seen but not for this battle. Its like round one didnt even exist in peoples minds and were screaming that Lux was the GOAT and he somehow 3-0'd him when he barely had a first round. For the record I think hes going to lose to Hollow at SM3

I talked about it maybe a page back but I judge it as an overall thing

flow
delivery
content
stage presence
crowd control
impact
setups/schemes
charisma
and you have to win the third round

and prolly other things I can't even think of at the moment

Last edited:
I go round by round
So do I but I'm starting to questions whether or not that's the best way to do it.

II listened to the Surf Hollow battle two more times yesterday and came to the conclusion that if I'm looking by it round by round then Surf wins, but I judge it as a whole then Hollow wins.

Round one unquestionably belongs to Surf but as the Battle went on, he started to level off while Hollow was getting better to the point where Surf edged round two and then just lost the fire it seemed like.

See that's the thing I felt as though Surfs 2nd was lack luster minus the LaL scheme remix... He has some bars but the round as a whole was repetitive. That's why I gave it to Hollow because his angle was completely different from his 1st in addition to it being fire.

I go round by round

See that's the thing I felt as though Surfs 2nd was lack luster minus the LaL scheme remix... He has some bars but the round as a whole was repetitive. That's why I gave it to Hollow because his angle was completely different from his 1st in addition to it being fire.
Seriously, Surf seemed to get lazier and lazier as it went on, and by the time Hollow got to the "Swear to God" lines, he had the entire crowd behind him. You can tell that Surf thought some bars were going to hype the crowd up more than they did, like the Miami Heat one, which I honestly thought was dope cause of the Udonis Haslem part but no one seemed to get it

That was my favorite part of the battle too. "Ima do the battle standing over here.... Cause God bout to strike his ***"
laugh.gif

I hope they drop Chilla Vs. DNA next

Last edited:
When they gone drop another battle from NOME 3?? They take forever to drop them *****..i mean they got mucho momentum cause Hollow/Surf getting attention

Back
Top Bottom