OFFICIAL RAP BATTLE THREAD: Hitman Holla vs. Aye Verb p.12

Crazy how some people really giving Surf that 3rd round.
This battle was way closer that people who witnessed claimed it was and I think I understand why.

Although the majority of the audience was NY heads they weren't reacting to much of the battle but the Jersey heads that were in the building let it be known they were riding with Surf.

Hollow wins 2-1 more personals n quotables...this is like a boxing match you can be winning on the undercard but if you get knocked out..you just gotta take the l...notice how o-red was giving surf some " advice" when hollow starting roasting him in the 3rd...hollow with the flurry of punches at the end makes him the winner imo but don't get me wrong surf did his thug thizzle though, Lakers scheme was genius

Last edited:
Finally watched it and boys LIED!!!

Hollow won 2-1. His 2nd and 3rd were :x :smh:

That's not to say Surf didn't get off because he did but he peaked in the 1st. Someone said it in here, if Hollow goes 2nd they might just say he 3-0'd him.

Hoillows 3rd is absolutely crazy

all depends on what you look for . Surf out-barred Hollow , but Hollow actually took different approaches and angles to each one of his rounds whereas all 3 of Surfs rounds did the exact same thing

after watching the first time i gave it to Surf 2-1 , but watching again im starting to lean more towards Hollow . either way , clearly a classic battle

After watching it once I had Hollow 2-1... absolutely dominated rounds 2 & 3... the more I think about it I need to rewatch round 1 because Surf was getting off but he wasn't that far ahead on that round from what I remember.

Surf had a damn decent performance but it was NO WHERE like what boys were making it out to be, and they drastically undersold Hollow's... His 2nd was worst than his 3rd which was crazy... Its really not as close or debatable as boys are making it imo.

people giving surf extra credit cause hollow didn't body him

hollow got better every round and I personally think you can't win a battle if you lose the 3rd round

for instance, if lux woulda choked in the 3rd instead of the 1st he woulda lost to cal

also that's how math beat rex, he killed him in the 3rd and cancelled out everything rex said

conceited beat cortez that way too

people like to score it like boxing but if you run outta gas in boxing you get ko'd

not a fan of the score 2-1 in battle rap, it's deceptive

tone montana beat danja zone but people say zone won 2-1 which is impossible cause tones 3rd took all the energy and impact outta zones 3rd and tone took the crowd

just my theory on the game tho

people giving surf extra credit cause hollow didn't body him

hollow got better every round and I personally think you can't win a battle if you lose the 3rd round

for instance, if lux woulda choked in the 3rd instead of the 1st he woulda lost to cal

also that's how math beat rex, he killed him in the 3rd and cancelled out everything rex said

conceited beat cortez that way too

people like to score it like boxing but if you run outta gas in boxing you get ko'd

not a fan of the score 2-1 in battle rap, it's deceptive

tone montana beat danja zone but people say zone won 2-1 which is impossible cause tones 3rd took all the energy and impact outta zones 3rd and tone took the crowd

just my theory on the game tho

That's a wack theory chief...

I agree with much of what you said... Had Hollow came straight out the gate at Surf instead if building up to it in his 1st the opinions would be different.

Because the 2nd & 3rd weren't even close even with Surf still performing at the same level he did in the 1st.

Hollow was actually focused and zoned in during those last two. Every bar was built upon which is different for him. If he goes like that from here on out and zones in from the jump only person ******g with him is Lux

if cats wanna go by rounds then surf started with an A and ended with a C and hollow started with a C and ended with an A, which grade would you wanna leave with?

surfs rounds were more even but progressively got worse

hollows rounds showed a wider range of progression

I edge it to hollow but respect all opinions

after my third watch this a tie, hollow was way behind but his third round was powerful if he could 3 rounds of that i see him giving lux a go

Hollow all day.

Tsu has nice wordplay but sometimes its a stretch and a bit corny and damn near all gun lines.
Hollow had hard-hitting personals which were clearly true cuz you see Tsu getting irritated.

It's easy to spot hollow fans, now y'all trying to give him the 1st round too :lol: c'mon now.

I'm not a fan of either of these dudes, seriously only watched this because I've been watching battles since DVDs and I watch almost all rap battles.

Hollows 3rd round was priceless but this ain't boxing, u can't knockout someone with a good 3rd round if you're already losing 2-0 in battle rap.

It was a close battle but I really think surf edged it , I gave him that middle round slightly which was the only debatable round IMO.

It was close enough to go either way but if you think someone got slayed you're seriously biased.

Nah after watching it a 2nd time... Surf definitely took the first.

I still stand on my statement that Hollow dominated he 2nd and 3rd.

U know whats funny...people say surf clearly won the 2nd but surf was catching feelings for getting exposed..hollow got this... U said it urself u only as real the company u keep that flip hurt

After the 2nd and 3 rounds from Hollow Surf, Ars, and Red was lookin real shakey . Surf starting whining and falling for Hollows set ups that's not something someone who KNOWS their winning would do.

like i said before , the more i watch this battle the more i got hollow winning by taking the 2nd and 3rd . Tsu did the same damn thing the entire battle in every round , and his Drake scheme was so trash to me

IF ONLY there was a way to mute the D-riders when people are flowin....neways...I got 40 mins to watch this again today. Let me reiterate, I support hollow to the fullest, not much fan of Tsu, but I still think Tsu took this. Will have a more bar detailed recap this time for ya.

Drake scheme was easily the top 10 corniest things ive ever heard in battle rap history

Yeah it was weak but all you're showing is that you're a real big hollow fan.

So you're just gonna act like he ain't have corny lines/schemes too ?

Don't touch me cuz like chicken pox you'll get it. :rofl: ... That must be top 3 if tsu schemes is top 10.

The 2 rebuttals by hollow to start the 3rd round were brutal almost cringeworthy.... You could hear a pin drop after those bars and u know its nearly impossible to get silence at URL battles.

Last edited:
You can tell surf got respect for hollow cuz he was flipping a lot of hollows lines against big t.."the contract says f em up bring him to me Alive, diss lux so much coke on the l of his keyboard" he know hollow spazzed out and had to work it in his rounds

Yeah it was weak but all you're showing is that you're a real big hollow fan.

So you're just gonna act like he ain't have corny lines/schemes too ?

Don't touch me cuz like chicken pox you'll get it. :rofl: ... That must be top 3 if tsu schemes is top 10.

The 2 rebuttals by hollow to start the 3rd round were brutal almost cringeworthy.... You could hear a pin drop after those bars and u know its nearly impossible to get silence at URL battles.

this ***** :smh:

Surfs rebuttals in round 2 and 3 were absolutely terrible . Hollows rebuttal in round 3 was a good 8 bars long

the chicken pox line was corny , but unlike Surfs Drake scheme the "chicken pox" line was supposed to be funny, not lyrical . Surfs "miss-Con-duck" line was wack and forced to me too

edit -- also IMO people dont appreciate the art of actually setting up punches . Surf had some cold **** , but he could have literally mixed around his punches and no one would have noticed because his rounds would have sounded exactly the same . Hollows Michigan line , his febreze line , his full house line all had good set ups that led to a crazy punch

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom