OFFICIAL RAP BATTLE THREAD: Hitman Holla vs. Aye Verb p.12

Jones last 2 battles kinda hurt his legacy imo.

If you judge him off flightclub and mook i dont think you can say he isnt legandary. If not who do u consider a legend

If Mook is a legend so is Serius.

His battle with Jin as ridiculous as it was definitely brought alot of attention back to battle rap and pushed it mainstream for a sec.

He essentially got a deal off that alone.

qp is truly missed...pause

It sounded like the crowd was mic'd up and the performers weren't smh

wasn't too far off from any other url battle tho

He was never a winner, but QP is one of m favorite battlers.

One of the most entertaining dudes to do it.

His battle with B Magic is a classic. 

Man ya'll making these cats seem as if they are giving oscar worthy performances on stage. A dude mentioned Tay-Roc and then said a mainstream artist wouldn't be able to do that. Do what exactly?? sit on a stage and deliver a bar too a room of people. Fab when on punchline mode is top 5 ever, he's very clever and if you can control thousands of people at a time i don't think he would have trouble controlling a crowd of a few hundred.

A cat Lux, Mook, clipse etc etc will probably be the best mashups for mainstream artist but Budden would PULVERIZE one of these mid tier battle ****** in every form and fashion. This is a dude who made !0 minutes, 3 sides to a story, Had a song having a discussion with god you don't think he's creative or witty enough to come up with a few schemes and name flips on a ***** with some gun lines

:lol: At Tay-Roc son is the rap battle version of Jay hood

Man ya'll making these cats seem as if they are giving oscar worthy performances on stage. A dude mentioned Tay-Roc and then said a mainstream artist wouldn't be able to do that. Do what exactly?? sit on a stage and deliver a bar too a room of people. Fab when on punchline mode is top 5 ever, he's very clever and if you can control thousands of people at a time i don't think he would have trouble controlling a crowd of a few hundred.

A cat Lux, Mook, clipse etc etc will probably be the best mashups for mainstream artist but Budden would PULVERIZE one of these mid tier battle ****** in every form and fashion. This is a dude who made !0 minutes, 3 sides to a story, Had a song having a discussion with god you don't think he's creative or witty enough to come up with a few schemes and name flips on a ***** with some gun lines

:rofl:

This ...dudes in here act like battle rappers aren't sloppy 90% of the time

lol ...

im not even going to debate this anymore . hopefully one of these mainstream guys actually jumps in the ring to settle all this

battle rap is more like stand up comedy, everybody is waiting to hear new material

rappers entertain large groups of people but it's their fans coming to the shows so they don't have to win anyone over

most battle rap fans are fans of the moment , whoever produces the best moment right then and there will get the most love

but yes, if I had to put money on anyone to perform well id put it on joe, plus he's very sarcastic

Last edited:
battle rap is more like stand up comedy, everybody is waiting to hear new material

rappers entertain large groups of people but it's their fans coming to the shows so they don't have to win anyone over

most battle rap fans are fans of the moment , whoever produces the best moment right then and there will get the most love

but yes, if I had to put money on anyone to perform well id put it on joe, plus he's very sarcastic

I fully understand that which is why i wouldn't take a regular mainstream rapper and throw him in the ring, but someone who is known for punchlines and wordplay will always have a chance in that ring IMO. What i'm saying is i don't doubt that a Joe, Fab, Jada, Kendrick etc etc wouldn't be able to write ten minutes worth of hard punchlines and memorable lines because they do it all the time only difference is it's placed over a beat and your considered repetitive if you do it during music.

I fully understand that which is why i wouldn't take a regular mainstream rapper and throw him in the ring, but someone who is known for punchlines and wordplay will always have a chance in that ring IMO. What i'm saying is i don't doubt that a Joe, Fab, Jada, Kendrick etc etc wouldn't be able to write ten minutes worth of hard punchlines and memorable lines because they do it all the time only difference is it's placed over a beat and your considered repetitive if you do it during music.

it's not just a skill it's a mindset

you gotta go out there ready to kill

there are a handful of cats I can see doing it tho

most established rappers started out battling anyway

wait -- are you guys trying to argue that Joe Budden and Kendrick are more lyrical than the most lyrical battle rappers ?

wait -- are you guys trying to argue that Joe Budden and Kendrick are more lyrical than the most lyrical battle rappers ?

Why is this even discussed u can't compare the two skill sets why u think most battle rappers never prosper out the field? They can rap aimlessly but can't develop dope songs

Man ya'll making these cats seem as if they are giving oscar worthy performances on stage. A dude mentioned Tay-Roc and then said a mainstream artist wouldn't be able to do that. Do what exactly?? sit on a stage and deliver a bar too a room of people.

Im not saying mainstream artist can't go up there and do it but its a whole different ball game. You're not going up there rocking with a crowd of cats that bought tickets to hear your music that they already f**ks with...and you're not spit''n the same bars from a song that you've done over and over again. You're trying to win over a crowd thats going to judge what you say and on top of that...memorize 48 to 64 bars with a cat in your face and a room packed full of people boo'ing or stopping you in the middle of your ish from cheering....thats a whole lot more pressure than doing your everyday show.

but...Joe is dumb nice lyrically...i don't see anyone hanging with him bar for bar.

Back
Top Bottom