OFFICIAL RAP BATTLE THREAD: Hitman Holla vs. Aye Verb p.12

The whole mainstream vs battle rapper thing has a slim chance of happening imo, the mainstream rapper stands to lose too much from it.

yo ...

lets just get one thing clear -- battle rappers in general would DESTROY mainstream artists . i dont know why there is this perception that battle rappers would get washed

BATTLE RAPPING is what these guys do . making songs is what guys like Budden do

can Budden freestyle ? can he rebuttal ? can he control a battle rap crowd ? can he handle being booed ? can he scheme ? is he witty and can crack jokes ? can he be aggressive and get in another battle rappers face and have it be believable ?

yo ...

lets just get one thing clear -- battle rappers in general would DESTROY mainstream artists . i dont know why there is this perception that battle rappers would get washed

BATTLE RAPPING is what these guys do . making songs is what guys like Budden do

can Budden freestyle ? can he rebuttal ? can he control a battle rap crowd ? can he handle being booed ? can he scheme ? is he witty and can crack jokes ? can he be aggressive and get in another battle rappers face and have it be believable ?

I get what your saying if your talking about a 2chainz.... or a drake etc etc..

But Joe's style for a long time was heavy punch lines, has witty word play (Schemes), Not to mention that these dudes have been in front of thousands of people in crowds for years. Some mainstream cats may get washed but those who are lyrically clever and good would do just fine in a battle rap.

Do you not think a Fab or a Kendrick if given a few weeks to write for opponent cant come up with different schemes and punches to throw at people. I also think people are forgetting how much Delivery & flow plays into a battle and that's something mainstream artist are great at.

I get what your saying if your talking about a 2chainz.... or a drake etc etc..

But Joe's style for a long time was heavy punch lines, has witty word play (Schemes), Not to mention that these dudes have been in front of thousands of people in crowds for years. Some mainstream cats may get washed but those who are lyrically clever and good would do just fine in a battle rap.

Do you not think a Fab or a Kendrick if given a few weeks to write for opponent cant come up with different schemes and punches to throw at people. I also think people are forgetting how much Delivery & flow plays into a battle and that's something mainstream artist are great at.

i think they might be able to get a round , but they arent going to take out a top tier dude by any means . guys like Lux , Charlie Clips , Hollow , T-Rex , Ill Will , Tay Rock would wash them . controlling a crowd when performing songs is very different from controlling a crowd in a rap battle too

:lol: not to mention the tons of personals dudes would throw Budden's way . dudes been punched up on camera , Tahiri rejected him and got banged out by JR Smith . dudes would ROAST him

Last edited:
:lol: not to mention the tons of personals dudes would throw Budden's way . dudes been punched up on camera , Tahiri rejected him and got banged out by JR Smith . dudes would ROAST him

IMO that would be the only big disadvantage a dude like Buddens would have. Yall saying he would get washed like he's never had to battle anybody before. I'm sure he's been in plenty freestyle battles before where he had to be way more witty on the spot. Having time to write for his opponent , i'm sure he would be fine aside from the ammo they would have against him.

This.

Joe has taken so many L's it wouldn't even be fair.

That pic is just to create some buzz.

Oh and if Daylyt had a different delivery or slowed down so the crowd would catch his punches, double entendres, etc, he would get way more praise for his lyrics than his antics. Dude is nice and def says some stuff but most people miss it because of his flow or cuz they're watching him to see what he's going to do rather than what he's going to say. Sometimes I be wanting him to "slow it down" so that the crowd can get what he just said and react.

Nah even the some of the lowest tier battle rappers would wash a mainstream artist.

I would have given the nod to Em if he was even an ounce of his former shell.

I think the mainstream artist that would come the closest might be Jadakiss.

Nas might have the ability, but he doesn't have that loud presence... only time I've seen him really screaming in a song is probably One Mic :lol:

Jay... washed... DMX... just like Buddens they have to much dirt on him so he's washed by default... Fab... meh maybe he can hold his own but he'd be washed too... Kendrick... if dudes can understand his Elmer Fudd voice and understand what he's spitting and not going over their head... nah he'd get washed and exposed.

They might have been able to hang before battle rapping changed to what it is now.

Smack DVD days, they could've. Now it's a completely different thing. And even the nicest mainstream dude isn't prepared to perform like these guys.

yea being on that stage doing what they do is a whole different ball game ..but Joe did use to battle off cam..that's how Clue caught wind and scooped him up

and don't forget joell Ortiz got noticed from winning that EA sports battle event..and he used a nfl scheme!!

They might have been able to hang before battle rapping changed to what it is now.

Smack DVD days, they could've. Now it's a completely different thing. And even the nicest mainstream dude isn't prepared to perform like these guys.
This. It's not jus standing up there spitting random gun bars and punches like it was before. U can't beat these dudes at their own game. That's like saying let's put them in the studio and see who can make a better album. U think if a lower tier dude got the opportunity to battle a mainstream dude he's not gonna write the best **** he ever wrote. That would be his chance of getting noticed on some jordan crawford dunking on lebron steez

Last edited:
budden is very perceptive and loves to argue

if there is any rapper to successfully battle a top tier battler id put my money on joe

that's not saying he can't get slaughtered tho

but hollow is not where he should start...at all

Last edited:
Mainstream rappers can't battle rap just like battle rappers can't make good albums (supposedly)

Please. Durant hung 60 at the Rucker. If ya nice at your craft, ya nice.

Budden will wreck whoever comes at him.

Bet Durant can't out dunk all those dudes at the rucker or out dribble them

Bet Durant can't out dunk all those dudes at the rucker or out dribble them

Thats not his game. He is a scorer and he went out and scored. The misleading thing is street ballers dont play d so its not hard for someone with the skillset of KD to go off.

Back to battle rap i feel joe is one of the few "mainstream" rappers that have the skillset to translate to battle rap but like said his transparent past would haunt him. Like mook every time he steps in the ring its about getting beat up or something.

Yo you guys think if Serious Jones battle again dudes is going to clown him for what happened with Math?

I mean dude got snucked and stoled on so it's not much he can do.

Last edited:
Yo you guys think if Serious Jones battle again dudes is going to clown him for what happened with Math?

I mean dude got snucked and stoled on so it's not much he can do.

Not in this case cause Serius is a legend in the game and Math took the L in the bigger picture ... There really wasn't any clowning on Serius ... There was more talk about Math's *** move ... Everybody in the game has skeletons .. Everybody has been rocked .. Look at Bill Collector, he battled Tech 9 with a black eye and a lump and bodied him ... Im talking "Merrily merrily merrily merrily, ashes in the sea" kind of body bag ,,, We never saw dude again.

Not in this case cause Serius is a legend in the game and Math took the L in the bigger picture ... There really wasn't any clowning on Serius ... There was more talk about Math's *** move ... Everybody in the game has skeletons .. Everybody has been rocked .. Look at Bill Collector, he battled Tech 9 with a black eye and a lump and bodied him ... Im talking "Merrily merrily merrily merrily, ashes in the sea" kind of body bag ,,, We never saw dude again.

He battled jjdd after tech 9 (lost). Was supposed to battle Rex , but I think he's in jail now.

Back
Top Bottom