***Official Political Discussion Thread***

nta.jpg

'NOT TODAY ANTIFA': Gun Company Ad Threatens Leftists With Assault Rifles

If you all have HBO, take a look at Vice News: Episode 267 (Jan. 8, 2018). One segment features Democratic Party and its influence in rural areas. It features Krystal Ball and People’s House Project training pursuing funding for candidates of the Democratic Party in rural towns. They follow her as she visits the third district of a small town in WV—cannot recall the name of the town—providing consulating for the local candidate.

I will not spoil it entirely for those intending to watch it ( I know there is a spoiler section) but here are my thoughts:
  1. I understand the underlying benefit of having more blue support in communities; more blue support in local towns theoretically means more support at higher levels (county, state, national), so I see the value
  2. The issue with my first thought is the rhetoric behind this movement from Ball. While she acknowledges, vaguely, the importance of female and minority votes, she dismisses it for present the rhetoric of the Old Democratic Party, or supporting the working class (seems to be a nice motto for both parties). The problem is the message comes across as another empowerment for white men and not for the American people, nonetheless, the Democratic Party. They are spewing the same Republican message while not truly focusing on fixing the problem within Democratic Party and its outreach (I am firm believer that
  3. Remember, Krystal was an advocate for the removal of Hilary off the 2016 ballot. This is clearly evident in the segment, and I ponder, “are we truly providing the accurate information to these individuals in rural areas on politics and its effect on them?”
In conclusion, more blue means less red, and inevitably, closer to the overall political goal for the Democratic Party. However, the fundamental issue of racism and racism seems to still not be as prominent as I was hoping. As long as these small towns can be persuaded that they are somehow the imagery of the working class American—a white citizen who contributes through physical labor—a portion of the Democratic Party is willing to promote that persuasion and alienate those who are vigorously supporting them at the polls; hence, Doug Jones victory in Alabama.

Thoughts?

Reject, but never forget, what these devils on the right think of you and your people.

no offense to the old people but these type of people who think like this need to fall off the planet already. Still living in the past.

Goes to show the MJ propaganda they were pushing back then really affected the minds of those old folks

If the Democratic Party selects Oprah or Zuckerberg or Mark Cuban, you can expect a mass exodus to the third parties. Most of us, who supported Bernie in 2016, voted for Clinton in the general. That is why Jill Stein got a very small share of the general electorate. That is why Hillary Clinton, in the general, got 83% of Sanders' primary voter support.

While we disagreed with Clinton, we knew that she was serious. In 2020, if we get Cory Booker or Kamala Harris in 2020, we leftists, will not be thrilled but most of us would support those candidates in the general.

You give us Oprah or Zuck or Mark Cuban many of us, who usually vote for Democrats, will have the green light to support, en masse, Green, independent and write in DSA candidates.

Then bounce. Srs

There will be a primary, so if the "I don't get my way so I'm picking up my ball and leaving" is the move, then make it.

Prove liberals right and show minorities (who will not follow in mass) exactly how entitled you are.

Tired of this leftist petulence.

Peace.

Last edited:
Furthermore...

Cuban already said he would run as a Republican

Zuckerberg on paper and in practice seems unable to form a reliable coalition. Unless he makes inroads with progressive voters

The only real threat out of three is Oprah.

And her path might be a dominant showing with the black vote.

So I'm not stupid. This argument implies that if black Democratic voters pick the rich black lady, the mainly white faction of the Democratic Party will leave and join other mainly white parties.

So I will strengthen my prior post. If they want to insure 4 more years of Trump and allow the minority members of the left to catch even more then; if that is how leftist feel, **** off, **** all the way and bounce.

Seriously.

Last edited:
Furthermore...

Cuban already said he would run as a Republican

Zuckerberg on paper and in practice seems unable to form a reliable coalition. Unless he makes inroads with progressive voters

The only real threat out of three is Oprah.

And her path might be a dominant showing with the black vote.

So I'm not stupid. This argument implies that if black Democratic voters pick the rich black lady, the mainly white faction of the Democratic Party will leave and join other mainly white parties.

So I will strengthen my prior post. If that is how leftist feel, **** off, **** all the way and bounce.

Seriously.

If you pick someone with no experience or even a damn law degree to his or her name, we will know that you guys are not serious about economic or racial justice. Just having a black person as President won't help anyone. The left is supposed to care about politics as a profession, as serious undertaking to defend marginalized groups. The frivolity of nominating some with the same CV as Donald Trump will speak volumes.

Leftists will not take this seriously if the Democrat's core constituencies (black women and/or upper middle class professionals) refuse to take any of this seriously. We'll support whatever professional politician you guys can get nominated but no amateurs.

If you pick someone with no experience or even a damn law degree to his or her name, we will know that you guys are not serious about economic or racial justice. Just having a black person as President won't help anyone. The left is supposed to care about politics as a profession, as serious undertaking to defend marginalized groups. The frivolity of nominating some with the same CV as Donald Trump will speak volumes.

Leftists will not take this seriously if the Democrat's core constituencies (black women and/or upper middle class professionals) refuse to take any of this seriously. We'll support whatever professional politician you guys can get nominated but no amateurs.
Then bounce.

There will be a primary, if you have such a problem with the choice black people make, then do yourself a favor and not have to deal with their opinions. Not like leftist candidates care to campaign in the South anyway.

Maybe the left could try getting behind a candidate that would actually put in the slightest of effort into attracting the black vote and spreading the message of economic justice, and Oprah would not be such a threat. If the best candidates the leftist can put forward is a former sws who pedals nostalgia politics, and a old man who can't speak on racial justice for ****, and whose hands are cover is white supremacy too, then maybe they should take some blame as why an amatuer snuck through the door.

And if leftist leave the Democratic Party, and allow the vote to split they will not only prove they were no serious about racial justice they also prove they are serious about economic justice and worker rights.

So please, by all means, proceed.

Better yet, join the GOP and try to deliver the left wing economics with white nationalism like the Rust Belt and Appalachian voters you guys covet over so badly.

Last edited:
We don't have much punching power because we live on kale and raw water, although we do have brittle bones so we might still break eachother's libby bones.

As long as you work off the jab in the early rounds NOTHING else matters. Also, I will be waiting in the rafters like Sting waiting to lay the winner out.

There shouldn't just be 2 parties

I wish we had a Jedi party here

There's too many different viewpoints for anything to be decided by just two sides

Hopefully with Joe running, this is the end of the GOP

Back
Top Bottom