***Official Political Discussion Thread***

When are we likely to get results from Georgia? I’m assuming only after the polls close at 7pm?
Yeah should some get numbers after that.

I'm wondering when we'll be able to get a definitive look on who's winning. Having less votes than the General should make it sooner but we'll see

Live odds right now:

Warnock -$200

Perdue -$130 😢

Republicans to control the Senate -$145

I'm throwing some money on Ossoff. Already got some on Warnock.

What you thinking about their chances?

I think yang has a serious chance mostly because of his name brand and national exposure.

My classmate, I think him being more of a centrist gives him a chance as people are sick of De Blasio, but I doubt people will want to elect a 34 year old.

At the same time, because it De Blasio, this maybe New York voting a republican in because they are sick of what the last few years of democratic rule. The US seems to always go back and forth after double terms.

hvyns5vx6j961.jpg

Betting odds are not a reliable indicator of anything here, especially with the polls still opened. They're just taking money :lol:
of course. but Vegas oddsmakers dont just put odds out there for ****s and giggles. At the end of the day, Vegas just hope they have equal money bet on both sides because sports books win in that instance.

Nobody should take odds as an indicator.

These narratives about the "browning of America" are very problematic. Historically in America, groups formerly viewed as "nonwhite" are eventually included in the category of who is "white" so that white people as a group can remain numerically superior over blacks and other people of color. Why wouldn't "white" Hispanics — such as some Cubans, for example — simply not be grandfathered into whiteness?

of course. but Vegas oddsmakers dont just put odds out there for ****s and giggles. At the end of the day, Vegas just hope they have equal money bet on both sides because sports books win in that instance.

Nobody should take odds as an indicator.
Yea, it’s about the money coming in though just clarifying for anyone following that those odds have nothing to do with the actual result, especially at this point.

Back
Top Bottom