***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don't understand this argument. "... the libs are all over it"? This is the first I've seen any mention of it, but I may also have OJ blocked for sheer creepiness. If anyone is re-posting or commenting on what he's saying, I would imagine that the context would be along the lines of "even crazy probably-murderers like OJ aren't falling for this stuff", not actually supporting OJ in any way. And "imagine if Nicole Kidman was black"? I don't even know what you're referring to there. Also, Kid Rock might be in the WWE Hall of Fame, but he's definitely not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
I’d love to share a video I found on the deep state on my Parler account but NT won’t allow it bc of liberal ideologies. Basically the deep state is everywhere. Even Lebron James is a part of it now. Why else would he sign that extension now? So he cam donate to Warnock, a colored senator. Wake up Brian!

While I tend to side with Obama on this point I wish he’d stay out of politics just so the message, whatever is, can atleast be unified.

Yeah I dunno I think the greatest political communicator of his generation should continue to stay involved in politics.

and I think anyone involved in politics should at the very least pay close attention to his advice.

All I got out of your rant is that Trump is more of a POS than OJ. If Kid Rock's ignorant methhead behind supported Biden while still being who he is now pandering to deplorable people in small rural towns who don't read books that would be odd.
Love how da libs are all about black lives mattering but then turn around and **** on kind rural folks. I’d say “rural lives matter” but wouldn’t wanna be casted out as a racist

Yeah I dunno I think the greatest political communicator of his generation should continue to stay involved in politics.

and I think anyone involved in politics should at the very least pay close attention to his advice.

if the second part happens, then the first part is valid.

if the second part happens, then the first part is valid.

if the second part doesn't happen then we should defund the progressive movement. :lol:

im hoping this is just a bunch of internet leftists Mad Online

and most normie progressives understand that Obama is a political genius,
and his formulation of politics is the best way to win.

This "Barack" guy got a future in politics.

I heard Jim Clyburn say it on CNN last month say this and I got his point. He was comparing it to the 70's.

People don't understand that defund the police doesn't mean get rid of the police and they get turned off on the slogans.

Because people are stupid 🤷‍♂️

Just like BLM doesn't mean other lives don't matter or ours come first.

I heard Jim Clyburn say it on CNN last month say this and I got his point. He was comparing it to the 70's.

People don't understand that defund the police doesn't mean get rid of the police and they get turned off on the slogans.

Because people are stupid 🤷‍♂️

Just like BLM doesn't mean other lives don't matter or ours come first.

I really don't want to relitigate this

all I will say is

I have no idea what "defund the police" means.

Some people say it's no cuts just reallocate some police funds to non armed social workers and community programs.
Some people say no literally just cut police budgets drastically. and decrease police presence in general.
and then a few people make it sound like police abolition is the goal of defunding.

in every argument ive had about this it changes based on who you talk to.

and I am an high information consumer of politics.

there's not one national approach to winning House or Senate seats. some of the targeted House races in PA that adopted the progressive "expand the base" strategy DID expand the voting base of Dems by bringing new voters into the electorate. it also brought out more Pubs and the loss margins were not better than those suffered by Dems in the recent past

each district is different in that the message that maximizes a Dem's net vote varies a lot by district. but more than ever, information flows nationally, and people are affected by national messaging too. the most honest assessments of what works comes from those actually trying to win, and those with no ax to grind

these absurdly simple analyses - e.g. blaming a moderate message for losses by moderates who flipped red seats in 2018 and lost in 2020 won't carry the day. I think it's clear that a progressive message can get new voters out to vote. the question is whether it also motivates more Pubs to get out and vote against it

maybe that effect in certain places this year is an artifact of something unique to the 2020 election. only time and parsing the numbers district by district will tell

"black lives matter" is a just and true statement.

"Defund the police" is a policy prescription. (imo a bad policy prescription)

so irrespective of whatever you think about the politics of the slogan and it's impact on down ballot democrats...

what is the formulation of a the "defund the police" idea that would actually be good and effective policy?

I mean I know damn well it’s disingenuous as hell when people attack the phrase

i mean it’s the same thing with people somehow misinterpreting the simple word of “matters”

but yea explaining to people the amounts being spent on police and military while you gotta legit fight for funding for healthcare and education is just sad

this shouldn’t be that had for people to get

BE22BFE9-8262-4489-9F8A-658230111A36.jpeg

i mean it’s the same thing with people somehow misinterpreting the simple word of “matters”

but yea explaining to people the amounts being spent on police and military while you gotta legit fight for funding for healthcare and education is just sad

these memes annoy the **** out of me. :lol:

It's bizarre, suddenly progressive are fiscal budget hawks.

crazy idea: how about we just spend more money on all of it?

these memes annoy the **** out of me. :lol:

It's bizarre, suddenly progressive are fiscal budget hawks.

crazy idea: how about we just spend more money on all of it?

Nah, we don't need to spend more money on military and police.

But I agree with you that the slogan defund the police was pretty dumb considering the vast majority of police departments are funded by local municipality property taxes so they were campaigning on an idea in which they have very little say.

also this idea that people are disingenuous for disliking a slogan,
that when taken literally,

describes a policy they do no want.

???? wut ???

but yea explaining to people the amounts being spent on police and military while you gotta legit fight for funding for healthcare and education is just sad.

it’s not just about getting them to understand, it’s about combatting the disinformation acting as a counter narrative to the message you’re trying to get across too. That’s the hard part in my opinion. Large swaths of the American public are low information. On the left, middle, and right.

because the military spending is absurd.. and police aren’t doing their damn jobs properly because they wanna be the damn military

sure, okay but their are plenty of good things we can spend money to IMPROVE police departments.

this idea that you spend less money on something and it gets better is so weird.

Back
Top Bottom