***Official Political Discussion Thread***

People should not be denied the opportunity to build wealth and live dignified lives because they got an education. That's a ridiculous stance to take.

A ridicules stance? Ok how about the people who did not get the same education?

One of these groups has a much lower chance of living a dignified life and building wealth.

It’s amazing how much back and forth there is in here when it comes to ridiculous arguments.

Loan forgiveness is a stimulus package for a certain group. No outrageous loans to pay back, maybe they buy a house, maybe they start a business or pursue other dreams that will in turn stimulate the economy.

I can't tell if noshoegame noshoegame is actually that level of low information or if he's legitimately arguing in bad faith but yall should have left that dude sitting in his feelings pages ago when he outright refused to acknowledge this behavior even when called out repeatedly. :lol:

Pretending that someone who is collage educated and in debt is more of a strain on the economy and our tax dollars over the non educated poverty stricken ones does not make a lot of sense.

This is exactly my entire argument against forgiving formerly accumulated student loans.

The narrative that you continue pushing is that currently the people earning well over the average American income are the ones who need the most help will never make sense to me.

who said this?

again, youre the only here making the assumption only one of the issue can be addressed. who here is making that choice?

You are a liar

I never said anything close to that.

Please, quote me saying this

You are just making **** up at this point to give your argument legs.

So please, miss with this

They're kids that don't really know anything, especially if they're 1st generation college students, no one to really guide them. You take these children with no financial education and just throw them out there just suddenly responsible for 1000s without proper explanation. It's overwhelming.
My mother was 1st gen. She came to america at the age of 12. My grandmother who never got a degree here or abroad had no idea what the college process was like, so my mother did her own research, picked Fordham and ONLY Fordham because it was the best school that was closest to the apartment and signed whatever papers she could to go because she felt it was her only option.

If she had anyone to properly advise her she:
A. Wouldn't have applied to only one school like a dummy
B. Would have done research for scholarships
C. Would have gotten actual financial advice on the rationality of the loans she was signing for

This is a common story. Children who grew up in poverty have a chance to turn things around but instead they're taken advantage of and handicapped with debt. It's unconscionable.
A ridicules stance? Ok how about the people who did not get the same education?

One of these groups has a much lower chance of living a dignified life and building wealth.
There's no binary choice here that needs to be made between helping people with college debt and helping people without degrees. Both things can be done.

Besides the fact that a car is a necessity in many places, you also ignore that a lot of people can't afford a home or a decent car because of the financial albatross of student loans hanging from their neck weighing them down. People should not be denied the opportunity to build wealth and live dignified lives because they got an education. That's a ridiculous stance to take.

My mother is still paying her student loans for fordham undergrad/law. That's decades of payments we're talking about.
The most logical and practical thing to do for any homeowner with student debt is to take out the equity of the home and consolidate the student loan debt with that equity. This way in the event the worst scenario presents itself they can foreclose and *poof* no more student debt.

These dudes keep trying to get this narrative off like it was a bunch of illegally casted ballots they are despicable
This is also the same guy that he himself disqualified ballots that disenfranchised tens of thousands to win the governor's race. Anything is possible with that scumbag.

Was in South Dakota and Wyoming this weekend kicking it. Didn’t see one trump thing except a closed down trump shop. No bumper stickers or flags or nothing.

The place I was eating at had snl playing just roasting trump to death and all the cowboys were laughing. I don’t think anyone likes trump man :lol:

Half the state didn’t vote and you can def tell. Didn’t hear a word about trump or Biden. Just don’t take their guns and it’s all good. :lol:

I'm not saying your should follow @TotalSeasons on twitter, but I'm definitely not saying you shouldn't follow them.

They just released their yard as a Zoom background.

EmaeM58WEAA2J4F.jpg

They are having fun with their moment.

Back
Top Bottom