***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I’ve been struggling to figure out why the GOP is digging in so hard. The simple explanation is individual lawmakers are afraid of primary challenges by Trump-backed opponents. But now I’m thinking this could be even worse longterm. What if the GOP has looked at the map and demographic shift in the country and is looking to use this sham to push even further voter suppression. This is dangerous.

the simple explanation is that the GOP cares about retaining power more than anything else, including democracy.

The inauguration won’t be big like the typical inauguration either, right? Gathering all of those people during Covid is a bit risky
I can imagine that the inauguration itself will be isolated to government officials. Then having another drive in celebration afterwards that can be easily controlled. Shame, Sister Harris needs all of her flowers

I’ve been struggling to figure out why the GOP is digging in so hard. The simple explanation is individual lawmakers are afraid of primary challenges by Trump-backed opponents. But now I’m thinking this could be even worse longterm. What if the GOP has looked at the map and demographic shift in the country and is looking to use this sham to push even further voter suppression. This is dangerous.
You’re giving the GOP more credit then they even give themselves. Them dudes have stated and shown time and time again that when their power is on the line they don’t give a damn about democracy and will gladly suppress people instead of being beholden to the majority of this country and it’s changing demographics. That is absolutely why they are doing this.

When someone says they won't say who they voted for, it just means they voted for Trump and they won't own it :lol:

These people kill me :rofl:
CRAZIEST THING is people who were quiet during George Floyd, all the protests, and now the election. Like you really gonna be dead silent through ALL that

This one chick I know is a fraud. She always talking about wanting to work for Nike/Patagonia and work for sustainability supply chain. Buying phone cases made from recycled plastic. But her family from Florida and she been posting pics of her dog all week acting like nothing happening. *** backwards thinking man. I like the environment but my parents voted for trump so i will too. Frauds i tell ya

CRAZIEST THING is people who were quiet during George Floyd, all the protests, and now the election. Like you really gonna be dead silent through ALL that

This one chick I know is a fraud. She always talking about wanting to work for Nike/Patagonia and work for sustainability supply chain. Buying phone cases made from recycled plastic. But her family from Florida and she been posting pics of her dog all week acting like nothing happening. *** backwards thinking man. I like the environment but my parents voted for trump so i will too. Frauds i tell ya

It's either they post **** like nothing happened or they say dumb **** like "BiDeN goNNa RaiSe YoUr TaXeS"

:lol:

You’re giving the GOP more credit then they even give themselves. Them dudes have stated and shown time and time again that when their power is on the line they don’t give a damn about democracy and will gladly suppress people instead of being beholden to the majority of this country and it’s changing demographics. That is absolutely why they are doing this.
They were calling this morning on C-Span, demanding that a GOP-led senate obstruct the legislative process. At this point, arguing that the base is just a bunch of fools is misguided. They are all in on it. They don't want a democracy, they want power over those who don't **** with their party.

Sums up my thoughts

Had a similar conversation with a friend of mines who shared this view and was very much triggered by people celebrating....I just don’t understand what exactly is there to be upset about if you stand on the side of decency and NOT with DJT....the clown is out! That’s what most are celebrating, pretty sure no one is expecting Biden to come and solve racism in America, but just like these same people asked to give a celebrity tv star, con man, racist developer with no experience in politics whatsoever a shot, why is asking to give Joe a shot, needless to say, the convo went nowrhere

124638210_10158641110243150_972745451223907146_n.jpg

There is a part of me that believes that Trump is serving something else, one that was looking for devout followers, and he has accomplished that. It really does not matter as to what you call him, as it is really, truly about one's actions.

123675574_10158117162939032_396696181518248248_n.jpg
Big MOOD.

They were calling this morning on C-Span, demanding that a GOP-led senate obstruct the legislative process. At this point, arguing that the base is just a bunch of fools is misguided. They are all in on it. They don't want a democracy, they want power over those who don't **** with their party.

Speak of the devil.....

sooooooooooooooo NOW they wanna change the rules...

how many times these dudes gotta tell us they don’t actually want democracy before we realize they being serious?

Something I’ve been thinking about we really need to frame this fight for what it is. A fight of ideals that promote democracy against ideals that are anti-democracy. We all know it they’ve said it themselves republicans win less when more people are able to vote it is not in their interest for more people to practice their right to vote make them own that. Let us focus on making elections easier for people to participate in and pass laws to protect voter rights and let them argue and contort themselves on why more people practicing their rights and participating in democracy is a bad idea. Make them own that the only reason they against it is cause they know those people aren’t voting for them and make sure it’s framed that way. After all it’s not even a lie they have said so themselves.

This election pretty much proved that the idea of mass voting would cause republicans to get washed was pretty much incorrect on so many levels this year though. Huge voter turnout helped them flip a bunch of house seats and potentially keep the senate majority. The only reason it even seems like a bad outcome for them is because Trump is maybe the least popular president of all time and lost, but it was much closer than predicted. Mass voting was by and large FAVORABLE to republicans this year. If they are smart they would make it easier for people to vote, not harder.

Last edited:
This election pretty much proved that the idea of mass voting would cause republicans to get washed was proven incorrect on so many levels this year though. Huge voter turnout helped them flip a bunch of house seats and potentially keep the senate majority. The only reason it even seems like a bad outcome for them is because Trump is maybe the least popular president of all time. Mass voting was by and large FAVORABLE to republicans this year. If they are smart they would make it easier for people to vote, not harder.
I think they won in those down ballot races not because turnout showed for them too but because it’s a lot of people who still give republicans the benefit of the doubt and don’t connect them to trumps BS in their mind it’s how they justify voting for Biden but voting for a mitch or gharam or a collins. I blame more the fault of them controlling the narrative that this isn’t the Republican Party but “Trumpism” and once he’s gone everyone outside of that isn’t that bad. I still believe in the long run mass voting will favor the Democratic Party more than them and they know that too

I think they won in those down ballot races not because turnout showed for them too but because it’s a lot of people who still give republicans the benefit of the doubt and don’t connect them to trumps BS in their mind it’s how they justify voting for Biden but voting for a mitch or gharam or a collins. I blame more the fault of them controlling the narrative that this isn’t the Republican Party but “Trumpism” and once he’s gone everyone outside of that isn’t that bad. I still believe in the long run mass voting will favor the Democratic Party more than them and they know that too

That's what im saying though. Trump lost but this election pretty much proved that they majority of Americans still identify as republicans and will still vote that way if their candidate isn't a reprehensible human being (although many awful individuals on the right got elected/Re-elected this year). I don't know that I buy the idea that mass voting is all of a sudden going to make it so republicans will never win again.

Back
Top Bottom