***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Woke up today feeling very American
1604927170006.gif

They were livid that Obama was president for 8 years and the government was able to keep him safe so I think Biden will be alright and agencies like the FBI and CIA will be on deck just in case some group of idiots like the Poor Boys wanna start some ****.

You think these Call of Duty gamers are gonna overrun the Secret Service? :lol: These are the dudes "standing by" :smh:

I’m not worried about Joe Biden lmao I’m worried about normal people like myself who like to go to places in DC like restaurants without worrying about (likely armed) crazy people busting in there like the Kool Aid Man:

I know better than to give Republicans the benefit of the doubt when it comes to being scumbags for political wins.

The General Services Administration is tasked with formally recognizing Biden as president-elect, which begins the transition. But the agency’s Trump-appointed administrator, Emily Murphy, has not started the process and has given no guidance on when she will do so.

I'm also listening to many Republican callers this morning, on the radio, coming up with a wide variety of reasons why they will support an uncooperative congress, should they control one of the chambers.

The GOP has proven that their platform is purely ideological, and they will pursue the tenets of that ideology with no regards for the consequences of their policies on the US.

Political parties that operate that way are extremist. No real coalition will happen with "moderate" Republicans because the ones who exist do not drive the political agenda of the Republican party and they will default to the party platform when the rubber hits the road instead of breaking ranks.

Something I’ve been thinking about we really need to frame this fight for what it is. A fight of ideals that promote democracy against ideals that are anti-democracy. We all know it they’ve said it themselves republicans win less when more people are able to vote it is not in their interest for more people to practice their right to vote make them own that. Let us focus on making elections easier for people to participate in and pass laws to protect voter rights and let them argue and contort themselves on why more people practicing their rights and participating in democracy is a bad idea. Make them own that the only reason they against it is cause they know those people aren’t voting for them and make sure it’s framed that way. After all it’s not even a lie they have said so themselves.

MOAR!!!!!

Emphasis on that last statement. This is why never trumpers and all these republicans trying to say we need to move on and lecture the Democratic Party need to be ignored as the gas lighters they are. It is in their best interest to cause in fighting in the Democratic Party and split up this coalition. They know the numbers are against them and as long as this coalition stays together and the turnout is high they lose. They would love for progressives to split from the democratic party cause it would make it easier for them to win at the margins again with a 3rd viable party taking chunks of votes. I know a lot of people would love a 3rd viable party but we have to be honest and realize the way this Republican party moves a 3rd viable party would only benefit them right now

I’ve been struggling to figure out why the GOP is digging in so hard. The simple explanation is individual lawmakers are afraid of primary challenges by Trump-backed opponents. But now I’m thinking this could be even worse longterm. What if the GOP has looked at the map and demographic shift in the country and is looking to use this sham to push even further voter suppression. This is dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom