***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Dems better do what NEEDS done if they are in position to: eliminate the filibuster, pass a large stimulus bill, get Covid under control, and expand the courts. then win big in 2022 and 2024

there's no point in waiting around to see what new atrocities the Trump Court will unleash. they have already showed us who they are and what they are willing to do. SCOTUS today routinely accepts arguments that would have been dismissed as completely ridiculous a decade ago. and the degradation continues

SCOTUS is only the tip of the iceberg. it would also need to be coupled with lower court reform so it is all encompassing. the number of federal judicial positions McConnell intentionally would not let Obama fill allowed Trump and McConnell to PACK the courts with Federalist Society hacks. we haven't been wronged once (Garland), we've been wronged every time the GOP nominated in bad faith a lunatic extremist to the court

At best - AT THE VERY BEST - this was a man receiving an extrajudicial execution with no chance for due process as his citizenship is supposed to afford him. At worst it was a retaliation killing by the state in retribution for a private citizen being shot and killed. Without a doubt: This is state-sponsored terrorism, if Trump's words are accurate as to how this played out. I'm no advocate for Reinholt, but the details as to what happened the night he shot Jay will never be solved, and this will forever look like the state murdered him in cold blood. And Trump is proudly displaying his authority to order this in front of the nation.

I really hope everyone sees what's possible under another term of Trump. He's claiming to have ordered the murder of a man, without trial or due process. This is one step removed from a Kent State response to protesters across the nation. This is Trump's moment he shot a man and got away with it. In the words of a garbage troll, yikes.

Yes, if you wouldn’t answer questions about your religious views and how they would play into you doing your job (which you probably have never been asked) then that wouldn’t have an impact on a call-back, from me.

Have you ever had an interview where they asked how your personal religious views would impact your performance on the job?
Her role is to determine how people should behave in society (that's what laws are), and personal beliefs do have a lot of influence on how one thinks about behavior (their own and other people's).

What do you guys even study in law school? No philosophy? No sociology? No psychology?

Her role is to determine how people should behave in society (that's what laws are), and personal beliefs do have a lot of influence on how one thinks about behavior (their own and other people's).

What do you guys even study in law school? No philosophy? No sociology? No psychology?

I think you may be confusing the branches of government.

The legislative power, in the US, is in the Congress. That means Congress makes new laws and changes existing law.

Courts, like the Supreme Court, interpret these laws. So her role is interpret. And she has stated, under oath, that she is not hostile towards the ACA and that she will not allow her personal views to prevent her from applying the law to a particular set of facts.

Tons of judges do so. And the point of the lifetime appointments is to remove the politicization. She doesn’t have to run for office or rule a certain way to keep her base, etc.

I understand if you don’t think she will do what she said she would. But surely that isn’t the standard.

Economics, theater, psychology, business are the most popular majors in regard to those going to law school. My wife, who is a damn good lawyer, well regarded, studied psychology. She went to Wake Forest, undergrad.

The President Of The United States has said that the people dying from this virus do not matter, but if you do not vote him back into office? You white suburban women will regret it. Please?!

Of course delk supports due process. It’s just that he supports more money in his check, by any means, more. :lol:

Delk: I support due process

Also Delk: I support a president that routinely advocates that we ignore due process when it comes to his political opponents.

Also Delk: Migrant families who are victimized at the border aren't owed due process because they're not US citizens

His whole due process shtick has always been nothing more than a talking point that he uses to defend his ideological peers from well founded accusations of criminality

pjc1w7dmEcgV6sQn7MzEW-t3cB_eXnePzl8bImL0R_s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom