***Official Political Discussion Thread***

A far right Black Republican is in this thread defending Trump’s obvious decision not to denounce white supremacists when given then opportunity to while facing the nation. :lol: 2020 is brazy.

Not defending it at all. I’m saying if the reading is as you take it, then I no longer support him.

Do you think my interpretation of the exchange was a fair one?

Are you kidding me? With what he said about diversity training as well? Really? You outta be ashamed of yourself man.

You don’t think that’s a fair description of the exchange? Like I said I will no longer support him if he was attempting to tell the proud boys to prepare for battle. But based on his past statements, the “sure” and nature of the exchange I think that’s a fair reading.

I don’t think diversity training, specifically, was the issue. But I already said my stance on that. His decision is idiotic. I think you are confusing me with another poster that said removal of those programs is actually a good thing.

yeah this is definitely going to turn into the "very fine people on both sides" debate when it was unequivocally clear what he said.

Not defending it at all. I’m saying if the reading is as you take it, then I no longer support him.

Do you think my interpretation of the exchange was a fair one?
Most of America is taking it as I’m taking it. He had a clear opportunity with the world watching on live TV to denounce white supremacists. He chose not to. Period. He also asked the Proud Boys to stand down and stand by. He also encouraged his base to go and poll watch. This was all to embolden racists.

Will you continue to support a man who emboldens a fringe racist group on national tv with the entire world watching?

yeah this is definitely going to turn into the "very fine people on both sides" debate when it was unequivocally clear what he said.

And in that debate he clarified and made clear that he denounced white supremacy, like the next day.

He needs to again clear any ambiguity to extinguish the talking point.

Most of America is taking it as I’m taking it. He had a clear opportunity with the world watching on live TV to denounce white supremacists. He chose not to. Period. He also asked the Proud Boys to stand down and stand by. He also encouraged his base to go and poll watch. This was all to embolden racists.

Will you continue to support a man who emboldens a fringe racist group on national tv with the entire world watching?

He also said diversity training was racist so its not like this was the only atrocious thing that came out of his mouth last night. Delk is just looking for ways to comfort the fact that he is a ****** human being who doesn't give a **** about anyone else. End of story.

Last edited:
You don’t think that’s a fair description of the exchange? Like I said I will no longer support him if he was attempting to tell the proud boys to prepare for battle. But based on his past statements, the “sure” and nature of the exchange I think that’s a fair reading.

I don’t think diversity training, specifically, was the issue. But I already said my stance on that. His decision is idiotic. I think you are confusing me with another poster that said removal of those programs is actually a good thing.
He clearly stated that discussing America’s racist origins was an attempt to destroy this country. That coupled with the proud boys comment should be enough for anyone, especially considering the source and his history outside of the white house.

If he is intentionally doing that, no. I’ve already said that.

But the mere emboldening of racists can’t be dispositive. President Obama’s mere presence probably emboldened racists. But he certainly wasn’t intending to.

Trump has continuously, unequivocally, condemned white supremacy.

And in that debate he clarified and made clear that he denounced white supremacy, like the next day.

How many times does this need to happen on camera for you? 5? 10? 20? He was very deliberate about what he said in the moment and now you want to white wash that with some forced statement from his PR people. Incredible.

There was no ambiguity in his statement. He said what he ******* said. The only ambiguity is how you are choosing to interpret it.

Proud Boys stand by
Diversity training is racist
They are coming for your suburbs
Kung flu
Poll watchers

Like you came out of that debate where he espoused racist **** all night long and this is the hill in which you choose to die on?

There’s no ambiguity to be cleared. We have decades of articles, court cases, anecdotes from those who know and worked with him that tell us who this man is. YOU need him to release some half hearted statement to make yourself feel better at night. The American people know who he is.

We been trying to tell you man :lol:. This is who he is.
Yeah he's crafted this image of himself he's probably been dreaming up since he was a kid. That passable black guy that can move through a white world, espousing their values, thinking he can still somehow maintain some blackness, but as you can see it's a delusion that goes too far. Only a life lesson will adjust someone like that.

Actually even then, not really, he's excused a lot of ******* to get to this point.

If he is intentionally doing that, no. I’ve already said that.

But the mere emboldening of racists can’t be dispositive. President Obama’s mere presence probably emboldened racists. But he certainly wasn’t intending to.

Trump has continuously, unequivocally, condemned white supremacy.
So your response is a technicality that Obama’s existence as a Black man emboldened racists :lol:.There’s really no hope for you. Donald Trump willful, with a brazen disregard for the effect at worst, or a desire for violence inflicted, instructed a white supremacist group to stand down and stand by as the world was watching. After foregoing the opportunity to plainly denounce white supremacy with the world watching. You need to live with that. Defending this just makes you look more and more lost.

There’s no ambiguity to be cleared. We have decades of articles, court cases, anecdotes from those who know and worked with him that tell us who this man is. YOU need him to release some half hearted statement to make yourself feel better at night. The American people know who he is.

You can look at the pattern of statements made last night alone and realize there was a very intentional pattern of what happened coupled with the very specific, unambiguous racist statements.

But im sure this conversation if going to keep divulging into semantics and whataboutisms like it typically does because one person refuses to hear and see what we all saw on tape and transcript: A very specific statement that a hate group is now using as a call for arms.

Wallace gave him a softball question and he couldn't even do it.

Last edited:
I thought that he said “sure.” Thanks for posting that transcript, I think it is helpful to understand the exchange.

I think a fair reading of the exchange is that he agreed to denounce white supremacy by saying “sure.” And CW asked if he was willing to ask them to “stand down.” To show that he had no issue doing it he asked what group do you want me to denounce? Biden said proud boys. And he said okay Proud boys and in an attempt to say stand down (as CW said) he mistakenly said “stand back and stand by” in an attempt to use the exact words CW said earlier.

Obviously what he actually said is problematic. But I think that is a fair reading. Especially considering the exchange live. The fact that he has continuously condemned white supremacy and recently wrote an EO on the KKK is also telling.

Hopefully he will come out and clarify his stance. If he was intentionally suggesting that the Proud Boys should prepare for battle that is indefensible and I would not be able to continue to support him—period.

But I think the reading I described above is likely what happened based on the transcript.
You see it here for yourself folks. Another Cameron type. Anything to win the approval of the white man.

dwalk31 dwalk31 , it’s pretty clear this dude is calling for some sort of uprising if he loses, and the target will be those who are fighting against injustice. Clearly, he is encouraging confrontation, and whatever financial gains you’d receive under this sort of administration, would be a moot point of that confrontation were to begin to happen in states around the country.

Trump Has Condemned White Supremacists

if he did it in 2017, why wouldn't he unequivocally do it last night? "sure i'm willing to do that but..."

but hey, keep supporting the dude encouraging white supremacists to intimidate your black wife when she goes to vote.

Capture.JPG

I see the bots were working overtime last night

if he did it in 2017, why wouldn't he unequivocally do it last night? "sure i'm willing to do that but..."

but hey, keep supporting the dude encouraging white supremacists to intimidate your black wife when she goes to vote.

"sure i am willing to do that but........"

"proud boys standback and standby but ill tell you what someone has to do something about antifa and the left"

That transcript is ****. Saying sure followed by but isn't denouncing it.

So your response is a technicality that Obama’s existence as a Black man emboldened racists :lol:.There’s really no hope for you. Donald Trump willful, with a brazen disregard for the effect at worst, or a desire for violence inflicted, instructed a white supremacist group to stand down and stand by as the world was watching. After foregoing the opportunity to plainly denounce white supremacy with the world watching. You need to live with that. Defending this just makes you look more and more lost.

You are ignoring that he has repeatedly denounced them.

The only reason I mentioned President Obama was to highlight a flaw in your argument.

dwalk31 dwalk31 , it’s pretty clear this dude is calling for some sort of uprising if he loses, and the target will be those who are fighting against injustice. Clearly, he is encouraging confrontation, and whatever financial gains you’d receive under this sort of administration, would be a moot point of that confrontation were to begin to happen in states around the country.

Whether he’s calling for it or not, he is CLEARLY stoking it, as evidenced by the Proud Boys touting the s/o.

Biden brought up the proud boys and Trump’s response was exactly what was needed for the talking point.

Back
Top Bottom