***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Condemning racism but repeatedly doing and saying racist things still makes you racist. But you know that.

I agree. That's why I stated that, depending on your political leaning, you will focus on certain acts/statements that have a tendency to fit whatever narrative you choose.

I agree. That's why I stated that, depending on your political leaning, you will focus on certain acts/statements that have a tendency to fit whatever narrative you choose.

What's hilarious, my political leaning is moderate

I'm not American, so i got zero loyalty to either party.. BUT until the 2nd bush president, republicans were far better for my country

But now the stupidity pushed by republicans to win at all cost, is just terrible for the world

Were there not white supremacist on 1 side?!?

Cause your boy said: "you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides," Trump said.

There were people who did not identify as white supremacist who stated they were there to support the confederate flag/statues. These people state they don't want to "destroy history." Personally, I disagree with the flag and statues. And I think it is ignorant to think these items need to remain in place to preserve history. I think of it as a symbol of bigotry, hatred, racism, and slavery. That said, in the south, many of the sons of the confederate veterans take pride in it because their family fought in the war. I have actually seen a black son of the confederate veterans member. We had a very lengthy discussion because I couldn't wrap my mind around why he would support something with such a dark past. The point is that you can support that flag and statues, and not be a raging white supremacist like many were in charlottesville. You could take very fine people as those who were willing to peacefully protest their opinion as it relates to the flag/statues. A viewpoint I wholeheartedly disagree with.

You could also interpret Trump's statement as the people protesting the white supremacists were "very fine people." But that doesn't fit your narrative.

Politics has nothing do with calling a racist out. That makes zero sense.

You can condemn and say you're against racism but your actions can prove otherwise.

In Trumps case- His real estate company tried to avoid renting to black people, calling for the death penalty on the central park five, calling Mexican immigrants criminals and rapists, the whole birther movement, he has retweeted white nationalists, pardoning Joe Arpaio the list goes on. These are actions. I don't give a damn about what he said.

All this to defend a racist senile white guy. Who has decades of acts and remarks to show that he's racist. :lol:

Wasn’t there a gay politician that was against gay marriage but actually turned out to be gay?

So you can be one way in private and another in public?

There were people who did not identify as white supremacist who stated they were there to support the confederate flag/statues.

Not making those people any better

Especially when you say:
And I think it is ignorant to think these items need to remain in place to preserve history. I think of it as a symbol of bigotry, hatred, racism, and slavery.

in the south, many of the sons of the confederate veterans take pride in it because their family fought in the war.

Many racist and white supremacist are proud of their families history of those deplorable actions

I'm sure if David duke could find proof of his family members being somehow connected to hitler, he'd be elated.. hell im sure he'd brag if he was able to track down his family's history of being able to call other human beings property

But hey, good for you that you're not only able to live with but defend these POSs.. me however, I'm good on BS excuses

Politics has nothing do with calling a racist out. That makes zero sense.

You can condemn and say you're against racism but your actions can prove otherwise.

In Trumps case- His real estate company tried to avoid renting to black people, calling for the death penalty on the central park five, calling Mexican immigrants criminals and rapists, the whole birther movement, he has retweeted white nationalists, pardoning Joe Arpaio the list goes on. These are actions. I don't give a damn about what he said.

And you could look at the actions of the first step act, the commutation of Alice Johnson's sentence, the pardon of Jack Johnson, and having Jared Kushner as a valued adviser and son-in-law, the list goes on. Those are actions. Again, reasonable people can agree to disagree. I don't know Trump personally. He could very well be a racist. He could also not be a racist.

Not making those people any better

Especially when you say:

Many racist and white supremacist are proud of their families history of those deplorable actions

I'm sure if David duke could find proof of his family members being somehow connected to hitler, he'd be elated.. hell im sure he'd brag if he was able to track down his family's history of being able to call other human beings property

But hey, good for you that you're not only able to live with but defend these POSs.. me however, I'm good on BS excuses

I have the ability to simultaneously disagree with someone's premise and still respect the fact that they strongly believe it. Even if ignorant, it can come from a less-than-racist place. You can disagree, that's fine. You say you are not american. I grew up in the south. I was attempting to provide a perspective that you might not have as you may have never seen it.

And you could look at the actions of the first step act, the commutation of Alice Johnson's sentence, the pardon of Jack Johnson, and having Jared Kushner as a valued adviser and son-in-law, the list goes on. Those are actions. Again, reasonable people can agree to disagree. I don't know Trump personally. He could very well be a racist. He could also not be a racist.

Doing non racist things does not absolve you of the racist things you have done. Jesus Christ.

Type of dude to tell Harriet that not all slave masters were awful so let's give master a chance.

Doing non racist things does not absolve you of the racist things you have done. Jesus Christ.

Good thing I did not say that it does. I thought we were pointing to things that have a tendency to show one way or the other. I don't know whether Trump is a racist or not. It appears you do. I respect your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom