***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The tax cut isn’t the unpopular part, it’s the GOP wanting to raise the lowest personal income tax rate from 10% to 12%,eliminating the personal exemption, and head of household filing status, which that status is beneficial for single parents or caregivers.

Why should the poor and middle class be penalized?

unpopular with who? :lol:
Most people...

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...rates-on-corporations-high-household-incomes/

FT_17.09.27_incomeTaxes_corporations.png

FT_17.09.27_incomeTaxes_party.png

And I would assume the 25% of families getting a tax hike won't be happy knowing that it is to give corporations and the super rich another tax break.

Republicans promised for 7 years to repeal and replace, were given control of both houses and the presidency, and couldn't get it done.

So Trump takes it upon himself to end subsidies and destabilize a healthcare market for thousands of people.

This is what I mean when I say your relationship with reality is tenuous at best.

unpopular with who? :lol:

with the millions of middle class Americans who will get a tax hike to finance the corporate rate cut and the cuts for the super rich.

Middle class gets a tax cut in the first year that dwindles every year until it turns into a tax hike that is permanent, while the cuts for the 1% and corporations stay low. This will be massivley unpopular and will only excellrate republican losses in popularity among suburban whites.

Regardless of what you think about the merits of low corporate tax rates, and tax cuts for the ultra wealthy, the polling is very clear on this; there is no popular constituency for these policies in America.

So republicans, if by some miracle, mange to pass this stuff, they better hope the magical compound growth effects, their donor class have been talking about are real, and kick in FAST.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...rump-johnstown-pennsylvania-supporters-215800

Some of the later-in-life blue-collar workers who are still here can be loath to learn new trades. “We’ve heard when working with some of the miners that they are reluctant because they’re very accustomed to the mining industry,” said Linda Thomson, the president of JARI, a nonprofit economic development agency in Johnstown that provides precisely the kind of retraining, supported by a combination of private, state and federal funding, that could prepare somebody for a job in Polacek’s plant. “They really do want to go back into the mines. So we’ve seen resistance to some retraining.”

Let's keep blaming minorities and immigrants though :lol: Coal Gang for life?

I love this thinking, the fact is republicans really believe this.

We need to pass a massivley unpopular tax cut to get gain credibility to pass and massively unpopular healthcare plan. :lol:

It's truly amazing, thye don't seem to realize they are walking into a buzzsaw.

Hustling backwards mentality at its finest. They like it I love it!!

Yep, it's an easy target and easy to follow, so it has to be the problem, right?

Yup :lol:

I work in the ag industry. A lot of our clients are California farmers who are complaining about Mexican workers being scared off by Trump's rhetoric; apparently the thousands of supposedly poor and unemployed Trump supporters don't wan't to step in and take these jobs that are paying $15-20 per hour.

Shocking :rolleyes

Yup :lol:

I work in the ag industry. A lot of our clients are California farmers who are complaining about Mexican workers being scared off by Trump's rhetoric; apparently the thousands of supposedly poor and unemployed Trump supporters don't wan't to step in and take these jobs that are paying $15-20 per hour.

Shocking :rolleyes

I also hear there's a wall that needs to be built, let's see these "down on their luck" Americans line up for those jobs...

Back
Top Bottom