***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It would still be bad if Pence were President, but at this point I'm too worried about Trump destroying international ties that we rely on (on top of already destroying this country). Pence at least seems like a composed person that wouldn't spark a global conflict because of sending threats via Twitter. Anyone other than this lunatic is a better option; that's how low we've stooped :smh:
Nah man, they're investigating the Trump campaign. Pence was part of the campaign, he'll be out the paint too. The path to the presidency is going to be free and clear for Paul Ryan.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Pence is a god awful human being and a biblethumper of the highest degree, but he's not a total moron and carries himself in a very composed manner.

I hate everything that man stands for but I will say he speaks like a president and acts like a president. And I think he is capable of being president. I wouldn't be worrying about him destroying international relations, shooting himself in the foot repeatedly, ...

NATO officials and European leaders have been overwhelmingly positive about him and Mattis so he probably still has some goodwill amongst US allies.

Last edited:
Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence an ongoing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.  

@BeschlossDC:
The first Article of Impeachment against Nixon was obstruction of justice.

:nerd:

Next years midterms are looking like they'll most likely revolve around the issue of impeachment...

Last edited:

Intelligence agencies working hand in hand with the media. Trump's political agenda is done. Republicans will have no choice but to impeach or their entire party will collapse. Trump winning the US Presidency may actually be a good thing cause it exposes exactly who the Republicans truly are! :lol:

Drip drip drip.

It's the optimist in me....but this is exactly why Obama didn't say a word about the Russian investigation etc during the campaign. If Hillary won....cool.

If Trump won....Obama knew the GOP and Trump were compromised....and hedged his bets on them siding with Trump and being on the wrong side of history. The effects to the GOP could be devastating if things keep leaking and progressing as they do.

This all won't be overnight....I think Trump will last almost the entire term. But it will all come out sooner or later.

This could be a devastating blow to the entire Republican Parties entire future. Bigger picture here.

---> @KenDilanianNBC just reported that Comey "plans to go public" about the memos he kept from his meetings with Trump.
— Caroline O. (@RVAwonk) May 16, 2017
Soon. 

fu4XA3vUl4Tfi.gif

Repubs aren't gonna get behind impeachment.
Party > people

If the party is threatened they'll sacrifice anyone.

They'll still control congress, and the line of succession right now should be all republicans so they'll take that L if they need to.

Intelligence agencies working hand in hand with the media. Trump's political agenda is done. Republicans will have no choice but to impeach or their entire party will collapse. Trump winning the US Presidency may actually be a good thing cause it exposes exactly who the Republicans truly are! :lol:

Drip drip drip.

It's the optimist in me....but this is exactly why Obama didn't say a word about the Russian investigation etc during the campaign. If Hillary won....cool.

If Trump won....Obama knew the GOP and Trump were compromised....and hedged his bets on them siding with Trump and being on the wrong side of history. The effects to the GOP could be devastating if things keep leaking and progressing as they do.

This all won't be overnight....I think Trump will last almost the entire term. But it will all come out sooner or later.

This could be a devastating blow to the entire Republican Parties entire future. Bigger picture here.

That asymmetrical warfare :smokin

This is exactly the kind of fight Der Pumpkinfuhrer asked for with the IC though when he declared war on them like a dunce just weeks in to the job :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom