***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I think Le Pen still has a shot at winning, can't rule out anything nowadays.

Macron definitely performed better in the debate though. Le Pen is a good campaigner but in this debate she spent most of her time attacking her opponent than elaborating on her policies. The French debates are normally a lot more about policy rather than a mud slinging contest.

Respectfully,I don't tbh :lol:,she hasn't expanded her base at all since the 1st round while every other major candidate (including the mainstream right) outside of the far left have all co-signed Macron and told their supporters to vote for him regardless of partisanship for the sake of the republic. It would be a much bigger upset than Trump if she won.

Her vision of the country legit mostly involves a specific sect of the population which won't be nearly enough to win the country,she hasn't made the gains over the last week she'd have needed to really have a shot.

Barring an unforeseen and major terror attack to stoke and fan the flames of fear (Le Pens main bread and butter) between now and Sunday,Macron's a pretty safe bet IMO

Last edited:
Do you guys think the country is dumb enough to give Trump a second term?

Do you guys think the country is dumb enough to give Trump a second term?
Republicans, yes. As for everyone else, I reckon Trump's incompetence is doing a pretty good job at revitalizing voters amongst the left and/or swing voters.

Last edited:
We're prob stuck with Trump for 8 years. Dems are too weak and don't have a candidate that can beat Trump. Sucks

We're prob stuck with Trump for 8 years. Dems are too weak and don't have a candidate that can beat Trump. Sucks

This time around in '05,no one in their right minds would've predicted that a junior senator from Illinois would become the Dem nominee and eventual president..

I'm not saying there's another Obama waiting in the wings but I am saying that it's WAY too early to make any prognostications about 2020 and the candidates given just how wide open it'll be on the Dem side and how far out it is :lol:

If Trump continues gutting institutions and safeguards meant to protect the people and moving forward with an unpopular agenda,I don't even think you'll need an Obama type figure to win back power :lol:

Last edited:
The problem is not that the Dems have to convince most American Trump is bad. Hillary did that, most high profile Dems could get more votes in a general election,

Dems have to convince middle aged white men that can't come to terms with the fact that American has fundamentally changed since they were young. And that keeping out Mexican and Muslims will not change it back, and their high paying union job probably got stolen my a machine, it was not just shipped overseas.

This time around in '05,no one in their right minds would've predicted that a junior senator from Illinois would become the Dem nominee and eventual president..

I'm not saying there's another Obama waiting in the wings but I am saying that it's WAY too early to make any prognostications about 2020 and the candidates given just how wide open it'll be on the Dem side and how far out it is :lol:

If Trump continues gutting institutions meant to protect the people and moving forward with a tremendously unpopular agenda,I don't even think you'll need an Obama type figure to win back power :lol:
I just hope the dems don't force Cory Booker down our throats.

If Trump continues gutting institutions meant to protect the people and moving forward with a tremendously unpopular agenda,I don't even think you'll need an Obama type figure to win back power :lol:
I just hope the dems don't force Cory Booker down our throats.

Brah the Dem don't force anyone down anyone's throat.

The 2020 is gonna be a huge field. Probably 10 plus people, some from nontraditional backgrounds. If Booker wins, then he deserves to be the nominee.

Last edited:
Rape is gonna be considered a preexisting condition???
sick.gif

"Identity politics" = "anyone who's not a straight white male".

repped.

Identity politics seems to only be related to minorities to people on the right and left who harp on that now. Like republicans haven't been indulging in Identity politics of their own for white people for decades.

Did you all hear about what's going on in Germany with their military? The defense minister is holding close door meetings with German generals to address the fact that far right extremists may be operating within it. They found out that one of the soldiers has been receiving welfare payments and was planning an attack under a Syrian identity to further radicalize public opinion against refugees.

"Identity politics" = "anyone who's not a straight white male".

repped.

Identity politics seems to only be related to minorities to people on the right and left who harp on that now. Like republicans haven't been indulging in Identity politics of their own for white people for decades.

Did you all hear about what's going on in Germany with their military? The defense minister is holding close door meetings with German generals to address the fact that far right extremists may be operating within it. They found out that one of the soldiers has been receiving welfare payments and was planning an attack under a Syrian identity to further radicalize public opinion against refugees.

Read about that yesterday,scary stuff :smh:

FP had a good piece on the issue yesterday

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/05/01...-nazi-problem-extremism-right-wing-terrorism/

Their defense minister sounds like a boss though,she straight up called out the military leadership for being weak on this :lol:

Last edited:
pro-health reform talking points with media, and the New York Times ran an explainer on the ways in which health insurers treated women as if they were just one giant pre-existing condition.

The AHCA initially retained the ACA’s ban on discrimination against people with pre-existing conditions. But an amendment to the AHCA bill offered last week by New Jersey Congressman Tom MacArthur and North Carolina Congressman Mark Meadows would make it easier for health insurers to deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

Hold up. What?
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...eform-will-make-sexual-assault-survivors-sick

Last edited:
@DavidWright_CNN
Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy to @DanaBashCNN: "We're not taking a benefit away. Nobody on Medicaid is going to be taken away."

The shameless lying might work right now but.

The L is coming...there will be a reckoning for all of this.

I really don't understand why they're willing to dig their own graves with this.

classic "march of folly."

you have have been mired in a conflict so long that you lose sight of the actual goal,

instead you chase petty, meaningless wins to your ruin.

Back
Top Bottom