***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Why are my people involving themselves in this buffoonery. :smh: :lol:

They really playing slave dress up to allow this man to play make believe

:lol:

I did drop 45 minutes of video, mostly so I could get to a punch line about pudding.

To be fair to the middle video, the black guy in it, Micheal Twitty, is a real one. If you have the time, you should watch the video because he does explain how much of southern food and American food, in general, is a product of the horrors of slavery and the genius of enslaved people. This is a relatively short video with Twitty collaborating with another youtube series. There are longer videos of Twitty talking at length about the intersection of food and American history and I hope that his work in academic and living history might just get a few Paul Deen sort of white folks woke.

For younger white people, hip hop, seakers and basketball can act as a an overture to humanize people of color and maybe get you more and more aware of their struggles and your privilege
. Older white folks love BBQ and living history so hopefully people like Twitty can humanize blacks folks in a way that articles and academic literature never could.

Sorry to disappoint you, but many in this generation of sneaker hoarders have no clue about the relationship between black culture, basketball, hip hop, and sneakers. They've really bought into the myth that MJ started it all. Tell them Puma, and they'll think Rihanna instead of Clyde or Suede. They've been lost in the sneaker marketing sauce.

no one said anything about affordability.

if you paid attention to da cafe laws (like i elaborated on months ago)you would've known that it punitively punishes companies who's average MPG dips below a certain number that Obama & co. at da epa were ratcheting up, which would've basically brought da current muscle era down to a screeching halt.

da cafe laws being relaxed ensures da current era continues undisturbed, and companies can make whatever vehicles they want to please da consumer demand.

I think that we need to reduce carbon emissions.

At the same time, I do get where you're coming from.

I personally would tax vehicles that have very low mileage but I would not out right ban them. You should have to pay a surcharge for driving an above average carbon producing vehicle. That way, if you really have a passion for pickup trucks or muscle cars,

there's already a surcharge, its called da gas guzzler tax.

At first I thought you was just joking that you really have to wait to buy a car just because of a gold chain, but you are really serious :rofl:

roll.gif

just stop. 

At first I thought you was just joking that you really have to wait to buy a car just because of a gold chain, but you are really serious

my cuban is around $15k, and gold aint getting any cheaper, besides i wasn't joking on da Jacob jesus & that was basically 15k.

Last edited:
Why are my people involving themselves in this buffoonery. :smh: :lol:

They really playing slave dress up to allow this man to play make believe

:lol:

I did drop 45 minutes of video, mostly so I could get to a punch line about pudding.

To be fair to the middle video, the black guy in it, Micheal Twitty, is a real one. If you have the time, you should watch the video because he does explain how much of southern food and American food, in general, is a product of the horrors of slavery and the genius of enslaved people. This is a relatively short video with Twitty collaborating with another youtube series. There are longer videos of Twitty talking at length about the intersection of food and American history and I hope that his work in academic and living history might just get a few Paul Deen sort of white folks woke.

For younger white people, hip hop, seakers and basketball can act as a an overture to humanize people of color and maybe get you more and more aware of their struggles and your privilege. Older white folks love BBQ and living history so hopefully people like Twitty can humanize blacks folks in a way that articles and academic literature never could.

Actually I watched half of the video and found it kinda interesting and even though I shook my head at the dress up, dude was not dressed like a slave.

So in my curiosity I click through to get to the YouTube channel, and the first video I see is this.....

:smh: :lol:

I have not watched this in its entirety yet, but this sista needs to get her *** out that costume.

i'm all for clowning where clowning is due but dude lives in a city where you don't even need a car. if you have to choose between the two, buying gold does make more economical sense than buying a vehicle that will depreciate rapidly.

Actually I watched half of the video and found it kinda interesting and even though I shook my head at the dress up, dude was not dressed like a slave.

So in my curiosity I click through to get to the YouTube channel, and the first video I see is this.....

:smh: :lol:

I have not watched this in its entirety yet, but this sista needs to get her *** out that costume.

oh yeah, that video is on on that Paula Deen wedding level of foolishness.

I do think it is important for people, especially white people, to realize that slavery in America was not just about agriculture and most enslaved people were not whipped or kept in chain all day. THis is not to soften the horror of slavery but rather to see how similar it is is to our current legal and economic systems.

If we think of slavery as a series of agrrarian concentration and work camps, we can see hey, we liberated those camps so stop complaining." When you see that enslaved people were largely controlled by the constant threat of violence, the specter of forced family separation, white citizens working as deputies and that their labor was extracted largely through bogus and unequal contracts, you can better see how slavery reverberates to our current social and economic order.

i'm all for clowning where clowning is due but dude lives in a city where you don't even need a car. if you have to choose between the two, buying gold does make more economical sense than buying a vehicle that will depreciate rapidly.

someone's using their noggin.

Neither item is primarily viewed as an investment for him. He wants them to act hoodrich

Even if they were, he is choosing to invest in gold in the most inefficient way possible

Ron Paul is on YouTube yelling at folk to buy gold, but the words "Cop da Cuban" don't come out his mouth

Last edited:
The chain isn't an investment. He's not planning for his retirement.

It's a fashion statement. An accessory to go along with his kicks and musket. 

The chain isn't an investment. He's not planning for his retirement.
It's a fashion statement. An accessory to go along with his kicks and musket. 

still doesn't negate da fact that im not gonna lose money buying da cuban vs taking a depreciation hit on a whip, which is dunsel in NYC.

You gonna carry a weapon when you wear 30k around your neck when you rock your Cuban and Jesus?

If someone is incessantly bragging about their "wealth" and continually looks down on the less fortunate such as fastfood workers, welfare, the disabled, ...  it's only natural for there to be some clowning. Especially when there isn't really anything to back up said bragging. To then bring up the jesus piece as some sort of trophy to justify that attitude is at best laughable. I made more than that in 2016 off selling social media usernames 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom