***Official Political Discussion Thread***

There is not two schools of thought. An economist made a simple statement that you tried to argue against because you are too ignorant to notice your ignorance.

c'mon b [emoji]128530[/emoji]

even Bernie Sanders in his condemnation of da TPP shot down these points in da video.

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS BEING SAID IN THE VIDEO. THIS IS BASIC ECONOMICS BEING TAUGHT IN THE VIDEO

Bernie Sanders didn't condemn what is being said in the video, he criticized our trade current policy, not basic economic theory.

Economics policy, especially trade policy take what being said in the video say generally true. They are basic of international trade.

Being protectionist about a certain industry doesn't change the fact that a foreign country might be able to make the same good more efficiently/cheaper. It could be that way for many reason.

It is just that you shape the laws in your country to protect a certain industry. The rub in consumers pay more for the product being produced that they would have otherwise.

Like I said, you are too ignorant on economics to realize how silly your argument is. Geez

Last edited:
There is not two schools of thought. An economist made a simple statement that you tried to argue against because you are too ignorant to notice your ignorance.

even Bernie Sanders in his condemnation of da TPP shot down these points in da video.

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS BEING SAID IN THE VIDEO. THIS IS BASIC ECONOMICS BEING TAUGHT IN THE VIDEO

and United was within their right to drag ol' boy off that plane.

what's good on paper doesn't factor in unintended consequences *cough* like IDK...

da USA losing giant swaths of industry for cheap foreign labor or industries which sre being unfairly subsidized by other governments to place USA goods at a uncompetitive advantage? :lol:

Bernie Sanders didn't condemn what is being said in the video, he criticized our trade current policy, not basic economic theory.

Economics policy, especially trade policy take what being said in the video say generally true. They are basic of international trade.

Being protectionist about a certain industry doesn't change the fact that a foreign country might be able to make the same good more efficiently/cheaper. It could be that way for many reason.

It is just that you shape the laws in your country to protect a certain industry. The rub in consumers pay more for the product being produced that they would have otherwise.

Like I said, you are too ignorant on economics to realize how silly your argument is. Geez

I now understand why you teach. This dude woulda been kicked out my classroom a looooong time ago. Type of cat to waste everybody else's time by raising his hand just to argue.

what's good on paper doesn't factor in unintended consequences *cough* like IDK...

da USA losing giant swaths of industry for cheap foreign labor or industries which sre being unfairly subsidized by other governments to place USA goods at a uncompetitive advantage? :lol:

It is like you ignorance is an impenetrable force field.

You are babbling on trying to deflect because you don't understand comparative advantage and free trade.

You clearly are not going to listen, so I will not waste my breath teaching you week one of Introductory Econ.

You are babbling on trying to deflect because you don't understand comparative advantage and free trade.

You clearly are not going to listen, so I will not waste my breath teaching you week one of Introductory Econ.

full

still no acknowledgement of clear winners and losers of free trading away our products and workforce ehh? :lol:

I now understand why you teach. This dude woulda been kicked out my classroom a looooong time ago. Type of cat to waste everybody else's time by raising his hand just to argue.

No student I teach is as hard headed as Ninja.

I have had some that want to turn it into a politics class (this is something you have to resist), but I teach very low level classes because to be honest I am not expert. I just grasp the fundamentals.

And this is where Ninja struggles and we butt heads, he doesn't grasp the fundamentals, and when it is pointed out to him, he will throw tantrums in an attempt to look smarter.

full

still no acknowledgement of clear winners and losers of free trading away our products and workforce ehh? :lol:

You can't even comprehend the basics, so you deflect on some other ****.

No one said there are not winners and losers in our trade deals. If you go look up some of my other post on trade, this is the foundation of my argument. That we didn't help the losers on our trade deals.

shout out to fanatics for saving these jobs purchasing Majestic's factory in Easton, PA after VF sold its shares & let Under Armour take da MLB license :smh:

Last edited:

He's not arguing to be right he's arguing to have his voice heard

You don't now basic economics so that lead you to go on a rant about a pretty innocuous comment, because it sounded like a Trump talking point.

SAD!

You don't now basic economics so that lead you to go on a rant about a pretty innocuous comment, because it sounded like a Trump talking point.

SAD!

u still talking like someone that forgot what happened to November 8th about folks not happy about losing their jobs to cheap foreign labor :lol:

Last edited:
BTW, about our trade deals hurting the America work force, maybe you should tell that to your Papi, he is about to sell them out to get rid of NK

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/11/world/asia/trump-china-trade-north-korea.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — President Trump, frustrated by China’s inaction on North Korea, opened the door on Tuesday to concessions on his trade agenda with Beijing in exchange for greater Chinese support in pressuring Pyongyang. In doing so, he lashed together two sharply different issues in an already complex relationship.

“I explained to the President of China that a trade deal with the U.S. will be far better for them if they solve the North Korean problem!” Mr. Trump declared in a morning Twitter post. Minutes later, he warned: “North Korea is looking for trouble. If China decides to help, that would be great. If not, we will solve the problem without them! U.S.A.”

And he won't label China a currency manipulator after all. :lol: :lol:

Fufulini played you all.

SAD!

u still talking like someone that forgot what happened to November 8th about folks not happy about losing their jobs to cheap foreign labor :lol:

It is right there and you don't see it :lol:

When Rex comes in, ask him to explain comparative advantage and the basic of free trade to you. He has a PhD, much more knowledgeable than me, so you might listen to him.

The comment in the video was simple theory. You didn't understand it, so you chose to go on this long winded rant.

Last edited:

SAD!

It is right there and you don't see it :lol:

umm, no i clearly see da point your making, however da point im making is people would preferred to have a job then to have cheap products... if given a chance people would prefer to work and pay a lil more for something than to not work & be as awash in cheap **** from China or Bangladesh.

You clearly don't see the point, my point is that you don't understand a basic theory video and you are trying to cover up your ignorance with politics.

Like you always do when the discussion turns towards economics

You clearly don't see the point, my point is that you don't understand a basic theory video and you are trying to cover up your ignorance with politics.

Like you always do when the discussion turns towards economics

except im not talking about that, you're talking past me and haven't aknowledge whatsoever da detrimental effect of cheap foreign goods on da American worker who's livelyhood depends on making things, like that Jersey Factory in Easton, Pennsylvania.

you are aware we're in da political thread right? :lol:

if you're economic plans ruin a electorate..guess what happens to your office chances? :lol: i.e. Hillary in West Virginia.

Last edited:
Why should I acknowledge your deflection? Remember you quoted me and said a video I posted implied something it didn't.

When I corrected you, you started on this with political rant, and now you're demand I agree with it so you wouldn't have to face you were wrong about your original claim regarding the video. They even acknowledged some of the downsides of international trade.

I am not going to reward to petulance and ignorance. You are a grown man, do better.

Edit, my god you are dense, I re watched the video to see if I was missing something to see why you're so stuck up in things. They acknowledge damn near everything you are deflecting about:

They give a nice measured summary of the issue. My god dude :x :smh:

Last edited:
Thousands of people could be gravely disappointed when they attend the 139th annual White House Easter Egg Roll on Monday.

First of all, Melania Trump didn’t order the eggs in February like she was supposed to, The New York Times  reported. (The first lady typically plans this event.) The usual manufacturer even tweeted a reminder to her, but it went ignored until early March. And the White House only ordered 40,000 — less than half of the 85,000 ordered in 2016, Lara Kline, vice president for marketing and communications at the White House Historical Association, told the Times.

Instead of A-list artists like Justin Bieber and Ariana

Thousands of people could be gravely disappointed when they attend the 139th annual White House Easter Egg Roll on Monday.

First of all, Melania Trump didn’t order the eggs in February like she was supposed to, The New York Times  reported. (The first lady typically plans this event.) The usual manufacturer even tweeted a reminder to her, but it went ignored until early March. And the White House only ordered 40,000 — less than half of the 85,000 ordered in 2016, Lara Kline, vice president for marketing and communications at the White House Historical Association, told the Times.

Instead of A-list artists like Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande, who performed at previous Easter Egg Rolls, this year’s crowd (expected to be smaller than the previous 35,000, Melania’s new communications director told the Times) might be listening to a military band. And there may be a lot fewer volunteers on hand to guide the festivities due to gridlock finalizing appointments within the Trump administration.

Other deviations from the grand celebration of years past include:
  • Several area schools that usually receive a combined 4,000 tickets haven’t heard from the White House yet. While Melania’s communications director confirmed tickets had been set aside, she couldn’t say how many.
  • After receiving late notice of the event, PBS, which usually floods the Easter Egg Roll with characters, is only sending one.
  • No one told the White House yogi, who coordinated the Yoga Garden for all eight of President Barack Obama’s Easter Egg Rolls.
We have the same question as Esquire: Honestly, how do you **** up an Easter Egg Roll?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom