***Official Political Discussion Thread***

106828932-1611356814485-sabol.jpg

lot of white folks in this image/video too

I know Chinese Americans that would be thrilled by this law. They have lost many bidding wars looking for their first home bc Chinese (not Americans and lots of times people not even living in America) outbidding them with cash offers. Raising prices etc.

Need more info honestly

the issue would be that these sellers can't tell the difference between the two groups and use it to justify discrimination

the issue would be that these sellers can't tell the difference between the two groups and use it to justify discrimination
There's also the issue of households with mixed citizenship status. Does this law mean that a Chinese citizen married to an American can't buy or have their name on land/property? What about a Chinese citizen with permanent residency status (which allows people to do everything US citizens can do except voting and being politically active)?

Here's to hoping these other minorities take note.

There's also the issue of households with mixed citizenship status. Does this law mean that a Chinese citizen married to an American can't buy or have their name on land/property? What about a Chinese citizen with permanent residency status (which allows people to do everything US citizens can do except voting and being politically active)?

Here's to hoping these other minorities take note.
There are policy nuances but I feel this distracts from the real topic at hand.

Should a country we are in a cold war with -Chinese citizens be allowed to drive up pricing in the US when we US citizens are not allowed to purchase in US? If the answer is no, you go from there - housing supply is near century lows.

Last edited:
There are policy nuances but I feel this distracts from the real topic at hand.

Should a country we are in a cold war with -Chinese citizens be allowed to drive up pricing in the US when we US citizens are not allowed to purchase in US? If the answer is no, you go from there - housing supply is near century lows.
I don't think DeSantis is that concerned with what's happening between the US, China, and its other adversaries, especially when Florida is known to house a fairly influential and wealthy Russian community.

If the intention was to favor American buyers, the policy would've been worded with a focus on them.

Back
Top Bottom