***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I’m not sharing my votes. But I did support him twice.

I also supported President Obama twice.

And I supported the Dems flipping the Senate with the GA seats.

I’m okay with my support of Trump being indefensible. It was a mistake on my part. And I no longer support him.

But I did come in here, quite often, and state when his words and actions were indefensible.

Most people felt that I didn’t react strongly enough. But the idea that I didn’t speak against certain words and actions by Trump, during his presidency, is factually inaccurate.
Yeah, you dropped by to give a boiler plate response every time Trump said/did terrible ****. You want some kind of acknowledgement for doing basically nothing. This just comes across like you have to be right about something.

The ignorance that you are speaking of, points to a lacking of experience, not one of bad character. Your word choices allow Donald Trump the ability to be both victim and aggressor at the same time.

If he ran on the same platform again, would you support him?

As it stands, I plan to support President Biden and/or Vice President Harris if they run again in 2024.

I don’t have any plans to support a re-election campaign by Trump.

Bottom line. It’s truly amazing how so many people put all their hopes and dreams in ONE MAN. And if your from Jersey/NY/Connecticut you already knew what this piece of **** was about. How can a 70-something-year-old toddler have any idea of how people lived outside of Jamaica Estates growing up? Guaranteed this ************ NEVER came to the 40 side of things let alone small rural towns in the south and Midwest. 2 reasons why people voted for him. A) They thought he was gonna make them rich. B) He said **** in the open that people have been thinking about but not saying it overtly (this is the most common reason). How, just a fears ago before he was elected, he was never taken seriously as a candidate then all of the sudden people been rockin with him for years? This ************ pulled off one of the greatest con jobs in world history.

These stupid ************* like this Marjorie Taylor Greene, Josh Hawley, Gaetz, etc.......they’re not concerned about policy, they just want to retain Trumps base and ride that **** till the wheels fall off.

As it stands, I plan to support President Biden and/or Vice President Harris if they run again in 2024.

I don’t have any plans to support a re-election campaign by Trump.
How do you feel that Trump will go down in history? Right now, it seems as if he is attempting to give a rebirth to the Klan.

How do you feel that Trump will go down in history? Right now, it seems as if he is attempting to give a rebirth to the Klan.

I imagine many of the issues that have been discussed here will color how his presidency is viewed.

I doubt that it will be be viewed fondly.

I imagine many of the issues that have been discussed here will color how his presidency is viewed.

I doubt that it will be be viewed fondly.
How about by you? What do you have to say about Donald Trump, and what you've learned about who he is, and what he has given a voice to?

How about by you? What do you have to say about Donald Trump, and what you've learned about who he is, and what he has given a voice to?

I’ve told you I’m not playing this game. It’s essentially the same questions a bunch of different ways.

I don’t think history will look fondly on his presidency.

I no longer support Trump.

You’re asking questions like I do. I don’t.

Me when I found out that DWalk is Black:

giphy.gif

And it doesn’t wash off

I’ve told you I’m not playing this game. It’s essentially the same questions a bunch of different ways.

You don’t support trump ANYMORE AS PRESIDENT. Don’t forget that part. As you like to say, “words/context matter”.

I don’t even know what this means.

It means you spent 5 years dismissing everything awful he ever said so you could keep your wallet thicker only to stop supporting him because he lost.

You can’t even state what was so awful to lose your support.

I don’t even know what this means.
“I don’t support trump” doesn’t add the context to your statement. You stopped supporting trump as president when we all learned he would no longer be president. Don’t hide now. Don’t pretend like you never supported him at all.

You can also add the exact date and time you stopped supporting Trump as president if you’d like.

Spare a reply. Just do it

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/30/...ht-wing-domestic-terrorism.html?smid=tw-share
How Trump’s Focus on Antifa Distracted Attention From the Far-Right Threat
Federal law enforcement shifted resources last year in response to Donald Trump’s insistence that the radical left endangered the country. Meanwhile, right-wing extremism was building ominously.

Excerpts:
ce01aab41d76f3651fbc1058d83b8db5.png

e3be92a138fb0392fade998fffdef6f8.png

56488db2775759676dd59cdbf0fb6528.png

9b163115e5163b2e57b8d044bb87750e.png

d84c73235e4a4fd046394d439c85f624.png

ce45a54ac4b399bd474fa7c0b80357e4.png

5f1ac9b4b0b73910c6c8188c38a860a8.png

345197c501a4fe79c4740c089810483e.png

ec572ef111eaed33193ef8bee55972ac.png

e0b84ee9ae01f42247394f79ddb8c7ff.png

As it relates to racists being empowered to be proud and inciting violence, the fact that I’m from the south probably skews my perspective. White racists were proud, ignorant, and inciting violence long before Trump.

junglejim junglejim

You deleted the part of my post that said “I’ve been outspoken on my issue with Trump’s rhetoric. It has been dangerous.”

Surely that was just an accident.

“Vote the wrong way, and you are a jihadi. You thought you were an American citizen with rights and just a different view. No, you’re a jihadi. And we are going to treat you the way we treated those radicals after 9/11, the way we treated bin Laden. Get in line pal, this is a war on terror.”

So mistreating people based on their assumed ideological extremism is... bad now?

Rewind:

Hold them accountable:

I wouldn’t even know where to begin to show that I did speak on those issues. But, there’s no need to go that far back.
If you wanted to make an effort, you could search NT for your posts containing the word “Clinton” or “Hillary”, but I already checked to confirm that you never even uttered the phrase “due process” on here until Roy Moore. Every hero has an origin story.

I don’t know why you think that sputtering out a passionless, boilerplate defense of Biden’s due process at a time when Trump had no fewer than 26 allegations of sexual assault would read as genuine. You backed yourself into that corner. If you’d said nothing, you’d have been called a hypocrite.

Had your fervor for due process demonstrably predated your Trump support, that would lend you some credibility.

Unfortunately, you don’t have the post history of a criminal justice activist. You have the post history of a shameless Trump apologist. You can’t square that circle through revisionist history. Trump was never the criminal justice reform candidate. He never believed in due process. He’s always been vehemently racist. And yet, you supported him - and continued to support him - until he lost.

Now, you’re trying to cut your losses and define your “mistake” in the narrowest possible terms. This is where your security blanket of refusing to admit that you had the integrity to act in alignment with your stated beliefs comes back to bite you: if you define your “support” as the mistake, rather than your vote, isn’t everything you said and did in “support” of Donald Trump also a mistake? And yet, here you are continuing to defend that “support” in 2021.

Look what this man took from you due to your own cognitive dissonance. You adopted a ludicrous definition of racism just for him that you know is wrong - but you now cling to that definition out of stubborn pride.

Imagine spending the rest of your life unable to call something or someone racist unless there’s a video of them admitting that they’re racist because you wanted a tax break.

Couldn’t be me.

The Trump tax cuts cost this country $2.3 trillion.
If you ask me, they cost you even more.

:lol: Man on Twitter peddling the same nonsense.

It’s weird seeing him spell “the” correctly. He really thought he was bigger than NikeTalk, now look at him. Man’s like and retweet averages aren’t even in whole numbers.

How Delk thought he looked when he finally dumped Trump...

tumblr_nzxzytZoci1tbvyo3o9_r1_400.gifv
How he actually looked:

I think that you may be a bit jaded due to the tone, and the reaction that many have of your support of Trump over the years. What I am wondering is if you are pissed enough to suggest what you really think about this man, as this isn't a game. People such as yourself, lil' Wayne and others, supported this man who obviously only wanted your vote, not caring about promises made.

But since you seem to be indifferent, only suggesting that history will not look fondly, not dwalk31, then hey!

What can I say?!

The man used people like you, and you seem to not be disgusted.

I’m not sharing my votes. But I did support him twice.

I also supported President Obama twice.
Supporting a racist, xenophobic President and contrasting it with your Obama support doesn’t have the effect that you think. What exactly is it supposed to highlight?
I’m okay with my support of Trump being indefensible. It was a mistake on my part. And I no longer support him.

But I did come in here, quite often, and state when his words and actions were indefensible.
You’re ok with it being indefensible, then you try and follow up with a defense :lol:. You also came in here on the daily and defended the indefensible actions. You victim blamed the people being detained at the border and spewed dangerous stereotypes on welfare recipients, among other things. So yea, you supported this defense of indefensible actions with more indefensible statements of your own.

Like I've said before, your Trump support for 5 years is a reflection of who YOU are. It's not some honest mistake. You didn't run a red light, or mistakenly grab someone else's keys. This is who you are, what you are willing to support and stand for.

KHUFU KHUFU You gon' learn one day. Let me give you a refresher. Remember he was defending Trump's non-denouncement of the Proud Boys? This is a LOST cause.

A far right Black Republican is in this thread defending Trump’s obvious decision not to denounce white supremacists when given then opportunity to while facing the nation. :lol: 2020 is brazy.

Are you kidding me? With what he said about diversity training as well? Really? You outta be ashamed of yourself man.

Back
Top Bottom