***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The thing is I didn’t say any of those things you just posted. Yet you put that stuff in quotes as if I did.

The thing is you said you would stop supporting him if he said something racist on camera. I’m merely pointing out the racists things he said every single day and you excused by still voting for him again.

You can act like you give a **** about anything other than your own wallet but you don’t.

dwalk31 dwalk31 ,

How would you describe Trump now? What is the most accurate and then apt description that you'll give him as a person, businessman, politician, right now?

After all that has been unearthed, with white supremacy in his grasp, what is the worst thing you can say about him?

I addressed this above.

I’m not going to play a what’s the worst thing you can say game for you to come back and say THAT’S ALL?!?

It’s pointless. I no longer support him.

Huh?

I’m sure I can say a bunch of bad things. What I will say is that he said and did a lot of indefensible things during his presidency. And my continued support of him was a mistake on my part that I acknowledge.

I don’t support him anymore so I’m not sure what more you want from me on it.
Is he a good human being? Is he trustworthy? Is he of good character?

You won’t find that post at all. It’s something you’ve completely made up. And that has never been my position. In fact, it’s a truly disgusting position for anyone to have.

It’s wild you can consistently just make things up like that and attribute them to me without even showing that I posted anything like that.

Do better.
1612041686443.gif

The backpeddle begins.

You said something along the lines of “so what? People get lost in the system everyday b”

Is he a good human being? Is he trustworthy? Is he of good character?

I thought I made this clear above, but I’ve addressed this as much as I’m going to.

I’ve never said he was any of those things. And I’m not saying he is now.

But it’s pointless to answer whatever adjectives you throw out next. I’m not playing that game.

I don’t support him. Period.

I thought I made this clear above, but I’ve addressed this as much as I’m going to.

I’ve never said he was any of those things. And I’m not saying he is now.

But it’s pointless to answer whatever adjectives you throw out next. I’m not playing that game.

I don’t support him. Period.
You don’t support him now that he’s not president. Continue to add that every time you say that. Also remember to add you have a maga hat sitting at home

1612041686443.gif

The backpeddle begins.

You said something along the lines of “so what? People get lost in the system everyday b”

You’re the one backpedaling. You said I said one thing. Now you’re saying I said another.

As I said before, it’s wild you can just make up things and attribute them to me.

You get more likes with the Kermit posts. Maybe you should stick with that.

dwalk31 dwalk31
I don't get down like that, if your opinion is that he isn't a bad person? Then I can accept that. I will not come at you with the that's all, because I have no ulterior motive for the question. I simply would like to hear about how you feel about Donald Trump right now.

Anyone that has supported him, has been thrown under the bus. Trump does not even look back, in order to make sure that you are dead.

As much as I liked to see Anthony Weiner stick it to Republicans, as soon as he was found to be a child molester - it was over for me.

Dude was out here trying to have sex with a 15 year old girl.

There is no amount of political capital, logic, or reason that excuses such behavior.

You don't have to be a Saint or some kind of "Hollier than thou" Bible thumper to know right from wrong.

Seems to me that character matters...and the Republican Party has shown exactly what their caliber of character is.

The question for me is how do I act accordingly knowing full well that when I walk into a room of 10 white folks, 7 of them cant even muster enough empathy to see me as a full human being.

On another note:

Last I checked, every organism on Earth has two primary functions.

One: The ability to obtain food and shelter.

Two: The ability to protect / defend itself.

IMO its FAR past due for there to be a Federal Task Force / Office of Racial Affairs armed with the judicial power to investigate and prosecute those organizations and institutions that engage in racism, bias, and bigotry both in Gov / Miltiary and the Private Sector.

In my mind - the 14th Amendment is all the justification we need.

Delk's 180 in regard to supporting Trump has nothing to do with seeing the error of his ways, or some moral reckoning; it mainly just trying to change the framing of the discussions in this thread in his favor.

It has everything to do with have a new angle to troll from.

For him to try to wash off the stench of supporting a reckless bigot; so when the GOP blocks Dems reforms through the filibuster, for him to circle back and justify his Trump support because "he had the unique ability to pass policy". It is a long play for him to rationalize his previous support for Trump.

Remember he did the same thing after the First Step Act passed. Before he was a Trump support because he cared about black people wanting to acquire rental properties. No talk of some strong desire for criminal justice reform. People tore him apart for that nonsense. The second he saw he could change the framing of the discussions, he did, and we got two solid years of "unique ability to pass policy"', "second Step Act coming", and other ****. He was an activist all of a sudden.

All the while handwaving all the ways people tore apart his nonsense over the years. Handwaved all the ways Trump himself undercutting his arguments in here.

Delk doesn't respect anyone's time in this thread. Otherwise, he would have acted differently.

His clear lack of sincerity is reason enough for people to have zero respect for his supposed turn, to have zero empathy for him, to have zero patience with his nonsense.

Last edited:
dwalk31 dwalk31
I don't get down like that, if your opinion is that he isn't a bad person? Then I can accept that. I will not come at you with the that's all, because I have no ulterior motive for the question. I simply would like to hear about how you feel about Donald Trump right now.

Anyone that has supported him, has been thrown under the bus. Trump does not even look back, in order to make sure that you are dead.

I’m honestly not focused on dude and having feelings about him.

I made a mistake in support and shifted my support.

And now I’m focused on the initiatives I mentioned above. Good person v. Bad person seems like something that you might get into but I don’t go through all that.

I’ve never said he was. And I’m not saying it now.

You’re the one backpedaling. You said I said one thing. Now you’re saying I said another.

As I said before, it’s wild you can just make up things and attribute them to me.

You get more likes with the Kermit posts. Maybe you should stick with that.
What did I change Kermit? You were fine with child separation and justified it. Remember “the parents knew the risk”? I do

Delk's 180 in regard to supporting Trump has nothing to do with seeing the error of his ways, or some moral reckoning; it mainly just trying to change the framing of the discussions in this thread in his favor.

For him to try to wash off the stench of supporting a reckless bigot, and when the GOP blocks Dems reforms through the filibuster, for him to circle back and justify his Trump support because "he had the unique ability to pass policy". It is a long play for him to rationalize his previous support for Trump.

Remember he did the same thing after the Frist Step Act passed. Before he was a Trump support because he cared about black people wanting to acquire rental properties. No talk of some strong desire for criminal justice reform. People tore him apart for that nonsense. The second he saw he could change the framing of the discussions, he did, and we got two solid years of "unique ability to pass policy"', "second Step Act coming", and other ****.

All the while handwaving all the ways people tore apart his nonsense over the years. Handwaved all the ways Trump himself undercutting his arguments in here.

Delk doesn't respect anyone's time in this thread. Otherwise, he would have acted differently.

His clear lack of sincerity is reason enough for people to have zero respect for his supposed turn, to have zero empathy for him, to have zero patience with his nonsense.

This man really typed this up:

FEBA7B8E-6539-48A0-A12B-F529D33B539D.png

Spent 5 years supporting and voting for this guy twice and couldn’t find a single thing that Trump said over that time period that was unequivocally racist that would cause him to lose his support.

Over 5 years he couldn’t find a single thing. Incredible.

He literally told the people that stormed the capitol to hang congressmen and Congresswoman that he loved them.

He didn’t think trumps rhetoric was dangerous because

3EC6AE52-2F3E-438A-AD7D-4737E8ED7E0C.jpeg

Like this ******* guy was dismissing his rhetoric even AFTER Trump lost. It’s amazing

I’m honestly not focused on dude and having feelings about him.

I made a mistake in support and shifted my support.

And now I’m focused on the initiatives I mentioned above. Good person v. Bad person seems like something that you might get into but I don’t go through all that.

I’ve never said he was. And I’m not saying it now.
During the early days of the covid situation, we had a discussion on whether or not we should pay attention to Trump in regard to info, or if we should pay attention to the scientists, Dr.'s like Fauci in regard to finding out how to deal with this thing. It was in your opinion that we should not be getting our info from the White House.

With the recent numbers coming out about deaths, the rise, and this country not dealing with the pandemic well? Do you feel that Trump's now published disinformation campaign in regard to covid, paints him in the light of being incompetent, lacking in both character and intelligence?

Is there any good will, good faith in regard to Donald Trump?

Since you do not have any feelings, should he be convicted? In your opinion, of course.

This man really typed this up:

FEBA7B8E-6539-48A0-A12B-F529D33B539D.png

Spent 5 years supporting and voting for this guy twice and couldn’t find a single thing that Trump said over that time period that was unequivocally racist that would cause him to lose his support.

Over 5 years he couldn’t find a single thing. Incredible.

He literally told the people that stormed the capitol to hang congressmen and Congresswoman that he loved them.

He didn’t think trumps rhetoric was dangerous because

3EC6AE52-2F3E-438A-AD7D-4737E8ED7E0C.jpeg

Like this ****ing guy was dismissing his rhetoric even AFTER Trump lost. It’s amazing

I literally acknowledged that his rhetoric was dangerous in the post that you quoted. It literally says “I’ve been outspoken on my issue with Trump’s rhetoric. It has been dangerous.”

For him to try to wash off the stench of supporting a reckless bigot, and when the GOP blocks Dems reforms through the filibuster, for him to circle back and justify his Trump support because "he had the unique ability to pass policy". It is a long play for him to rationalize his previous support for Trump.

Remember he did the same thing after the First Step Act passed. Before he was a Trump support because he cared about black people wanting to acquire rental properties. No talk of some strong desire for criminal justice reform. People tore him apart for that nonsense. The second he saw he could change the framing of the discussions, he did, and we got two solid years of "unique ability to pass policy"', "second Step Act coming", and other ****. He was an activist all of a sudden.

B-b-but what about his redemption arc?

716095813952208946.png

I literally acknowledged that his rhetoric was dangerous in the post that you quoted. It literally says “I’ve been outspoken on my issue with Trump’s rhetoric. It has been dangerous.”

It also excuses normalizes it the next paragraph. Sure he says racist **** all the time for his racist base BUT.........white racists have been racists forever so boys will be boys and no harm done by his rhetoric

saying you condemn someone then spending paragraphs after that rationalizing the behavior isn’t condemning anything. It’s you typing an empty statement because you don’t give a **** about the awful **** he said and did just as you still don’t give a **** about what happened afterwards with the Capitol. You coming in here typing empty statements isn’t fooling a single person other than yourself

During the early days of the covid situation, we had a discussion on whether or not we should pay attention to Trump in regard to info, or if we should pay attention to the scientists, Dr.'s like Fauci in regard to finding out how to deal with this thing. It was in your opinion that we should not be getting our info from the White House.

With the recent numbers coming out about deaths, the rise, and this country not dealing with the pandemic well? Do you feel that Trump's now published disinformation campaign in regard to covid, paints him in the light of being incompetent, lacking in both character and intelligence?

Is there any good will, good faith in regard to Donald Trump?

As I said then, Trump could have done much better with his handling of the pandemic.

I have also explained that much of his handling of political office seemed to come from a place of ignorance.

I don’t understand what you mean by good will and/or good faith. We aren’t having business dealings and I no longer support him as a political candidate.

You’re asking these questions as if I do. So it’s kind of weird.

If I had said he was competent, with great character and that he was intelligent then I’d understand your questioning. But I’ve never said that about Trump. I called him ignorant throughout his pregnancy.

Of course Edwin knows better than the folks who make the decisions at GM. Honestly, it’s baffling that having such a high level of automotive industry insight isn’t translating into not sleeping on a twin bed at his mom’s crib at damn near 40 years old. It just doesn’t make sense to me. 🤔🤔

ninjahood ninjahood is definitely up there when it comes to buffoons I’ve encountered on NT. Christ on a cracker this guy is a clown. :lol: :lol:

As I said then, Trump could have done much better with his handling of the pandemic.

I have also explained that much of his handling of political office seemed to come from a place of ignorance.

I don’t understand what you mean by good will and/or good faith. We aren’t having business dealings and I no longer support him as a political candidate.

You’re asking these questions as if I do. So it’s kind of weird.

If I had said he was competent, with great character and that he was intelligent then I’d understand your questioning. But I’ve never said that about Trump. I called him ignorant throughout his pregnancy.
The ignorance that you are speaking of, points to a lacking of experience, not one of bad character. Your word choices allow Donald Trump the ability to be both victim and aggressor at the same time.

If he ran on the same platform again, would you support him?

Back
Top Bottom