***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1611953515533.png

they def smashed...

This Marjorie chick really made an announcement that she would be releasing her statement and her statement was basically "I didn't do **** wrong. The radical left will never win bc the radical right will continue to give me money." Bruh what :lol:

This statement is like texting your girl "we gotta have a talk tonight" then hitting her up 5 hours later to let her know you made reservations at a restaurant.

I don't know...

He seems very committed to his little Lion King parable. Are we absolutely sure Gamestop is already deceased, just because the people up to their necks in shorts tell us?
He is equating death to the stock being around $4. Not the solvency of the overall company

Gamestop is in trouble any way you slice it though.

If you only read one piece on the GME short burn, make it this one.

No need to duck.

I think that makes sense if she was in any way attempting to defend sexual assault.

But I wasn’t.

I defended the idea of due process. Has nothing to do with Roy Moore. And as I said at the time, there were legitimate reasons not to support him that had nothing to do with those allegations.

But sexual assault allegations, alone, shouldn’t preclude someone from running for office or being elected. If they could, the current and past president would have been ineligible.
And yet, somehow, not a peep in defense of Hillary Clinton’s right to “due process” when MAGA mobs were chanting “lock her up.”

Funny how that works.

Watch out for that first step. It’s a doozy.

In 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson faced a choice between doing what was best for America and what was best for his Democratic Party. He put the country first by signing the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the benchmark litigation that transformed America by outlawing public segregation, even though LBJ knew that Democrats would pay a steep price. After the law’s passage, an aide noticed that LBJ was downcast and asked what was wrong. “We’ve lost the South,” said this astute politician, and he was right. Democrats still haven’t gotten most of it back.

For a brief period, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) was poised to emulate LBJ and put America ahead of his party. Just before the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, McConnell warned that the refusal of senators to accept Biden’s election would send American democracy into “a death spiral.” After the attack, McConnell squarely blamed Trump. “The mob was fed lies,” he said in the Senate on Jan. 19. “They were provoked by the president and other powerful people.”

Reportedly, McConnell was “furious” at Trump over the insurrection; told associates that Trump’s behavior was an impeachable offense; and welcomed the Democrats’ impeachment drive because it would help the Republican Party divorce itself from Trump. McConnell’s wife, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, resigned from Trump’s Cabinet. Insiders confidently predicted that McConnell would wring enough votes from Senate Republicans to convict Trump and bar him from ever again holding federal office.

Alas, what might have come to be called the Great Republican Moral Reckoning never happened. Just one week after his “the mob was fed lies” speech, McConnell, along with most Republican senators, voted to dismiss the impeachment article against Trump on the ground that a former president cannot be impeached. According to one account, McConnell counted the votes in his Senate caucus to convict Trump, came up short and hastily retreated. How hard he tried to persuade Senate Republicans to vote to convict Trump is not clear, but apparently Republican senators began losing their nerve, just as they always have with Trump, and then McConnell lost his.

The Republican claim that the Constitution forbids trying a former president is a flawed pretext for avoiding a long overdue moral showdown with Donald Trump. In fact, a Congressional Research Service (CRS) report suggested that, while the issue is not free from doubt, the Senate has a plausible constitutional basis for trying a former president. The CRS noted that in 1876 the Senate held an impeachment trial of William Belknap, President Ulysses S. Grant’s secretary of war, even though he was no longer in office. (Belknap was acquitted.)

If you only read one piece on the GME short burn, make it this one.

And yet, somehow, not a peep in defense of Hillary Clinton’s right to “due process” when MAGA mobs were chanting “lock her up.”

Funny how that works.

Watch out for that first step. It’s a doozy.

Hillary Clinton was/is entitled to due process as it relates to any criminal allegations as well. And any allegations did not (and should not have) precluded her from running for office.

MAGA mobs chant a lot of things that I don't agree with. But I was not one of the people engaging in that activity.

Back
Top Bottom