***Official Political Discussion Thread***

kingjay718 kingjay718 you pushing it with that avy
sabu.png

Trump's 1987 book, "The Art of the Deal," described a visit to Moscow to discuss building "a large luxury hotel across the street from the Kremlin in partnership with the Soviet government."

In fact, Shvets said, Russian operatives used the trip to flatter Trump and told him he should go into politics. Shvets told The Guardian that KGB operatives were then stunned to discover that Trump had returned to the United States, mulled a run for office, and taken out a full-page ad in several newspapers that echoed anti-Western Russian talking points.

The ad, which ran in The Washington Post, The New York Times, and The Boston Globe, was titled "There's nothing wrong with America's Foreign Defense Policy that a little backbone can't cure."

The ad accused Japan and other countries of "taking advantage" of the United States and said the US should stop paying to defend other rich countries — arguments that would become the backbone of his foreign policy when he became president decades later.

Shvets said the ad was considered an "unprecedented" success in Russia's attempts to promote anti-Western talking points in American media.

Yeah I don’t know why they glossed over the rioters ****ting on the ground like animals. That should of been a huge talking point still talked about today. The mental issues that go along with that are pretty serious

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said earlier Thursday that the House and Senate would take initial votes next week on a budget bill that would allow subsequent party-line passage of the sweeping coronavirus relief package. She portrayed the partisan budget reconciliation approach as a fallback position that could pressure Republicans to come on board.

“By the end of the week we will be finished with the budget resolution, which will be about reconciliation if we need it,” Pelosi told reporters at her weekly news conference.
“We have to be ready. I do think we have more leverage to get cooperation on the other side if they know we have an alternative,” she said.

Let's get the ball rolling. **** all this bipartisan talk, they had 9 days
ufdup.png

“It starts the whole process off in a very different place than I think President Biden was in his inaugural address just two weeks ago,” said Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of GOP leadership.
“It’s confrontational. It’s certainly not collaborative,” Blunt said.

comeon.png

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), a leader of the bipartisan group, told reporters that “it’s certainly not helpful” if reconciliation moves forward. She also said she had spoken personally with Biden, and had “a very friendly call,” in one of the first public indications that the president himself is engaged in the kind of personal bipartisan outreach he promised while campaigning.

unimpressed.png

ufdup.png

comeon.png

unimpressed.png

These two need to need the **** outta here.

They had no issue voting for reconciliation bills in the past.

Second, they are bemoaning the fact that Biden won't fall for the same ******** the GOP ran on Obama. And the thing is, with Obama they had dozens of centrist Dems back their play, now they got like 5.

Jason Kander could have probably pulled off the upset on Blunt if Trump was not on the ballot :smh:

Dem Maine white folk on some ******** for keeping Collins around

dwalk31 dwalk31 thoughts? :nerd:

don’t duck either

No need to duck.

I think that makes sense if she was in any way attempting to defend sexual assault.

But I wasn’t.

I defended the idea of due process. Has nothing to do with Roy Moore. And as I said at the time, there were legitimate reasons not to support him that had nothing to do with those allegations.

But sexual assault allegations, alone, shouldn’t preclude someone from running for office or being elected. If they could, the current and past president would have been ineligible.

ufdup.png

comeon.png

unimpressed.png

Pelosi, it's all good to try and get Republicans on board (plan A). When it does fail, I expect that she and the rest of the Dems actually go through with reconciliation (plan B), because they have a habit of saying "we have options" and failing to exercise any of those.

We watching.

No need to duck.

I think that makes sense if she was in any way attempting to defend sexual assault.

But I wasn’t.

I defended the idea of due process. Has nothing to do with Roy Moore. And as I said at the time, there were legitimate reasons not to support him that had nothing to do with those allegations.

But sexual assault allegations, alone, shouldn’t preclude someone from running for office or being elected. If they could, the current and past president would have been ineligible.
I am not going down the rabbit hole with you

But this is such a ******** answer

No need to duck.

But I wasn’t.

But then you voted for him when you supported trump.

-
1611949379916.gif

Back
Top Bottom