Official Pizza Appreciation!

Matese pizza. Spinach, regular & what they consider deep dish, lol. Deep dish was meh, regular was real good & spinach slice was excellent.
20220809_140143.jpg
20220809_144327.jpg

Wish I had some pizza places like this around where I live. Nothing but chain pizza places around me.
If there is one thing we have A LOT of in NYC it's 🍕, lol. You're near downtown L.A. right? I've read & heard Cali's pizza game is generally lacking. It's a highly competitive city with an equally competitive culinary scene. I'm guessing not many people out there are into opening mom n pop pizza joints? A lot more Korean & Latino options in LA from what I've seen. Sucks for you guys man because 🍕=life :wink:

I
If there is one thing we have A LOT of in NYC it's 🍕, lol. You're near downtown L.A. right? I've read & heard Cali's pizza game is generally lacking. It's a highly competitive city with an equally competitive culinary scene. I'm guessing not many people out there are into opening mom n pop pizza joints? A lot more Korean & Latino options in LA from what I've seen. Sucks for you guys man because 🍕=life :wink:

I’m about 35 min from LA. I’ve been to a few good spots around there and a couple around some beach cities. My one regret when I visited NY was not getting to try more food spots. With all the site seeing, barely even ate.

I

I’m about 35 min from LA. I’ve been to a few good spots around there and a couple around some beach cities. My one regret when I visited NY was not getting to try more food spots. With all the site seeing, barely even ate.
There is a lot of sight seeing here which takes a big chunk outta your time, agreed. Out of curiosity- where did you eat while you were out here? One Bite pizza reviews hit up some good spots in & around LA while ago, check it out on YouTube. And no worries, you can plan some good food spots here next time around 👍.

There is a lot of sight seeing here which takes a big chunk outta your time, agreed. Out of curiosity- where did you eat while you were out here? One Bite pizza reviews hit up some good spots in & around LA while ago, check it out on YouTube. And no worries, you can plan some good food spots here next time around 👍.

Our first day out there was pretty much a wash. Coming from Cali, you literally have to leave first thing in the morning. We didn't get to our hotel until almost 11pm. Don't remember the exact names. We ate at this one spot in Little Italy, another was this bar/restaurant kind of by Times Square. Then for my bday, my friend picked out this one place, bomb @ $ $ Avocado/Shrimp tostada on focaccia bread. She really nailed it with that place. Then on our last day, we ate at the STATE Bar and Grill (we visited the Empire State Building). Everything else, we kind of just munched on things here and there. We did however get pizza from the hotel that first night we got there. Obviously, wasn't the best.

Our first day out there was pretty much a wash. Coming from Cali, you literally have to leave first thing in the morning. We didn't get to our hotel until almost 11pm. Don't remember the exact names. We ate at this one spot in Little Italy, another was this bar/restaurant kind of by Times Square. Then for my bday, my friend picked out this one place, bomb @ $ $ Avocado/Shrimp tostada on focaccia bread. She really nailed it with that place. Then on our last day, we ate at the STATE Bar and Grill (we visited the Empire State Building). Everything else, we kind of just munched on things here and there. We did however get pizza from the hotel that first night we got there. Obviously, wasn't the best.
Damn, that flight seem pretty brutal considering it's still in Country. Sucks that the first day is a wash. I think I landed around 6pm from Chicago but didn't get things going till 8pm. First meal was at the Halal Guys cart on 53rd. It was a good protein boost and was delicious.

I wanted to do and see a lot in NY. I pretty much filled up my itinerary to the brim. By the end of the trip I was gassed from all the walking and traveling. Overloaded the schedule. Really glad I did tho. It was all worth it.

Damn, that flight seem pretty brutal considering it's still in Country. Sucks that the first day is a wash. I think I landed around 6pm from Chicago but didn't get things going till 8pm. First meal was at the Halal Guys cart on 53rd. It was a good protein boost and was delicious.

I wanted to do and see a lot in NY. I pretty much filled up my itinerary to the brim. By the end of the trip I was gassed from all the walking and traveling. Overloaded the schedule. Really glad I did tho. It was all worth it.

Yea, coast to coast. Our flight out was mid-day. By the time we got wheels up, 4 hr flight plus the time difference, getting off the plane, bag claim and the cab ride to our hotel, we were exhausted.

We did the same. Planned out each day we were going to be down there. There was no time wasted standing around at all. My feet were done! So much walking. Only got lost once. Wasn’t really lost, just took the wrong subway. We noticed pretty fast.

We did the same. Planned out each day we were going to be down there. There was no time wasted standing around at all. My feet were done! So much walking. Only got lost once. Wasn’t really lost, just took the wrong subway. We noticed pretty fast.
Same. The end of night 1 or 2, I forget, we jumped on the wrong train heading to the hotel and crossed into Brooklyn on the way home. I was half asleep but noticed we were on a bridge. Got off & jumped on the train back to lower Manhattan.

Papa John's is the closest to real pizza out of the fast food chains

I honestly cant spend money on any of em. They gotta be offering a crackhead bogo deal or somethin for me to lock in with a national retail chain pizza.

Local is the only way to go imo

Back
Top Bottom