Official Pizza Appreciation!

Papa John's is the closest to real pizza out of the fast food chains
Don't know if Jet's Pizza qualifies but it's pretty legit Detroit Style.

Chicago?

Edit: Whoa it’s right by my crib, definitely gonna check it out 🔥
You won't be disappointed. The Grandma slice is delicious and real crispy. The Regular slices are fire, you can tell it's the goods that first bite.

Have you been to Coalfire? There's one not far from Uptown in Wrigleyville.

Coal fire was cool

Definitely nice ingredients but it was a lil floppy for me pause

I was hungover as **** tho, I gotta go back with a clear mind 😂

Lunch from my local spot. Garlic knots were just ok.
20220816_114201.jpg
20220816_115411.jpg

Best pizza in Midtown (Rockefeller Center) area is Little Italy on 45th between 5th and 6th. Have ate there off and on for about 8 years.

Red Baron pizza pies are pretty good for $5. Going to buy some more at the supermarket this weekend.

dam lookin at these pics is makin me remember back when pizza was made by Italians and it looked nice and edible. the **** in NYC ain't the same. u got every pizza shop in the Bronx is Mexican's and Arab's :lol:

not saying they can't make pizza, just not the same. i gave up when the Halal spot on my block started serving pizza and had halal pepperoni :lol::sick:

not tryin to offend any race or religion but u get my point ....

dam lookin at these pics is makin me remember back when pizza was made by Italians and it looked nice and edible. the **** in NYC ain't the same. u got every pizza shop in the Bronx is Mexican's and Arab's :lol:

not saying they can't make pizza, just not the same. i gave up when the Halal spot on my block started serving pizza and had halal pepperoni :lol::sick:

not tryin to offend any race or religion but u get my point ....
They label the pepperoni "Halal" because A. for us Muslims anything pig related is haram(opposite of Halal & means forbidden) & it gets the "Halal" stamp because the animal which the meat came from was slaughtered according to Islamic procedures B. Because we can have Halal beef pepperoni. Yes, it's not "pepperoni" in it's traditional sense but for us Muslims it's the next closest thing, lol.

A lot of these Halal spots in NYC serve pizza because a lot of Muslim folks won't eat at "American" owned food joints, my mother was like this. Meaning anyone who isn't Muslim basically. Reason for this is we have religious dietary restrictions & outside of a Muslim owned establishment a lot of the way foods are prepped & handled would make it haram for us. So when we see a Halal spot have pizza we know for 100% facts that a pig's guts or meat & haram chicken or beef products never entered that kitchen & it's safe for us to eat.

And let's face it pizza sell here in NYc so why the heck not add it to the menu? Lol

Back
Top Bottom