OFFICIAL Pittsburgh Steelers VS New England Patriots VOL PATS 1ST "L"

Originally Posted by dmxfury

ive been rooting for the Patriots since i was 10
Just out of curiosity, what team did you cheer for age 0-9?

roll.gif

Well, seeing as how 10 was the first age that i remeber watching sports
smh.gif

Is there REALLY that big of a difference between 9 and 10?

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

why do you keep talking about bandwagoners? ive been rooting for the Patriots since i was 10 and i was born in Rhode Island, explain to me how i am a bandwagoner, keep bragging about Super Bowls you didnt see, like thats something to hold your head high over, you lose.
thank youthats what im saying, how is it bandwagoning(word?) if you have lived in mass/ watched and rooted for them ur whole life.
i have old ty law jersey(royal blue)
pimp.gif

I had an old Bledsoe one when i was a kid that and my Eric Montross Celts jersey was all i would wear....
indifferent.gif

Thanks Vari, all I was looking for. I saw you put the age of 10 and found that curious. Not sure why Nikekid6 was jumping in our conversation.

Age 13 is the cutoff for choosing your favorite team. If you change your favorite team after that, you're a bandwagoner.

I was a Cowboys fan growing up. Then I was a Vikings fan. Then at the age of 13, I choose the Eagles (Todd Pinkston
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
). They're now my team for life.

Thanks Vari, all I was looking for. I saw you put the age of 10 and found that curious. Not sure why Nikekid6 was jumping in our conversation.

He's done that like 3 times in here to me too... kid is screaming for attention like a 12 year old...

The tension and bickering between the Patriots' "fans" and the Patriots "haters" make these Pats gamethreads pure comedy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

He's done that like 3 times in here to me too... kid is screaming for attention like a 12 year old...
its a public board. take that private##@* to the PMs or IMs

did son really say the refs gave the steelers the chip

but hes a pats fan???

like is he aware how many controversial calls their dynasty hinges on?
roll.gif

pats fan longer than the last 2 yrs my nuts
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

but hes a pats fan???

roll.gif

roll.gif
Its just one controversial call against the Raiders, the tuck rule.

That was a playoff game.

The refs handed the ring to the Steelers in the Super Bowl
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Age 13 is the cutoff for choosing your favorite team. If you change your favorite team after that, you're a bandwagoner.

I was a Cowboys fan growing up. Then I was a Vikings fan. Then at the age of 13, I choose the Eagles (Todd Pinkston
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
). They're now my team for life.

Consider me safe!

Was a Raiders fan, then a Niners fan, then Jerry went to Oakland and so did I, and i'm staying here.

randy Moss just had a great post game interview on ESPNNews, turn to it now and catch the tail end of it

Few last remarks about the actual game itself...

The Pats don't get flags thrown on them.. whether this is because they play that flawlessly or something else, they have black and white on their side.

Brady gets rid of the ball hellishly quick.. you have to put him on his%%$!, i don't understand how the great **** lebeau couldn't get even a singlesack on him.. that's just poor scheming.

Steelers offense really craps the bed after crossing the 50... if they were able to convert at a higher rate on opponents side of the field, they'd have ajuggernaut of an offense... too bad.

Pats defense showed a lot of energy for a team coming off a short week/close game. Perhaps not as old as people talk?

CBS nut hugs the hell out of the Pats entire roster... and again, I haven't heard anybody on here commenting about Les Moonves (CEO of CBS) sitting inRobert Kraft's box during the game.. how is that not a conflict of interest?

Anthony Smith's comments were not that bad.. his only mistake is in talking to the press at all. What did you expect him to say about his team'schances? "we stand no chance?".. He was confident, he's catching WAY too much heat for this all. He did get beat twice today, but coverage wasnever his specialty anyways.. he's a run support guy, I don't like how everybody acts like they know all about him now because the media twisted hissituation all around... He's a good young (2nd year) player with lots of potential who got bit by the media, I hope he bounces back, he didn't deserveto get played the way he did on or off the field.

Pats NEVER get a bad bounce... EVER. And they don't turn the ball over because of that... Steelers have a HORRIBLE punt by the pats turn into a TO for themsomehow... they have a bad pass on a trick play turn into a touchdown pass... It's just ridiculous, they're completely charmed to go along with lots oftalent.. no wonder they're undefeated. That's a tough combo to beat.

Pats force you to play a very strict gameplan if you want to beat them - but they are still very beatable if you're disciplined enough. I think a team likethe Colts could beat them by 20 points though, because they understand that formula and are built to run it. The Pats run the same type of plays in the samesituations time after time, it's not all the confusing what they do, they just do it well... They will have that catch up to them, so I don't expectthem to continue doing the same things..

And I still believe somebody takes them down in the last three weeks here... But if they lose regular season, I think they win the superbowl.. if they go 16-0,i think they lose in the playoffs, that's just my gut feeling on the matter.

By the way - this would be the softest team of all time to win a championship.. let it be known, they are much more finesse than any great team i've everseen in the pro's.. look like a steve spurrier UF team out there most of the time.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

randy Moss just had a great post game interview on ESPNNews, turn to it now and catch the tail end of it
I don't have ESPNNews
frown.gif

What did he say?

jsut got back home from watching this game. pats played great on both sides of the ball. btw i have been a pats fan for about 20 yrs. yup im 37yrs old. anywaybrady was awesome again. i don,t expect any guarantees out of anyone from pitt anytime soon. it will be very, very, difficult for any team to come in toFOXBORO and win in the regular season nevermind the playoffs. if you can,t move the ball like the pats or create turnovers you really have no shot. 13-0
next up: jets no problem getting ready for this one.

Craftsy21 wrote:

CBS nut hugs the hell out of the Pats entire roster... and again, I haven't heard anybody on here commenting about Les Moonves (CEO of CBS) sitting in Robert Kraft's box during the game.. how is that not a conflict of interest?

Did you see when Randy Moss dropped the ball? The CBS announcers were trying to find a way to not blame Randy for that. SMH

Originally Posted by Mickey Moss

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

but hes a pats fan???

roll.gif

roll.gif
Its just one controversial call against the Raiders, the tuck rule.

That was a playoff game.

indifferent.gif
oh so you conveniently forgot about the pats nfl blitz tackling the colts...leading to the rule change?
laugh.gif

Colts went 13-0 two seasons ago.

When/if they hit 14-0, then I might consider them to go 16-0.

Colts still win in the playoffs though.

smile.gif
Woooop.

roll.gif

Are you a Seahawks fan as well? You have brought that up at least 3 times. Let it go, the Steelers won XL.

I do agree with Craftsy with the point of the Pats going 16-0, they will fall in the playoffs. I can't imagine any team going 19-0, especially if the Patsdon't rest any players at the end of the year. I just think that the pressure and length of season will get to them. But if Bill is smart and rests thestarters last game or two (even if it means losing a regular season game), then they will be mighty tough

Back
Top Bottom