OFFICIAL Pittsburgh Steelers VS New England Patriots VOL PATS 1ST "L"

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Few last remarks about the actual game itself...

The Pats don't get flags thrown on them.. whether this is because they play that flawlessly or something else, they have black and white on their side.

Brady gets rid of the ball hellishly quick.. you have to put him on his%%$!, i don't understand how the great **** lebeau couldn't get even a single sack on him.. that's just poor scheming.

Steelers offense really craps the bed after crossing the 50... if they were able to convert at a higher rate on opponents side of the field, they'd have a juggernaut of an offense... too bad.

Pats defense showed a lot of energy for a team coming off a short week/close game. Perhaps not as old as people talk?

CBS nut hugs the hell out of the Pats entire roster... and again, I haven't heard anybody on here commenting about Les Moonves (CEO of CBS) sitting in Robert Kraft's box during the game.. how is that not a conflict of interest?

Anthony Smith's comments were not that bad.. his only mistake is in talking to the press at all. What did you expect him to say about his team's chances? "we stand no chance?".. He was confident, he's catching WAY too much heat for this all. He did get beat twice today, but coverage was never his specialty anyways.. he's a run support guy, I don't like how everybody acts like they know all about him now because the media twisted his situation all around... He's a good young (2nd year) player with lots of potential who got bit by the media, I hope he bounces back, he didn't deserve to get played the way he did on or off the field.

Pats NEVER get a bad bounce... EVER. And they don't turn the ball over because of that... Steelers have a HORRIBLE punt by the pats turn into a TO for them somehow... they have a bad pass on a trick play turn into a touchdown pass... It's just ridiculous, they're completely charmed to go along with lots of talent.. no wonder they're undefeated. That's a tough combo to beat.

Pats force you to play a very strict gameplan if you want to beat them - but they are still very beatable if you're disciplined enough. I think a team like the Colts could beat them by 20 points though, because they understand that formula and are built to run it. The Pats run the same type of plays in the same situations time after time, it's not all the confusing what they do, they just do it well... They will have that catch up to them, so I don't expect them to continue doing the same things..

And I still believe somebody takes them down in the last three weeks here... But if they lose regular season, I think they win the superbowl.. if they go 16-0, i think they lose in the playoffs, that's just my gut feeling on the matter.

By the way - this would be the softest team of all time to win a championship.. let it be known, they are much more finesse than any great team i've ever seen in the pro's.. look like a steve spurrier UF team out there most of the time.

I seriously don't know who is a bigger hater, you or DOWNTOWN43.
hmmyf8.gif
It's actually quite sad how green you truly are Craftsy. If this team does in factwin the Super Bowl, you have already stated that they are the softest team to do so? That's seriously almost as lame as your Pirates
laugh.gif
. You haven't given this team any credit whatsoever this season, it's pathetic.

they will go 16-0, i must admit.
but i dont think they will win in the playoffs, whether they play Pitt again WITH a healthy Polumalu, or Colts WITH Marvin Harrison

its not that imma hater, well actually, i am a hater.. ive always hated Bellichek, I think Tom Brady is a good quarterback, and Randy Moss is an amazingreciever

no i am not lying. i live 35 minutes from foxboro. i chose the pats because i live here and have been a fan ever since.

Rockme....you're 37, and have been a Pats fan for 20+ years right? Whatchu know bout:

Mosi Tatupu
20seattleB.184.jpg

also Steve Grogan being the only QB I have ever seen to rock to roll collar
roll.gif

Just got back from watching the game. Pretty good game from the Pats on both sides of the ball...although our run defense is still pretty crappy. We let Willierip off some good runs. And Ellis Hobbs, damn bro, you need some help. You're looking worse every week now. Somehow we came up big in the redzone and keptem out of the endzone. Thats what I was saying earlier about our defense and how they bend but dont break.

The Brady to Moss to Brady to Gaffney was ridiculous. The bar went dead silent when Moss dropped it and i dont think anyone even took a breath until they sawhow open Gaffney was.

Poor Anthony Smith, picked on all day. He had to know they'd come at him a good bit after the past week. Oh well, he'll learn to do a little lesstalking next time, although I don't think what he said is really a bad thing, but why talk when you know it will just help fire up your opponent becausethe media will just magnify what you say.

I skimmed thru this thread since it blew up since before the game. Lot of bandwagon accusations, which is funny. But whatever. If you're a true fan youshould careless because you shouldnt get defensive over it unless someone singles you out. Just let people talk.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Few last remarks about the actual game itself...

The Pats don't get flags thrown on them.. whether this is because they play that flawlessly or something else, they have black and white on their side.

Brady gets rid of the ball hellishly quick.. you have to put him on his%%$!, i don't understand how the great **** lebeau couldn't get even a single sack on him.. that's just poor scheming.

Steelers offense really craps the bed after crossing the 50... if they were able to convert at a higher rate on opponents side of the field, they'd have a juggernaut of an offense... too bad.

Pats defense showed a lot of energy for a team coming off a short week/close game. Perhaps not as old as people talk?

CBS nut hugs the hell out of the Pats entire roster... and again, I haven't heard anybody on here commenting about Les Moonves (CEO of CBS) sitting in Robert Kraft's box during the game.. how is that not a conflict of interest?

Anthony Smith's comments were not that bad.. his only mistake is in talking to the press at all. What did you expect him to say about his team's chances? "we stand no chance?".. He was confident, he's catching WAY too much heat for this all. He did get beat twice today, but coverage was never his specialty anyways.. he's a run support guy, I don't like how everybody acts like they know all about him now because the media twisted his situation all around... He's a good young (2nd year) player with lots of potential who got bit by the media, I hope he bounces back, he didn't deserve to get played the way he did on or off the field.

Pats NEVER get a bad bounce... EVER. And they don't turn the ball over because of that... Steelers have a HORRIBLE punt by the pats turn into a TO for them somehow... they have a bad pass on a trick play turn into a touchdown pass... It's just ridiculous, they're completely charmed to go along with lots of talent.. no wonder they're undefeated. That's a tough combo to beat.

Pats force you to play a very strict gameplan if you want to beat them - but they are still very beatable if you're disciplined enough. I think a team like the Colts could beat them by 20 points though, because they understand that formula and are built to run it. The Pats run the same type of plays in the same situations time after time, it's not all the confusing what they do, they just do it well... They will have that catch up to them, so I don't expect them to continue doing the same things..

And I still believe somebody takes them down in the last three weeks here... But if they lose regular season, I think they win the superbowl.. if they go 16-0, i think they lose in the playoffs, that's just my gut feeling on the matter.

By the way - this would be the softest team of all time to win a championship.. let it be known, they are much more finesse than any great team i've ever seen in the pro's.. look like a steve spurrier UF team out there most of the time.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Dude is mad salty, your team got murked tonight. Take the L word to MikeTomLin.

pats fans, we don't need to defend our fanhood...it comes with the territory when our team is on a quest for perfection......

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

pats fans, we don't need to defend our fanhood...it comes with the territory when our team is on a quest for perfection......
Truth

You guys have been legit Pats fans for a while. Props to you
pimp.gif

But there are some other people in this board that ruin it for you guys

Craftsy...the CBS hugs our nuts because of the restaurant/bar that is going up next to the stadium. They showed the plans for it during the game. CBS Scene isgoing to be the name...something like that. It's going to basically be this restaurant with a studio in it. Some crazy new concept, theres more to it, butI only was half listening to the description of it on the pregame. But they basically are going to have a partnership, which is why it seems like the hug ournuts.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

ive been rooting for the Patriots since i was 10
Just out of curiosity, what team did you cheer for age 0-9?

I will say again, great game by Brady tonite. But it all comes down to the playoffs

Because as we all know, Brady is unproven in the playoffs
laugh.gif

Anyoneelse get the feeling that the Pats are going to start running the ball way more come playoff time? I cant see Brady throwing the ball 40+ times in Januarywhen it's cold as heck.

Only flaw that team has is run defense.

Oh and Craftsy...the CBS hugs our nuts because of the restaurant/bar that is going up next to the stadium. They showed the plans for it during the game. CBS Scene is going to be the name...something like that. It's going to basically be this restaurant with a studio in it. Some crazy new concept, theres more to it, but I only was half listening to the description of it on the pregame. But they basically are going to have a partnership, which is why it seems like the hug our nuts.
and to add to it, of course CBS hugs our nuts.....we give them ratings..... i mean, why would CBS hug the nuts of, say the Kansas City Chiefs....???

DeadsetAce wrote:
Truth

Success breeds hatred.

Props to the Pats and their fans.
pimp.gif

BTW, my 1st place fantasy team thanks Mr. Brady and Mr. Moss
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Craftsy...the CBS hugs our nuts because of the restaurant/bar that is going up next to the stadium. They showed the plans for it during the game. CBS Scene is going to be the name...something like that. It's going to basically be this restaurant with a studio in it. Some crazy new concept, theres more to it, but I only was half listening to the description of it on the pregame. But they basically are going to have a partnership, which is why it seems like the hug our nuts.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

laugh.gif
no sarcasm at all....just trying to offer a reason whyit seems like that. i only heard about this CBS Scene thing today. but nah no sarcasm man

laugh.gif
no sarcasm at all....just trying to offer a reason why it seems like that. i only heard about this CBS Scene thing today. but nah no sarcasm man

That's pretty crazy.. again, it just really seems like conflicting interests there. I know it doesn't really indicate anything, but unless theyplan on offering the same sort of accommodations at all NFL cities, aren't they going to be forced to favor a team like that, where they have investments? Or does the NFL view the entire league as one whole and not view that as singling one town out, but instead benefiting the entire company? I mean - i couldsee how they'd play it that way.. but let's be honest, it doesn't really work like that does it?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by dmxfury

ive been rooting for the Patriots since i was 10
Just out of curiosity, what team did you cheer for age 0-9?

I will say again, great game by Brady tonite. But it all comes down to the playoffs

Because as we all know, Brady is unproven in the playoffs
laugh.gif

Anyone else get the feeling that the Pats are going to start running the ball way more come playoff time? I cant see Brady throwing the ball 40+ times in January when it's cold as heck.

Only flaw that team has is run defense.

Maroney is soft as hell, I doubt it.

Go Pats
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
16-0

Pittsburgh's supposedly number 1 defense=
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Anthony Smith took a HUGE L. He got burned on several touchdowns. GUARANTEE, GUARANTEE
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Am I the only Boston/NE fan who feels 95% of other Boston/NE fans are..shall we say...stupid?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Am I the only Boston/NE fan who feels 95% of other Boston/NE fans are..shall we say...stupid?
laugh.gif
That's because 95% of Boston/NE fans are bandwagoners who only care when the teams are winning.
:smh

I agree, as much as I hate it, but we are Bandwagon Nation.
laugh.gif

Oh well, I can take pride in knowing im not a part of it.

Back
Top Bottom