Official Pittsburgh Steelers Season Thread (6-5) Vol. Return of the 6x Champs

Lets gooooo!!!

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

I might be late but does Crftz333 = Craftsy?? If so, why were you banned or suspended?

not banned/suspended... just a backup account.
laugh.gif

today sucked... i'll vent later though, time for bed.
frown.gif
tired.gif

Welp, here's my take on the game. We finally got some runs in. We gained 105 yds on the day.
eek.gif
Amazing. Probably should've gotten Parke some more touches or even Rashard(who had his longest rush ever). I think Ben could've attempted a few deep passes. There were all in the Bears D. Looks like our opponents wont evenattempt a run against us. The Bears and Titans starting RB's only had about 30 rushing attempts. Forte had less than 10 carries I think. Which could be badthing and a good thing.

EDIT: Covering the TE's is where Troy will missed the most. The Bears TE's caught 8 passes during their game tying drive. Most of them over the middle.Ty Carter was picked on the entire game. I expect other teams to capitilize on TP's absence.

Me either.

IMO, there was never really anything wrong with the offensive scheme, they just have a problem scoring points, especially TDs. Lack of execution is theproblem.

I said after the Chicago game we we're gonna have to become a pass based offense but that was only because of the run game, not because we needed a new"identity" offensively.

I'm not totally upset by it because we have the weapons for it, but I just hope they don't get away from "Steelers Football". Somethin' Iknow we all are accustom to...

So.... it was kinda like deja vu this week from last... missed chances, completely un-clutch defensive performance, sloppy execution... and still just inchesaway from a W.

I guess you can either be really optimistic and say things can only get better... or be really negative and assume we're mailing this season in again.

Hard to believe a team this talented can look so "meh" out there on the field for 3 straight weeks, both in play and attitude.. but it'shappening.

First things first... Limas Sweed probably should start packing his bags. Wallace is 10 times the player already, and we can't put up with anymore dropsfrom Limas after last year and how this year started.. it's a shame, Limas seems to do everything right up until the ball hits his hands - he seems to getopen really well, run routes, block, all the hard stuff for a WR becoming a pro... but the part he's supposed to do naturally - CATCH... he justcan't.. Not on easy passes anyways, only circus grabs. It's a shame, but it's time to move on and bench his %##.

Secondly - sticking with wide receivers... at least once a game, Ben throws a pass to Santonio where Holmes is not even looking, and generally not running thecorrect route. Today it cost us 6 points. I'd think to possibly blame Ben if he did it with ANY other WR on the team, but it's apparent now thatSantonio does not understand the offense yet the way he's supposed to, and it's starting to cost us points in the opposite direction now. He needs agood kick in the %##, or he's going to get himself benched also. He's making Ben look ridiculous and costing us games with that crap.

Third - execution has to get better in the red zone. Settling for way too many field goals when we get in crunch time - part of this is offensive line troublesi suppose, not being able to pound the ball we want to. But I want to see Moore in the game if we're not going to truly be able to run between the tackles.He at least becomes a thread out of the backfield to score, and he has a nose for the endzone.

Last - we do not look tough this year. Teams are not going to fear us based on reputation alone, we are not hitting the same way we did last year and we justseem to have lost the fire.. especially defensively. Losing Troy is not an excuse - Carter is good enough to fill in and have our defense still be imposing.They had several chances on that last drive to make a play to end the game and could not get it done. That's not Steelers football whatsoever.

Time to get it together fellas, or this season is going to spiral on us quickly. We do not look like World Champions at all right now, and it's much moreof a mindset than a talent problem.

I wholeheartedly agree Crafsty. I couldnt have said it better. Sweed needs to be reduced to our 5th WR behind Wallace, whp had his 1st 100 yard game. I have noproblem with more pass attempts than runs, but the WR core needs to get it together. Whether its Hines getting a penalty, Holmes dropping passes or Sweed justbeing clueless. Also, more incorporation of the TE's would cool. I dont know what the hell happened the last drive defensively. Carter is good enough, butIMO he's more of a run stopping SS. They're not tough on defense as they used to be. All of that needs to fixed this upcoming week because Rivers andco. and score points.

Like I said in the game thread, I'm not in panic mode. They can and I believe will turn it around.

Arians called a conservative game towards the end, and while the D should've done their job, they should've been scoring points and playing to win, notplaying to lose.

I understand that there were missed opportunities and mistakes, but he can't keep callin' games this way. Especially if the D keeps playin' like ithas.

Sweed -
laugh.gif
I wouldn't say he's done but Mike Wallace looked great today so he better get his %+!* together. It would be a shame to see that pickwaisted when they could've used that for an O-Lineman or something.

Holmes and Ben need to get on the same page, also. I don't know what's wrong with Santonio but if he wants to be Ben's "go to" guy, hecan't keep droppin' footballs and runnin' the wrong routes.

It's gonna be a loooooong week...

Pretty much a must win, but for how I thought they might still be down last week, I have a feeling they are going to come out firing on Sunday. I think Meweldebeing in at RB will actually help, and Mike Wallace continues to impress. Shaun at the 4th WR will be an upgrade (sad since Sweed had such a good preseason, hejust gets so nervous). Anyway, defense NEEDS to play better, there seems to be no fire in them, Woodley and Harrison being contained, no Timmons flying throughthe middle, c'mon LeBeau, get it going!

Yeah. LeBeau needs to switch up the blitzing schemes. Start bringing Timmons or Farrior up the middle or something. But teams counter that by throwing quickslant and out routes because our corners play 10 yards deep
smh.gif

I just heard Parker isnt playing today. So Mendenhall and Moore, more than likely Moore will have to step it up.

Interestingly I think LaMarr Woodley has less tackles than Troy Polamalu, who's been since the 1st half in the 1st game. LeBeau's been�dropping�him�into coverage in TP absence.
http://www.fanhouse.com/tag/LaMarr+Woodley/

EDIT: We also quietly�have the #5 offense in the league and #6 defense. SSSHHHHH! Dont tell nobody.
happy.gif
wink.gif

Gotta roll these next two games and then the Steelers are back in the thick ofit. Ben looks great this year. Troy needs to sit out this and probably nextweekend, need him fully healthy

Interesting video about Woodley... i've been wondering the same thing myself. Although I think the entire linebacking corps has been lacking this year fromthe last couple. Harrison finally turned it on this last game, but even he was a bit quiet. Not sure what's going on with the defense. The line seemspretty mediocre so far, too.

Haha, welcome, not a ton on here, which is strange since the Steelers have probably the largest fanbase in the world. Oh well

Bad news and good news, fellas. I'll start with the bad. Aaron Smith is done for the season with a shoulder injury.
frown.gif
His second time being placed on IR. His first was the '07 season, afterwhich the Jags, Rams and Ravens ran all over us. Literally.

The good news is Troy and Willie will more than likely be back. And even more good news is that we're ranked in the top 10 in offense and defense.
happy.gif
Looks like the o-line's strength may be pass blocking.

The loss of Smith could devestate this team. Hopefully Ziggy can show up and continue what he did in the preseason along with Eason, Travis and Sunny. Pittbetter dominate Cleveland, I see Ben having a career type day

I think Travis and Eason will replace Aaron more than Ziggy. I read Ziggy isnt as ready as those two are. And Ben is on pace for a 525+ pass attempt season, aswell as highs in all other categories.

Some people don't understand how important Smith is to that D. He's the definition of underrated.

Sucks, but I'm optimistic guys can come in and do a half way decent job in replacing him.

I'm not worried about Cleveland, then again, who knows what's going to happen on that field
laugh.gif

is this thread like my red sox thread? 3 or 4 of you running it even tho the team def has one of the largest fan bases ever?
laugh.gif

I have question for you steeler fans, Does anybody in Steeler conuntry view The Browns as rivals anymore????????? I know a lot of you won't admit it but Iknow some of you have to miss the days when this game was actually a rivalray.

Even here in Cleveland it isn't what it use to be due the fact you guys have won 11 staright and we haven't won a game there since Tim Couch had thegame of his life

I consider the Ravens the true rival, the Browns team moved with Modell, and Art was a part of the "historic" rivalry. This new Cleveland team justdoesn't cut it, I know they "have the history" according to the NFL, but the Ravens are Modell's Browns. Sad that it all went down, Iremember Pitt supporting Cleveland to keep them there

Back
Top Bottom