Official Pittsburgh Steelers Season Thread (6-5) Vol. Return of the 6x Champs

Ha ha Titans keep stomping towels while the Steelers keep hoisting trophies up. Pretty happy about who made it through waivers

Well, tomorrow is GAMEDAY!!
pimp.gif

Some injury I saw were Timmons and Stapleton. I think we all knew about these two though. Keyaron Fox will start in place of LT.

I think Keyaron Fox will do a fantastic job filling in for LT. This guy is an absolute beast, who saw that sack from the last preseason game where he ragdolled that D-lineman. Put a guy with that kind of strength and ability under LeBeau and even as a backup hes better than a lot of starters in other teams.

Its gonna be soooooo good to have the NFL back with the Steelers smackin around lendale white's attitude right back into his mouth.

Oww!! Steelers season has officially arrived in Pittsburgh, my life is meaningful again
pimp.gif

Ps. Its crazy down here!!

smh.gif
I wished I could be there. Hell I dont even live in PA, Im in NJ. But whateva.
pimp.gif
LETS DO THIS!!!!

Let's get it done boys. Not worried too much about tonight's outcome, just hope we look fired up and ready to defend the title.

pimp.gif
an hour to go, i can hardly wait.having NFL back in my life is appreciated.

good food .. check
couple of friends .. check
good beers .. check
terrible towel .. check
last minute desperate search to find the HDMI cable that sister misplaced ..check

im set! high-definition victory here we come!

We got it done guys.

Ben started shakey, looked great to finish.

Running game needs serious help... Moore proved me a smart man tonight, he needs all of Mendenhall's snaps and maybe even some of FWP's.

Then again.. give Tenn credit, they are miserable to run against. So we'll see.

Special teams won us this game... they were phenomenal - when's the last blocked kick we've had?
laugh.gif

Gonna miss Troy.. our linebackers did a pretty good job, sometimes better than others. Our guys up front I was pretty happy with, and our secondary - outsideof the back to back miscues when Troy went out... Was pretty good otherwise against a meager WR corps.

Overall - it's a good win.. glad we battled back from two different situations, proving our heart early on to fans and to the players themselves.

Let's get healed up, rested, and keep it rolling.

I love how Logan looked on ST and great catch by Mike Wallace. Get healthy Troy, next week will be tough but very winnable

Got Damn our o-line cant get a push. I expected the Titans to play the run tough but last night made me sick. Elsewhere we looked good. If we're lucky,we'll have TP back after the MCL sprain come mid-late October. But I dont know what to say about the run offense though.

Steelers Deliver again for TV...

By BOB LABRIOLA
Steelers.com

The workhorse for the networks that are partnered with the National Football League came through once again.

The Pittsburgh Steelers consistently delivered television's biggest numbers throughout the 2008 season all the way to Super Bowl XLIII, which was the most watched broadcast in American television history.

In Super Bowl XLIII, the Steelers staged a thrilling comeback to defeat the Arizona Cardinals and win an NFL-best sixth Lombardi Trophy.

It's a new season for the Steelers and the rest of the NFL, but it turned out to be the same results for the television networks..

The Thursday night game between the Steelers and the Tennessee Titans that opened the 2009 NFL season was the most watched NFL Kickoff since the concept's inception, according to official national ratings data released by Nielsen Media Research.

The Steelers won the game in overtime, 13-10, and the dramatics inherent in such a contest helped the telecast draw an average audience of 20.9 million viewers. The previous high for the NFL Kickoff was the 2006 edition between the Steelers and Dolphins - the first Thursday night NFL Kickoff game on NBC - and that was seen by 19.2 million people.

So, the Steelers broke the record that they already held.

Also released by Nielsen Media Research were two other lists: the Most Watched Sports Programs since Super Bowl XLIII, and the Top Metered Markets for the 2009 NFL Kickoff game.

As for the most watched sports programs since Super Bowl XLIII, Steelers-Titans was first, with 20.9 million viewers, followed by the NCAA Championship Game between North Carolina and Michigan State, and The Kentucky Derby.

Other notable sporting events last Thursday's Steelers' telecast bettered were games 3-4-5 of the NBA Finals, the Daytona 500 and the final round of The Masters. And it's worth noting that while all of those other events crowned champions, the Steelers' telecast was simply the opening game of a regular season schedule.

As for the top metered markets for Steelers-Titans, Pittsburgh was the runaway leader with a 49.6 rating and a 70 share. The share indicates that 70 percent of the televisions in use in the Pittsburgh market last Thursday were tuned to the Steelers game.

Second on the metered list was Nashville with a 40.1 rating and a 56 share, followed by Baltimore (20.5, 33), Las Vegas (20, 32), New Orleans (18.8/27), Cleveland (18.7/30), Memphis (18.2/25), Knoxville (18.0/27), Washington D.C., (17.3/29) and Norfolk (16.9/27).

pimp.gif

I think the ground game will be a bit better this game, but still not what it should be. With Urlacher being out it will make it a bit easier for us...flipside with Troy being out it will be easier for them. Bears are always a solid team but i dont think they stand a chance. Especially with that looney tune QB,never liked that guy.

I have to give 'em their props, they won w/a rookie, BLACK coach AND they own da most championships!!!

MIke Wallace, New Orleans Native (Algiers, 15th Ward)

Sucks I won't see all of the game today, but I feel pretty confident about it. I wish I went up to Chicago for this game, I should've looked at theschedule better. Timmons should play a bit, just hope he gets/stays healthy

its a sunday
pimp.gif
game day! gotta go get in my run before the games begin,get some good food and settle in. i forgot just how much i look forward to sundays till nfl season begins again.

not having troy will definitely have a visible impact. the guy was the corner stone of lebeau's schemes and his instincts will be missed. i don't doubtwe'll do well on D regardless, we're still being instructed by a HoF'er. Hope to see LT get some burn this game, he wouldn't be 100% but a fewplays would help. I think the linebacking core will have a bigger impact this game than the opener. The titans O-line was extremely solid but we should have abetter time causing havoc in the backfield at chicago. we saw what constant pressure did to cutler, it frustrated him and that lead to mistakes. suffice to sayhe will be more careful and they will have a better game plan. But Cutler still has to prove to bears fans that hes the future and that is weighing on hisshoulders which is partly leading to erratic throws trying to make something out of nothing and lebeau will no doubt look to take advantage of that.

Almost gametime guys... pretty pumped. Let's make it 2-0 today.

I think the Bears are ready to fold already under Cutler's leadership... we just need to give them a little nudge in that direction. Let's get on themearly and stay on them. Hoping for better effort from our secondary today, and more consistency from our offensive line in the running game. And of course, aW.

Back
Top Bottom