Official PC thread.

Anyone school me on wake-up-on-lan? I want to run a WOL application on my iphone to wake up on my computer remotely. First do I have to be connect to the LAN for WOL to work or can I do it remotely?

Anyone school me on wake-up-on-lan? I want to run a WOL application on my iphone to wake up on my computer remotely. First do I have to be connect to the LAN for WOL to work or can I do it remotely?

The key you sent was also activated.

Im too much of a !@$@$ for horror games anyway 
laugh.gif

The key you sent was also activated.

Im too much of a !@$@$ for horror games anyway 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

the one you gave me was already activated.
frown.gif

wanted to see how bad the game taxed my computer with settings on high
metro 2033 stressed the !!!% out of my 5850 on max

the one you gave me was already activated.
frown.gif

wanted to see how bad the game taxed my computer with settings on high
metro 2033 stressed the !!!% out of my 5850 on max

Soo.... Dell cancelled my Sandy Bridge XPS 8300 cause of the faulty 2600. 
grin.gif

Ordered an i7 iMac instead. 
smokin.gif

Soo.... Dell cancelled my Sandy Bridge XPS 8300 cause of the faulty 2600. 
grin.gif

Ordered an i7 iMac instead. 
smokin.gif

what's a good mATX case to use? I'm debating between an HTPC (i dont even have a tv right now -.-) or building my cousins a nice little gaming PC as a joint bday gift.

was thinking of going with a NZXT Vulcan if i did go the gaming pc route, or a thermaltake lanbox lite if i went the HTPC route.

what's a good mATX case to use? I'm debating between an HTPC (i dont even have a tv right now -.-) or building my cousins a nice little gaming PC as a joint bday gift.

was thinking of going with a NZXT Vulcan if i did go the gaming pc route, or a thermaltake lanbox lite if i went the HTPC route.

If you go the HTPC route please post it in here. I want to build one too whenever I get my funds back up to a decent amount.

Who played Witcher? Witcher 2 got me hype, I need to check out the original

If you go the HTPC route please post it in here. I want to build one too whenever I get my funds back up to a decent amount.

Who played Witcher? Witcher 2 got me hype, I need to check out the original

will do. just got my old job back and hopefully i get payed what i used to get payed before i got laid off. if so, i shall be building it this month if all goes well.

will do. just got my old job back and hopefully i get payed what i used to get payed before i got laid off. if so, i shall be building it this month if all goes well.

Usually when I build a HTPC type of build I just get the barebones off newegg, comes with mobo and psu already installed. Also if you plan to watch and record tv a cablecard might be a good option. You'd get all the functionality of the digital cable box except for ondemand.

Usually when I build a HTPC type of build I just get the barebones off newegg, comes with mobo and psu already installed. Also if you plan to watch and record tv a cablecard might be a good option. You'd get all the functionality of the digital cable box except for ondemand.

dont need cablecard, i have directv.

just need this for light web browsing and to store my dvd collection/music and to play blurays since im getting rid of my dust collecting ps3.

dont need cablecard, i have directv.

just need this for light web browsing and to store my dvd collection/music and to play blurays since im getting rid of my dust collecting ps3.

I'll have a budget of $1100 pretty soon. I'll wait to see how bulldozer perform when it finally comes out. But yo

[h3]Battlefield 3 This Fall with 64-Player Support[/h3]

5:00 PM - February 4, 2011byKevin Parrish-
source: EA

DICE and EA reveal a few details about Battlefield 3.

[img]http://media.bestofmicro.com/Battlefield-3,2-D-280021-1.jpg[/img]
loupe.gif
ZoomThe official Battlefield blog over on EA's website announces that Battlefield 3 will finally ship this Fall. The direct sequel will arrive just over six years after the June 2005 release of Battlefield 2 for the PC. The franchise itself originally kick-started with the release of Battlefield 1942 back in 2002.

Powered by the Frostbite 2 engine, Battlefield 3 will be a true successor to Battlefield 2 and include a single-player campaign, a co-op campaign, and 64-player multiplayer support for the PC version right out of the box. Unfortunately, little else was provided in the brief update save for an option to pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition without listing what the package will actually contain.

According to the blog, the first big reveal will be through the March issue of Game Informer. As with the blog, the magazine doesn't spill the beans on line, wanting anxious gamers to rush to their mailboxes or their local bookstore. However the magazine gives a little insight into why it took DICE so long to develop the third installment.

"DICE has honed the concept for the true sequel for years, but it wasn't until the company developed the powerful new Frostbite 2 engine that it felt all the pieces were in place to create a proper follow-up," the magazine teases. "Armed with powerful upgrades like deferred rendering, real-time radiosity, a new animation system borrowed from the EA Sports label, and an exponential leap in destructibility, executive producer Patrick Bach dubs Frostbite 2 'the best piece of technology on the market when it comes to building games.'"

Currently Battlefield 3 is heading to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC this fall. Expect more details to emerge as we get closer to GDC later this month.

Back
Top Bottom