Official PC thread.

I'll have a budget of $1100 pretty soon. I'll wait to see how bulldozer perform when it finally comes out. But yo

[h3]Battlefield 3 This Fall with 64-Player Support[/h3]

5:00 PM - February 4, 2011byKevin Parrish-
source: EA

DICE and EA reveal a few details about Battlefield 3.

[img]http://media.bestofmicro.com/Battlefield-3,2-D-280021-1.jpg[/img]
loupe.gif
ZoomThe official Battlefield blog over on EA's website announces that Battlefield 3 will finally ship this Fall. The direct sequel will arrive just over six years after the June 2005 release of Battlefield 2 for the PC. The franchise itself originally kick-started with the release of Battlefield 1942 back in 2002.

Powered by the Frostbite 2 engine, Battlefield 3 will be a true successor to Battlefield 2 and include a single-player campaign, a co-op campaign, and 64-player multiplayer support for the PC version right out of the box. Unfortunately, little else was provided in the brief update save for an option to pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition without listing what the package will actually contain.

According to the blog, the first big reveal will be through the March issue of Game Informer. As with the blog, the magazine doesn't spill the beans on line, wanting anxious gamers to rush to their mailboxes or their local bookstore. However the magazine gives a little insight into why it took DICE so long to develop the third installment.

"DICE has honed the concept for the true sequel for years, but it wasn't until the company developed the powerful new Frostbite 2 engine that it felt all the pieces were in place to create a proper follow-up," the magazine teases. "Armed with powerful upgrades like deferred rendering, real-time radiosity, a new animation system borrowed from the EA Sports label, and an exponential leap in destructibility, executive producer Patrick Bach dubs Frostbite 2 'the best piece of technology on the market when it comes to building games.'"

Currently Battlefield 3 is heading to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC this fall. Expect more details to emerge as we get closer to GDC later this month.

You guys really play PC games like that? Ive played PC games before back in the day (Quake 3 Arena days) but now a days it seems that PC gaming is a big waste of money. The only thing I can really say that PC gaming has over consoles is modding the games. Outside of that I cant really justify the amount of money it cost to get into PC gaming.

You guys really play PC games like that? Ive played PC games before back in the day (Quake 3 Arena days) but now a days it seems that PC gaming is a big waste of money. The only thing I can really say that PC gaming has over consoles is modding the games. Outside of that I cant really justify the amount of money it cost to get into PC gaming.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

you can get a gaming rig around, 700. It'll look better than a console game will. Plus, it's upgradeable.

plus, like you mentioned. you can mod the games. it has a better and bigger community. console FPS games do not touch pc FPS in any way, shape, or form. During steam sales you can get games dirt cheap sometimes. The ONLY negative with pc gaming is the fact you can't sell back the games once you're done with them. Oh, and DRM can be a !!#@$.

IMO, I don't think it's a waste of money. But, I'm a PC gamer so I'm a bit bias
laugh.gif

Speaking of gaming. Ordered the NZXT Vulcan. My cousins are going to get a nice little surprise later this month.

you can get a gaming rig around, 700. It'll look better than a console game will. Plus, it's upgradeable.

plus, like you mentioned. you can mod the games. it has a better and bigger community. console FPS games do not touch pc FPS in any way, shape, or form. During steam sales you can get games dirt cheap sometimes. The ONLY negative with pc gaming is the fact you can't sell back the games once you're done with them. Oh, and DRM can be a !!#@$.

IMO, I don't think it's a waste of money. But, I'm a PC gamer so I'm a bit bias
laugh.gif

Speaking of gaming. Ordered the NZXT Vulcan. My cousins are going to get a nice little surprise later this month.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I need to get a headset.
Are there any that will work with both PC and 360? Cause I need a new one for my 360 as well
Logitech F540, i have it for my PS3 and Xbox and i love them ..they work for PC too ....plus its wireless!!

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I need to get a headset.
Are there any that will work with both PC and 360? Cause I need a new one for my 360 as well
Logitech F540, i have it for my PS3 and Xbox and i love them ..they work for PC too ....plus its wireless!!

i don't get what you're trying to say. how is pc gaming a waste of money? graphics are better than ps3/360, most games available on consoles are also on pc, ability to use mouse/keyboard or 360 controller, full 1080p support for all recent games, free dlc packs, etc. taking into account the amount of time you are going to be spending on this computer for the next 10 years, i'd say a high end computer is worth every dime. saves you a lot of time in terms of loading time for programs and just overall productivity.

i don't get what you're trying to say. how is pc gaming a waste of money? graphics are better than ps3/360, most games available on consoles are also on pc, ability to use mouse/keyboard or 360 controller, full 1080p support for all recent games, free dlc packs, etc. taking into account the amount of time you are going to be spending on this computer for the next 10 years, i'd say a high end computer is worth every dime. saves you a lot of time in terms of loading time for programs and just overall productivity.

What monitors are ya'll using? I have my eyes on the 23.6 in asus. Seems decent enough.

I'm still using an old school full tower cheiftec case which I think I'll keep. Thinking about cutting two 120mm fan holes at the top.

What monitors are ya'll using? I have my eyes on the 23.6 in asus. Seems decent enough.

I'm still using an old school full tower cheiftec case which I think I'll keep. Thinking about cutting two 120mm fan holes at the top.

^ lil 15 inch baby monitor 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

dont plan on upgrading till it breaks though, then i'll probably get a 20 something inch asus as well

^ lil 15 inch baby monitor 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

dont plan on upgrading till it breaks though, then i'll probably get a 20 something inch asus as well

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

[h1]Asus 27" LCD[/h1]

[h1]Asus 27" LCD[/h1]

so im looking for a decent gaming laptop and i came across this alienware m11x for ~$811.

- Intel Core i5 520UM Processor at 1.06GHz, 3MB L3 cache
- 4GB DDR3-SDRAM at 800 MHz
- 500GB 7200 RPM Seagate Momentus SATA HDD
- Nvidia GeForce 335M GT with 1GB of RAM plus Intel HD Integrated Graphics
- Nvidia Optimus automatic graphics card switching technology

so im looking for a decent gaming laptop and i came across this alienware m11x for ~$811.

- Intel Core i5 520UM Processor at 1.06GHz, 3MB L3 cache
- 4GB DDR3-SDRAM at 800 MHz
- 500GB 7200 RPM Seagate Momentus SATA HDD
- Nvidia GeForce 335M GT with 1GB of RAM plus Intel HD Integrated Graphics
- Nvidia Optimus automatic graphics card switching technology

Originally Posted by topherr

my pc blue screened. anyone to fix?

Gonna need more info than that.

24" Samsung LED

Originally Posted by topherr

my pc blue screened. anyone to fix?

Gonna need more info than that.

24" Samsung LED

I'm doing my first build. It will mostly be used for video/photo editing and a little gaming. So far I have purchased:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus
PSU: Corsair TX650
OS Drive: Seagate 7200rpm 500gb SATA drive
ODD: LG DVD drive
rosewill card reader
RAM: Wintec 4gb(2 X 2gb) DDR3 1333

I was saving up to get the I5 2500k(Sandy Bridge) with new motherboard but after the recall I think I'm settling on the I5 760. Video card will be a Radeon 5770.

Is there a way to get Windows 7 64bit for less than $130. I really hate I have to buy an OS.

I'm doing my first build. It will mostly be used for video/photo editing and a little gaming. So far I have purchased:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus
PSU: Corsair TX650
OS Drive: Seagate 7200rpm 500gb SATA drive
ODD: LG DVD drive
rosewill card reader
RAM: Wintec 4gb(2 X 2gb) DDR3 1333

I was saving up to get the I5 2500k(Sandy Bridge) with new motherboard but after the recall I think I'm settling on the I5 760. Video card will be a Radeon 5770.

Is there a way to get Windows 7 64bit for less than $130. I really hate I have to buy an OS.

^^you a student?
I got mine for free through MSDNAA

and that laptop looks fine to me bro. Maybe someone else that knows more about mobile gaming can shed more light on it

^^you a student?
I got mine for free through MSDNAA

and that laptop looks fine to me bro. Maybe someone else that knows more about mobile gaming can shed more light on it

Back
Top Bottom