Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Figure this is a good place to ask

What you guys using for shower gel/soap/body wash?

Ive been using basic unscented dove becauae id rather let my cologne do the talking

Jw if people have any better ideas/soaps?

Figure this is a good place to ask

What you guys using for shower gel/soap/body wash?

Ive been using basic unscented dove becauae id rather let my cologne do the talking

Jw if people have any better ideas/soaps?
Diesel Only The Brave shower gel and aftershave.

With the Only The Brave cologne obviously.

I just use the Dove for Men line. The body wash and the soap.

Simple, the smell isn't strong, and it gets the job done.

Last edited:
:lol: @ us all using Dove

Yo StillIn im on the Bond site but cant find HTTP? Where did you order yours from?

I use the dove men care deep clean bar soap. Use to do body washes, just didn't feel as clean.
Get an Axe Detailer to use with shower gel.  You will never go back

That is what I used, went back to the washcloth and the bar or just the bar. Just wasn't gettin in them cheeks like that y'know? Pause. I still use it interchangeably though, just mainly soap.

Last edited:
What does basic as hell actually mean?

You are in the minority in your hate for it but to each their own

I'm gonna guess you are more of a Gucci Guilty guy?

It smells nice, but its a basic Citrus scent, that's very hard to smell unless youre close up on the wearer(verified by different folks in my circle).

I've never smelled Guilty, so cant comment. I generally use Jean Paul, Burberry Brit/London, and a Sean john I got as a gift years ago.

Not claiming to be a connoisseur, just an opinioned consumer.

Last edited:
went to macys yesterday and tested the Clinique Happy. Not for me. Not a bad smell, just felt real clinically. Not really as nice, imo, as I was hoping for based off of the reviews. I don't like aqui di gio tho either and a lot of reviewers compared some of the notes to that. shame that i didnt like it too being that it was so cheap.

That hurts my heart man lol

You probably aren't big into citrus scents?

I mean, they're alright, and this one smelled decent, it just didnt smell or feel like a signature scent for myself, ya know. Know how sometimes you can just smell a fragrance and in one way or another, you can completely connect to it, feel like it describes your personality, whether it's sensual, strong, subtle, sweet, etc. This one didn't give me that instant connection. Gotta pass brooo lol

I use the dove men care deep clean bar soap. Use to do body washes, just didn't feel as clean.

That is what I used, went back to the washcloth and the bar or just the bar. Just wasn't gettin in them cheeks like that y'know? Pause. I still use it interchangeably though, just mainly soap.

so sometimes guys wash with just a bar of soap, and no towel? how does this work exactly? i always see them do it on the commercials lol, doesn't seem like an efficient use of soap loll.

I just roap with lever 2000 or zest and a towel bros. I have irish spring and the dial for men too. I just want something to get me clean, nothing too fancy. Deodorants, I use aerosol, either arrid, degree, old spice, or rightguard. Always the invisible sprays, no white chunks in the pits. And no body sprays. just that stuff and colognes/parfums.

It def does lol

I'm gonna mention it, they told me when they do their launch they plan to use it

When I took the pic I just did it bc it was a cool shot and they liked the digital meets the street concept

Where did Bond see your pic ? I'm sure they aren't on NT lol

Some guy in my building today had on Pure Malt I am pretty sure. In this hot/humid heat, he literally left a scent trail when I walked in an empty stairway. Too much for the summer 
sick.gif

went to macys yesterday and tested the Clinique Happy. Not for me. Not a bad smell, just felt real clinically. Not really as nice, imo, as I was hoping for based off of the reviews. I don't like aqui di gio tho either and a lot of reviewers compared some of the notes to that. shame that i didnt like it too being that it was so cheap.

That hurts my heart man lol

You probably aren't big into citrus scents?

I mean, they're alright, and this one smelled decent, it just didnt smell or feel like a signature scent for myself, ya know. Know how sometimes you can just smell a fragrance and in one way or another, you can completely connect to it, feel like it describes your personality, whether it's sensual, strong, subtle, sweet, etc. This one didn't give me that instant connection. Gotta pass brooo lol

so sometimes guys wash with just a bar of soap, and no towel? how does this work exactly? i always see them do it on the commercials lol, doesn't seem like an efficient use of soap loll.

I just roap with lever 2000 or zest and a towel bros. I have irish spring and the dial for men too. I just want something to get me clean, nothing too fancy. Deodorants, I use aerosol, either arrid, degree, old spice, or rightguard. Always the invisible sprays, no white chunks in the pits. And no body sprays. just that stuff and colognes/parfums.

Usually when I'm OD tired or for something like a quick pre gym wash I'll use just the bar. Works pretty well, through every crevice, washes off afterwards.

Last edited:
Looking to pick up Creed Aventus in few days. Should I check out Bond No 9 http as well or pass? Heard they may smell similar and want to have some diversity among my fragrances

I might have to jump on the men's dove bar. I'm Irish spring myself. But after the gym I use men's dove body wash, so I switch it up.

So let me ask this, fruit flavored lotions like bath and body works with a fruit scent colonge, too much?

Looking to pick up Creed Aventus in few days. Should I check out Bond No 9 http as well or pass? Heard they may smell similar and want to have some diversity among my fragrances

They are both really good and diverse enough to enjoy both IMO

I might have to jump on the men's dove bar. I'm Irish spring myself. But after the gym I use men's dove body wash, so I switch it up.

So let me ask this, fruit flavored lotions like bath and body works with a fruit scent colonge, too much?

An unscented soap would work best with a cologne of any type.

Any soap with a strong scent could clash with your cologne

Back
Top Bottom