Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Just ran out of YSL l homme which I've used pretty regularly for the past 2years.

Is that a good cologne for everyday use? I feel like it wears off somewhat quick but I love the scent. I need to get educated, never saw it for more than a daily spritz, but many more characteristics to consider

Any others I should look into since I like that? Man I wish this thread was on some scratch an sniff type

Last edited:
Just ran out of YSL l homme which I've used pretty regularly for the past 2years.

Is that a good cologne for everyday use? I feel like it wears off somewhat quick but I love the scent. I need to get educated, never saw it for more than a daily spritz, but many more characteristics to consider

Any others I should look into since I like that? Man I wish this thread was on some scratch an sniff type

You might wanna peep John Varvatos stuff

Looks like its just me that cant smell aventus anymore lol, after my last post about it I decided to just do an extra spray out of the normal 3, ive gotten two compliments from.... guys this weekend but ill take it haha.

Looks like its just me that cant smell aventus anymore lol, after my last post about it I decided to just do an extra spray out of the normal 3, ive gotten two compliments from.... guys this weekend but ill take it haha.

I was at a bar sunday night sitting next to some random chick and she wanted this pineapple beer they had, she told me its because she could smell pineapple and it smelled sooo good

I didn't say anything but in my head I just thought "thank you Creed, thank you"

Finally tried Clinqie Happy for Men based on StillIn's rec

Unreal! Cheap and had me smelling my wrists all damn day! Insta copped for 38.99

3 sprays of Aventus? Damn ive never sprayed any of my colognes more than once

Do ya'll spray on your clothes. I've heard yes and no on this one. I usually do 1-2 on the neck, 1 on the wrist and rub them together, and 1 on my shirt in the chest area. I've heard people say spray on your bare chest so it gives a more intimate feeling requiring girls to get closer to smell you lol. Verdict?

Hmmm. Interesting q. In middle/high school i would spray onto my shirt

Late high school/early college i'd spray onto my chest

Past two years ive only sprayed onto my rifht wrist, rubbed onto left wrist then rubbed each side of my neck with said wrist

I will start trying a spray on each wrist then dab on neck and see how strong it is

Do ya'll spray on your clothes. I've heard yes and no on this one. I usually do 1-2 on the neck, 1 on the wrist and rub them together, and 1 on my shirt in the chest area. I've heard people say spray on your bare chest so it gives a more intimate feeling requiring girls to get closer to smell you lol. Verdict?

I spray my clothes with citrusy scents bc it helps stay longer

I generally do neck, arms, wrists

Don't rub the cologne it messes up the notes, something I used to always do then someone corrected me and it makes sense now lol

Last edited:
I spray my clothes with citrusy scents bc it helps stay longer

I generally do neck, arms, wrists

Don't rub the cologne it messes up the notes, something I used to always do then someone corrected me and it makes sense now lol
I think I have heard the rubbing thing before.

I'm probably going to finally get an EDP soon, most likely Creed Aventus or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. I just feel like it's worth spending the extra dough for something that's higher quality and will probably last longer (I'm assuming you don't need to spray as much as you would with an EDT). 

Do you think either of those two scents are versatile. I would probably get it for next semester. Something I could use to go to class and yet still wear out on the weekends.

Also, anybody interested in doing some splits for the higher end fragrances? Kron on basenotes doesn't ship to the US anymore

I think I have heard the rubbing thing before.

I'm probably going to finally get an EDP soon, most likely Creed Aventus or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. I just feel like it's worth spending the extra dough for something that's higher quality and will probably last longer (I'm assuming you don't need to spray as much as you would with an EDT). 

Do you think either of those two scents are versatile. I would probably get it for next semester. Something I could use to go to class and yet still wear out on the weekends.

the higher end niche's are def worth it depending on which ones you go with

Tobacco Vanille is not versatile at all IMO; I also think it's very overrated as almost all those high end Tom Ford's are.

Aventus is much more versatile or even something like Original Santel would be good as well

The only Tom Ford I have is Neroli Portofino and it's because I got it cheap as hell

the higher end niche's are def worth it depending on which ones you go with

Tobacco Vanille is not versatile at all IMO; I also think it's very overrated as almost all those high end Tom Ford's are.

Aventus is much more versatile or even something like Original Santel would be good as well

The only Tom Ford I have is Neroli Portofino and it's because I got it cheap as hell
I think I might go with Aventus as my first higher end one. I've just heard WAY TOO MANY great things about it. I'm thinking about just getting the 1 or 1.7 oz for now just to see how I like it. It will def be used for daily use as well

I think I might go with Aventus as my first higher end one. I've just heard WAY TOO MANY great things about it. I'm thinking about just getting the 1 or 1.7 oz for now just to see how I like it. It will def be used for daily use as well

you won't go wrong

I am about to re-up with the 2.5 oz

Bond 9 has something similar it seems coming out on June 30th but it's an online exclusive and would need to be a blind buy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom