Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

I know the word hype gets thrown around awfully casually but in my circles, wether it be the office at work or chilling with the crew, I don't think it's even possible for a cologne to be "hyped" unless it's endorsed by a legit celebrity. I have a hard time imagining very many of you see Aventus hyped i.e. mentioned often anywhere but extremely  niche places like this thread or other boards dedicated to fragrance.  Promotions and advertising don't count. 

Last edited:

I know the word hype gets thrown around awfully casually but in my circles, wether it be the office at work or chilling with the crew, I don't think it's even possible for a cologne to be "hyped" unless it's endorsed by a legit celebrity. I have a hard time imagining very many of you see Aventus hyped i.e. mentioned often anywhere but extremely  niche places like this thread or other boards dedicated to fragrance.  Promotions and advertising don't count. 
Seriously, done and done. It's just hype in the frag comm and everywhere else, no one cares. Just continue smelling good fellas.

DHI drops panties, tho. and Dior Homme is no slouch. 

A chick I was dating last year said she went home with me off the strength of DHI. After smelling that at the bar, she had made up her mind that she was going home with me. 

I did the same off Armani Code Sports once, a bad one too. I wasted most of my Aventus, I was wearing it to work and I work for the Army. :smh: Now I just wear my SJ Unforgiveable to work

A chick I was dating last year said she went home with me off the strength of DHI. After smelling that at the bar, she had made up her mind that she was going home with me.

Your boy is out here struggling. Candles are what seal the deal for me, but to get girls there I have to put in overtime. Makes me rethink this whole cologne thing :lol: :frown:

Your boy is out here struggling. Candles are what seal the deal for me, but to get girls there I have to put in overtime. Makes me rethink this whole cologne thing :lol: :frown:
I'm not saying you are, but, if the main reason you wear cologne is for women, which there's nothing wrong with that, you're better off wearing popular designer fragrances.

Your boy is out here struggling. Candles are what seal the deal for me, but to get girls there I have to put in overtime. Makes me rethink this whole cologne thing
laugh.gif
frown.gif
laugh.gif
, if you into candles; Le Labo, Byredo and especially Diptyque make super dope smellgoods in wax form. 

All of them have huge followings too, from bloggers lol. Sandalwood, black current, and if you can get your hands on oud/agarwood oils or actual bark they are aphrodisiacs. Gonna have the house smelling like a turkish massage parlor.

I'm not saying you are, but, if the main reason you wear cologne is for women, which there's nothing wrong with that, you're better off wearing popular designer fragrances.

That's the thing, I do have some in the rotation for the women when I go out :lol: :smh:. That's what I'm rethinking, I'm just gonna start wearing my regular scents instead of buying bottles I wear only a couple times a week.

:lol: , if you into candles; Le Labo, Byredo and especially Diptyque make super dope smellgoods in wax form. 

All of them have huge followings too, from bloggers lol. Sandalwood, black current, and if you can yget our hands on oud/agarwood oils or actual bark they are aphrodisiacs. Gonna have the house smelling like a turkish massage parlor.

I'll have to check those out. I've just been doing the Yankee Candle thing, time to step my game up :lol:. I've never been a fan of Sandalwood though, it's just too woody for me. I don't think I've smelled Black Current or Oud/Agarwood, but I could use some aphrodisiacs :pimp:.

Just got these Natural Soy Candles from Scentsational...the dauntless scent

They also sent me an extra one with my order.  First night I tried them out and broke a drought with this joint I was trying to get at.  Very manly look to them and great scent.

https://www.scentsational-products.com/index.cfm?fa=cart.main&moduleaction=product&fm_prod=188

side note: As I've added to the collection it gets harder and harder to select which cologne to wear each day.  

Last edited:
I'll have to check those out. I've just been doing the Yankee Candle thing, time to step my game up :lol:. I've never been a fan of Sandalwood though, it's just too woody for me. I don't think I've smelled Black Current or Oud/Agarwood, but I could use some aphrodisiacs :pimp:.

Yankee Candles are straight money in the crib; I have like 6 on deck at all times

Burn 1 in the living room and 1 in the bathroom

No shame
I wear them for women.

Colognes are like a supplement to social living imo.

They are fun. I wear diff stuff for diff occasions like most of you here I assume an I also tweak them.

Also while some popular ones are good. Nah it's good to be diff or not wear something everyone else is wearing.

Last edited:
No shame
I wear them for women.

Colognes are like a supplement to social living imo.

They are fun. I wear diff stuff for diff occasions like most of you here I assume an I also tweak them.

Also while some popular ones are good. Nah it's good to be diff or not wear something everyone else is wearing.
Trust me I'm not saying anything is wrong with that. It's just like.cars or shoes or anything really, people buy for all different reasons.
I guess what I meant to say is that designer fragrances are geared towards the masses and made to appeal to a large audience. So I feel he'd have better luck in that sense

Lolwut
Two words that I would NEVER expect to see associated with DH

the DH line is one of the best scents to attract women of all time. calling it kiddie trash is blasphemous, you must not interact with females at all

I'm not gonna be one of those dudes who claims it's an insta-smash formula, but it definitely helps :lol:
Ur right. I'm a nt virgin.
#halp

Sometimes dudes just post to post... Dior house is one of the best houses out there. Maybe this would be more down your alley: http://www.fragrantica.com/designers/Axe.html lmk if that helps.

:rofl:

I just expected something less synthetic. It just smells to alcohol like to me.

Back
Top Bottom