Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Burberry london is nice. I love the somewhat spicy scent. Long lasting too and compliments heavy

Well I can't front, that 2013 is really good!! I'm going to need a big bottle of that as well. Gotta get that eau De sauvage out the way though.... Now that juice is a masterpiece.

Yall dogging 1 Million :lol:

YSL L'Homme, 1 Million, and Bond No.9 Amber are my go to colognes .. I always get compliments

1 million is good but I get where ppl think it's to synthetic smelling. I smelled alot of alcohol throughout the dry down. The next day though, it smelled great. Girl at sephora told me it's her favorite b/c it smells like bubblegum candy in which I personally think she was right.

1 Million is marketed to the guy who has one cologne that is almost empty or upgraded from Axe or wants the entire place to smell him

I picture DJ Pauly D when I think of 1 Million

1 million is good but I get where ppl think it's to synthetic smelling. I smelled alot of alcohol throughout the dry down. The next day though, it smelled great. Girl at sephora told me it's her favorite b/c it smells like bubblegum candy in which I personally think she was right.
It could be my nose or it could be my skin OR it could very well be my niche-snobbery (joking). But I can't do One Million, it was the first cologne I purchased after I ran out of L'homme a year ago. Watched a ton of youtube reviews that hyped me up on it, wore it twice and never picked it up again. The synths I get from 1million aren't alcohol a la the initial spray of Millesime Imperiale which comes off natural afterwards, it's the overly pungent notes.

look at these notes; sparkling grapefruit, red orange, mint, rose, cinnamon, spices, blond leather, blond wood, patchouli and amber.

One of the best note line ups ever, and the best they can do is a general consensus smell of bubble gum? No development, no individual notes that stick out. 

You don't even have to hop over to the niche side to smell the difference, stay right in sephora/Macy's then smell Dior Homme/Intense, Chanel Allure Homme/Sport, Terre d'hermes, Bvlgari Black, Issey Miyake etc.. One may not even like the smell of those, but the quality and ingredients used are night and day. 

Pretty much everything that has come out over the past couple years have been these mass-marketed designer synth bombs; Versace Eros, RL Red, Everything from Gucci, Jay Z Gold, or citrus scents that last 2hrs max. Synth-bombs are good for one thing, to get you noticed.

/soapbox

It is.quite disappointing that so many of these new designer fragrances are either just boring and uninspired (made to measure, guilty) or just way too much (1 million, eros)

:lol: just look at gucci though, they went from arguably one of the best in designer fragrances to one of the absolute most boring

Gucci still produces nice scents. The problem is that it doesn't last long anymore. Back in the day they use to be a powerhouse b/c of quality, projection, longevity. Hopefully that changes. They need to start making more gucci envy though.

Last edited:
Gucci sold out to a bigger audience of cologne newbs

I'm hoping Chanel doesn't follow that Sport Extreme was very Gucci Guilty/1 Million type of scent

When you put the guilty line and made to measure against pour homme 1 &2, rush, envy, and others, it's a HUGE drop off imo. Those all had character, these new ones are just bland. They don't smell bad, but they don't have any performance or.character. Though, untill all those older ones become unavailable besides for absurd resale prices, it doesn't matter too much now.

Gucci Pour Homme II is worth every penny
Thanks bruh. I'll take your word for it 
pimp.gif

REPPED

It is.quite disappointing that so many of these new designer fragrances are either just boring and uninspired (made to measure, guilty) or just way too much (1 million, eros)

YES! My 38 yr old girlfriend works in skincare/parfum for 10+ years on 5th ave and she's put me on to soooo much, especially from the smaller niche houses. I'm sworn to secrecy but her grown & sexy game has definitely upgraded me.

If you are considering One Million, I would swerve towards SPICEBOMB, an affordable Tobacco Vanille knockoff & superior than One million in every way. I understand the love for One Million, it's super-sweet and young girls love that.

Follow Katie Smells on Youtube, she has great, vivid reviews on fragrance.

Dead-on review of One Million

Last edited:
After using Aventus and http ... my 1 million has not been touched ..

that 1milly was an impulse buy based off hyped up online reviews .. never again! |I

Back
Top Bottom