OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

This shoe is a problem...

Just copped the Red EXT... Caught up with all the colorways... I already have 3 more pairs compared to the VIIs...

Can't wait for the Easters...

Last edited:
a late night trade popped up. got my second pair. not bad, a great replacement for my kobe6 blackout, if anything a better casual wear replacement. now i can tear up my 6s on the court.
nthat.gif
Speaking of Kobe 6 Blackouts, Camarillo Nike outlet has them for $79.99.

This shoe is a problem!! Like what @mjrod said, I've 2 more arriving this wk from a swoosh hook up. I'm now aiming for the Easters. ID still like a pair of blue corals and super naturals but I dunno. The Kobe is a problem!

a late night trade popped up. got my second pair. not bad, a great replacement for my kobe6 blackout, if anything a better casual wear replacement. now i can tear up my 6s on the court. :nthat:

Speaking of Kobe 6 Blackouts, Camarillo Nike outlet has them for $79.99.
thanks for the heads up. thats a steal. might have to make a trip this weekend. hope they will still have pairs.

a late night trade popped up. got my second pair. not bad, a great replacement for my kobe6 blackout, if anything a better casual wear replacement. now i can tear up my 6s on the court. :nthat:

congrats fam :nthat: thats the only pair im looking for now.

Last edited:

congrats fam :nthat: thats the only pair im looking for now.
thanks. hope you find your pair at a good deal. these were the best looking pair for me. thinking of getting a pair of GC/XDR for ball after hearing all the good things about them (heard better than the 6s, instantly sold).

Anybody got recommendations for replacement shoelaces for the Kobe 8s? In particular I'm looking for white or gray for my blue lights, but its hard to find one with similar flatness/width as the stock Kobe 8 laces.

Only other shoes I've got are the Kobe 6s which I still need the laces for.

Last edited:
yep, this shoe is definitely a financial hurdle for me and a storage problem for MJRod.
I will say this though, we need some Laker colorways. Home + Away.

This shoe is a problem!! Like what @mjrod said, I've 2 more arriving this wk from a swoosh hook up. I'm now aiming for the Easters. ID still like a pair of blue corals and super naturals but I dunno. The Kobe is a problem!

yep, this shoe is definitely a financial hurdle for me and a storage problem for MJRod.
I will say this though, we need some Laker colorways. Home + Away.

Exactly guys... Got all the pairs so far and I feel like I'm playing Pokemon on this model...

But lakers colorways would be appreciated! Also, waiting for better iD options as well...

Last edited:
i envy you man. those galaxy sequalizer shorts are too dope. i wanted those, but there all sold out at the moment. 
Try talking to Eastbay you may be able to backorder it. I highly doubt it sold out, just moves fast thats all

Even if you're a non-Laker fan and you love the kobe 8 line, you should root for kobe and the Lakers to go far in the playoffs so we can see more colorways

Here's my order from Kickz

This is what they came in , they do ship double boxed :

Only difference is the inside sticker on the insole from the pair I had a while back from HOHs
-Inside Sticker
-No "suggested retail" tag
- They do come with all the Area 72 Accessories - Outer tag , Inside Newspaper

Pics- Shoes are flawless

Bonus (decided to mess around with the GID

Overall , I am very satisfied with ordering from kickz and I'm sure everyone that placed an order will be too .
did you get your order shipped to Los Angeles or do you live in europe right now?

Even if you're a non-Laker fan and you love the kobe 8 line, you should root for kobe and the Lakers to go far in the playoffs so we can see more colorways

Nike already knows which colorways of the Kobe 8 Elite they are going to drop. The only thing that could change that is if the Lakers go to the Finals and Nike adds a 'Big Stage' Elite or, if the Lakers win it all, a '6 Rings' shoe...

You'll see Kobe with the 'Home' and 'Away' Elite...but the rest of the Elites he'll wear in the Playoffs will be P.E.s that regular consumers won't get a chance to purchase...just like last year.

I have
has anyone here balled in both the kobe 8s and the lebron 10? I know this is the kobe thead, but please be as unbias as possible. 

Thanks! 

I got the lebron ids back when they dropped for the sole purpose of balling. HATED them. Very comfortable to walk in, springy zoom. Problem is, no flex in the forefoot (obviously due to full length max-zoom unit). Shoe is also fairly heavy.

I initially had no intention of buying the kobe 8, didn't like the look at first. However, they are quite possibly one of the best ball shoes I have ever worn, fit is great, lunar works well. They are tied with the V's IMO as best ball shoe ever. I slightly prefer the zoom an phylon of the V, but arch support and overall fit of 8's is better.

Hope this helps.

i envy you man. those galaxy sequalizer shorts are too dope. i wanted those, but there all sold out at the moment. 
Try stock locating at footlocker/house of hoops. I walked into the HOH PG plaza a week ago and grabbed a pair, they had every size that day.

I'm not a Lakers fan but I hate dirty plays don't know how they'll do against Indiana but sac and Phx and Washington should be winnable w/o Kobe. I can't see him being out long.

Last edited:
i was hating on the easters but i think im gonna return my red camos if i can get a pair of them.........

Back
Top Bottom