OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Its weird the colors listed are deep royal/team orange/midnight navy/tour yellow. Depends on the light, like in the sunlight it looks brighter (obviously) and inside it looks darker.

I think the midsole would've been much better just solid with everything else going on you know

^^^ I have no issue with the midsole but its personal preference I guess. I mean, seems like they have to have a pattern somewhere whether its the upper or the midsole
laugh.gif

and the upper is navy not royal.
happy.gif

guess it is royal based off of what the description says
laugh.gif

lol yeah but yeah the light it does look different, the lining is def a navy though

really nice shoe though, glad I picked them up

Well if my memory is correct, MANY people disliked the VBs in this thread, but whatever.

Oh I forgot, this is NT where you MODS always have to be right. Smh.
VB's will never grow on me, they were ugly on release day.. and they're still ugly.

VBs still do nothing for me. I love when a couple people post they want a shoe then a guy chimes in like, "all you guys hated the shoe then backtracked" like the whole community changed its mind. Guess the people that don't care for the VBs should troll the thread and keep saying how they hate them just to reaffirm that the majority of the people that didn't care for them still don't
eyes.gif

You know I really don't like comments like that either, so what if a person changes their mind about a shoe? I thought the pit vipers looked like a chicks shoe on Vanessa Bryant's pictures, but now after seeing some high resolution pics of them I think they look great, so yeah I changed my mind, big deal.

Personally I know for a fact I wasn't even purchasing Kobe's when VBs came out but I liked them then and I like them now, they were almost my first Kobe actually. I remember that day pretty clearly actually because that was the restock of the 88s and of course I couldn't get a pair and when I doubled back for the VBs they had actually sold out, wasn't a good day for me shoe wise.

You didn't know the kiddies label anyone who changes their mind a hypebeast or you're not a true "sneakerhead", lol. I'm with you on the Pit Vipers, my first impression when they posted awhile back was garbage. Now I like them. And the VBs were my first Kobe, and they are my favorite. I also missed them due to chasing 88s and a few other Jordan's on the restock. I was lucky enough to hit up Nike's twitter and they did a stock locate and found them for me at a niketown 2 days after release.

But yea, shoes are like anything, people are allowed to change their minds.

Thanks

I heard the Kobe 8 Elites the shoe was more comfortable and had a better fit
they fit more snug so less chance of your shoe moving around. theyre still comfortable just not as comfortable as lunarlon but are more responsive as stated above so it would be my choice for on court. if your looking to buy just to rock casually and have the most comfort just go with a regular Lunarlon version

You didn't know the kiddies label anyone who changes their mind a hypebeast or you're not a true "sneakerhead", lol. I'm with you on the Pit Vipers, my first impression when they posted awhile back was garbage. Now I like them. And the VBs were my first Kobe, and they are my favorite. I also missed them due to chasing 88s and a few other Jordan's on the restock. I was lucky enough to hit up Nike's twitter and they did a stock locate and found them for me at a niketown 2 days after release.

But yea, shoes are like anything, people are allowed to change their minds.

lol hypebeast I am then!

So we actually got into Kobe's around the same time then. It was hard catching up but really there are only four colorways I need to grab to be caught up, red camo/black elites/VBs/blitz blues.

Pit vipers look really good in that picture of them in the sun, def a cop for me now. I admit the green glow still doesn't do it for me, but love the rest of the shoe.

I can't stop looking at the gif, my god

anyways, all the 8s should have the tongue like on the elites, wow what a difference it makes much more comfortable

Haven't brought a pair of Kobes in a while .. those Tony The Tiger joints are fire though, might have to use some gift cards and a b'day coupon on them this weekend.

do it, the royal blue upper is fire, the midsole is terrible but the rest of the shoe is great, the materials they used on it are dope

I am honestly very excited to un DS them, maybe this weekend
hahahaha sometimes all it takes is one part of the shoe for me to pass XD like the leather heel clip on the Black EXTs and the midsole on the TtT 
tongue.gif

hahahaha sometimes all it takes is one part of the shoe for me to pass XD like the leather heel clip on the Black EXTs and the midsole on the TtT 
tongue.gif

Avar1 thank you I was wondering who that was

I feel you Sole Reaver I really do, one part can throw off an entire shoe. IDK I was feeling everything about the tigers since I first saw pics so I could get over the terrible midsole. The upper is really nice and actually I like the laces now that I had a chance to loosen them up.

ive always liked the laces on em hahaha man alot of stuff dropping on the 5th... Vipers looking like they might be 3rd in line to cop

People talk about the VB, too, and it is the same thing with those. The brighter it is out, the better they look. I just play in mine, but it is almost a shoe for other people than for the person wearing it. The 3M hits for people watching you play, and if it is bright, the colors look great (but you don't really notice on feet if you look down). I get constant comments on them, which I find interesting. The bottom does get really dirty after a while, and it is tough to keep clean, however.

With all of these people that don't like the VB's, I am shocked they sold out online within an hour after they released.  Wonder how limited they were.

It is such a pain finding a pair now.  Especially for under $200.

VBs still do nothing for me. I love when a couple people post they want a shoe then a guy chimes in like, "all you guys hated the shoe then backtracked" like the whole community changed its mind. Guess the people that don't care for the VBs should troll the thread and keep saying how they hate them just to reaffirm that the majority of the people that didn't care for them still don't :rolleyes
definitly feel you on that homie. Hate when dudes be sayin that as if the whole world is determined by one or two people changed their mind. I see that ish all the time up in her. Me personally called the vbs a box of ugly a** crayola crayons or a hippy tide-ide shirt and haven't changed my mind one bit since. Everyone got their own opinions but I would never wear vbs or curials. I like the thought of the curials and design and placements to switch it up and since I'm a big soccer fan but them colors I can't mess with.

definitly feel you on that homie. Hate when dudes be sayin that as if the whole world is determined by one or two people changed their mind. I see that ish all the time up in her. Me personally called the vbs a box of ugly a** crayola crayons or a hippy tide-ide shirt and haven't changed my mind one bit since. Everyone got their own opinions but I would never wear vbs or curials. I like the thought of the curials and design and placements to switch it up and since I'm a big soccer fan but them colors I can't mess with.

In person it's a really great shoe. Really pops. I copped it on rd but ended up selling a few weeks ago for retail. I'm personally going after some Easters now instead

Well if my memory is correct, MANY people disliked the VBs in this thread, but whatever.

Oh I forgot, this is NT where you MODS always have to be right. Smh.
but honestly I do feel you as well. I know you ain't mean literally everyone but this does happen alot and some dudes be acting like it is the whole world based off one person. But you right doe, I have read mad hate for the vbs then the hype got to people and they all lookin for them vbs. like I said I hated on it when I first saw it, and still hate on them now. But it don't matter, people can change their minds if to genuine. But some people buy just based off popularity and rarity and act like its a must have.

Not much of a difference. Both are great performance shoes. I guess the only edge of the elite over the regular ones is that the elites will last longer because of the zoom set up in the insole especially the superhero ones
yeah not much of a difference. Black golds got heel zoom and phylon, heroes got forefoot and heel zoom with cushlon. Both feel great. Also the elites have double layered em compared to regular 8s that have a single layer which has ripped on some people on certain parts. The elites have way less of a chance ripping since its double em. It feels more firm and less flexible at first with the fly wire and double em but once you play a game or 2, it'll feel amazing. Can't go wrong with either elites or regular 8s. Personally I be using the Sulphurs and rotate between regular lunarlon insole to the superhero insoles to the black gold insoles. All are amazing. Favorite performance shoe and love the kobe SYSTEM only IF you purchase all the different shoes that come with different insoles. They should've had all 3 different insoles for every regular 8 as well.

Anyone from Atlanta in here? I am headed down there for about 10 days and wanted to see if there are any Kobe's layin around anywhere. I heard there is an event called Kixfair this weekend, has anyone ever gone?? and is it worth it???

Never been to Kixfair, doubt I'll go. Haven't been to the mall or shoe shopping instore in weeks. But Kobe's don't last here. Most stores get maybe 1 or 2 FSRs. Probably can still find PPs, Inlands, Graffitis, and maybe Volts in maybe a size or two.

Back
Top Bottom