OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Thanks

I heard the Kobe 8 Elites the shoe was more comfortable and had a better fit
I know I personally slide around in the elites. They could be more comfortable but honestly I feel at times people want to justify spending the extra dough.[/quote]
What do you mean by that?

Do you mean your foot slides around inside the shoe?

Or the shoe slides around on the court (meaning bad traction)?

Cause in my Kobe 8's, my foot slides around inside the shoe sometimes.  A few times, it has even caused the shoe to rip!

Last edited:

It's been dead in here lately, but I've gotta be honest... I LOVE that Nike has dropped nothing but Unimpressive Kobe 8's dam near the entire summer..... saving my pockets. Still holding out hope that they come thru w/ Amnesty's, Pure Plat's or Homes, but I'm not holding my breath. I've grabbed up Fades, Easter's, SN's, & Sulfurs in the meantime & I'm content if those are the last of the Mohicans. 

It's Nike and day by day, more & more they cater to the Hypebeast Savages.
To each his own, but I think the 8's that have dropped have been mostly hits, with a few less impressive ones like the PP's and the Graffiti's. The Blitz Blue's and the Milk Snakes were fire though.

Anyone purchased a pair of Sparks? Do they look good in person? Anyone think they'll drop over here?

I've been debating whether to just bite the bullet and purchase a pair, but they're going for $400-$500, and I don't wanna drop that amount and then have them come out over here for less.

IMO the elites have a slightly tighter fit and the zoom insole is better for ball. Superhero elites>(ASG/Supernaturals, non-elites)/Black Elites just because they don't have that stupid nike+ thing.

The rest of them with the lunarlon insoles, you've gotta watch what socks you wear with them. Certain fiber mixes can make it really slippery.

Last edited:
Its funny how many of you guys are backtracking on the VB's. Most hated them in here, now a bunch of you guys searching for them and regretting not keeping them.

I guess thats just the way it goes. *shrugs*

Glad i got mine.

Its funny how many of you guys are backtracking on the VB's. Most hated them in here, now a bunch of you guys searching for them and regretting not keeping them.

I guess thats just the way it goes. *shrugs*

Glad i got mine.

They are starting to become harder to find. Doubled up when they first release so I'm good.

VBs still do nothing for me. I love when a couple people post they want a shoe then a guy chimes in like, "all you guys hated the shoe then backtracked" like the whole community changed its mind. Guess the people that don't care for the VBs should troll the thread and keep saying how they hate them just to reaffirm that the majority of the people that didn't care for them still don't :rolleyes

VBs still do nothing for me. I love when a couple people post they want a shoe then a guy chimes in like, "all you guys hated the shoe then backtracked" like the whole community changed its mind. Guess the people that don't care for the VBs should troll the thread and keep saying how they hate them just to reaffirm that the majority of the people that didn't care for them still don't :rolleyes

Well if my memory is correct, MANY people disliked the VBs in this thread, but whatever.

Oh I forgot, this is NT where you MODS always have to be right. Smh.

Well if my memory is correct, MANY people disliked the VBs in this thread, but whatever.

obviously, reading isn't your strong suit.

I love when people pull the "mods" card. never gets old :nthat:

Whats the difference in the Kobe 8 and the Kobe 8 Elite in terms of feel, quality and performance?
Not much of a difference. Both are great performance shoes. I guess the only edge of the elite over the regular ones is that the elites will last longer because of the zoom set up in the insole especially the superhero ones

:lol:

VB's are poop.

yea they double box for gift box... id buy some cheap socks tho and they'll still double box.

I got east bay to double box every order by chewing them out something fierce the first time they didn't. I think they have a permanent note on my account now that says to double box because they don't wanna hear from me again. =).

Haven't brought a pair of Kobes in a while .. those Tony The Tiger joints are fire though, might have to use some gift cards and a b'day coupon on them this weekend.

VBs still do nothing for me. I love when a couple people post they want a shoe then a guy chimes in like, "all you guys hated the shoe then backtracked" like the whole community changed its mind. Guess the people that don't care for the VBs should troll the thread and keep saying how they hate them just to reaffirm that the majority of the people that didn't care for them still don't
eyes.gif

You know I really don't like comments like that either, so what if a person changes their mind about a shoe? I thought the pit vipers looked like a chicks shoe on Vanessa Bryant's pictures, but now after seeing some high resolution pics of them I think they look great, so yeah I changed my mind, big deal.

Personally I know for a fact I wasn't even purchasing Kobe's when VBs came out but I liked them then and I like them now, they were almost my first Kobe actually. I remember that day pretty clearly actually because that was the restock of the 88s and of course I couldn't get a pair and when I doubled back for the VBs they had actually sold out, wasn't a good day for me shoe wise.

Haven't brought a pair of Kobes in a while .. those Tony The Tiger joints are fire though, might have to use some gift cards and a b'day coupon on them this weekend.

do it, the royal blue upper is fire, the midsole is terrible but the rest of the shoe is great, the materials they used on it are dope

I am honestly very excited to un DS them, maybe this weekend

^^^ I have no issue with the midsole but its personal preference I guess. I mean, seems like they have to have a pattern somewhere whether its the upper or the midsole :lol:

and the upper is navy not royal. :D
guess it is royal based off of what the description says :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom