OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

prob a silly question ,but are "boys" and "womens" similar in sizing? my gf wears a 7 womens...also what is the cushioning like in all kobes, that are not "MENS"  im sure you guys posted awhile back, but never really paid attention back then.  Any info would be appreciated thank guys. 
a womans 7 is a 5.5 in boys/GS.

hey guys just ordered from kicks crew a pair of MCs, I know some said you had to upload your ID and credit card, did you black out any of your information and if so what info did you black out?

thanks in advance
Blacked out most of the sensitive information. When you're asked to verify, there are example images that show what you can black out. Just follow that and you should be fine.
My wife is a size 7, but wears a 4.5 GS in the 8s. There's another girl in this thread that's also a size 7 and wears a 4.5 too.

Aint tryna start no damn top 3 list dor the 100th time but i just gotta say after all these great colorways, for me personally, nothing will beat the black gold elites. These joints are too clean and slick. I love them too much. Favorite pair of kicks I've EVER owned. I'm so pressed on these. Black golds, fades and Sulphurs are the best and will go down as my favorite 3 shoes ever man.

Aint tryna start no damn top 3 list dor the 100th time but i just gotta say after all these great colorways, for me personally, nothing will beat the black gold elites. These joints are too clean and slick. I love them too much. Favorite pair of kicks I've EVER owned. I'm so pressed on these. Black golds, fades and Sulphurs are the best and will go down as my favorite 3 shoes ever man.
They're definitely clean. I never copped a pair though because I didn't think they were worth $220 retail. 
mean.gif

hey guys just ordered from kicks crew a pair of MCs, I know some said you had to upload your ID and credit card, did you black out any of your information and if so what info did you black out?

thanks in advance

I looked at the sample image and blacked out everything that wasn't showing on it. Must have been correct because they changed my status to verified.

Blacked out most of the sensitive information. When you're asked to verify, there are example images that show what you can black out. Just follow that and you should be fine.

My wife is a size 7, but wears a 4.5 GS in the 8s. There's another girl in this thread that's also a size 7 and wears a 4.5 too.
Thanks BigJ and Piston Honda, 

Maybe ill try getting a size 5?  and pray it fits.  last I checked my local FTL didnt have any GS sizes left. 

I don't understand how some of you guys don't like the midsole it's cool to me

IMO it's tacky (the midsole). It makes me sad that the rest of the shoe is really awesome and it had to be ruined by 1 thing. If it weren't for that midsole, this shoe coulda easily been top 5. Shame on you Nike. Jus my 2 cents tho.

thanks in advance

Sorry dude but it's common knowledge that women's sizes are 1.5 bigger than men's or boys. Some say maybe 2 sizes bigger. Nobody says 2.5 sizes bigger other than you.
My fiancé wears a 6 in women's and a 4.5 in most boys shoes. Her area72s are a size 4 and she said they fit great.

I don't understand how some of you guys don't like the midsole it's cool to me
I don't get it either. I bought these when they dropped and got a lot of hate from my friends about em. I think they're clean, not the best colorway, but still a hit nonetheless. 

Sorry dude but it's common knowledge that women's sizes are 1.5 bigger than men's or boys. Some say maybe 2 sizes bigger. Nobody says 2.5 sizes bigger other than you.
My fiancé wears a 6 in women's and a 4.5 in most boys shoes. Her area72s are a size 4 and she said they fit great.
I know this. For some odd reason she wears a 4.5Y in the Kobe 8s. Even tried on a 5Y last weekend and she said there's too much room in the toebox. Eventually walked out with Jordan Toro 4s in 5.5Y like all her other GS sneakers. 

Last edited:

I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but I am a 7 in womens. I've always worn a 5y, all of my Jordan's are that size. With this particular shoe, I was told to try a half size smaller because the 8 ran big. The gentleman at the store was correct so I'm a 4.5y in these.

I'd say they fit like a glove so I wear thinner socks with them. I'm sure there may be ladies who might want more room in their shoe so if you want to be safe I'd say just go down 2 sizes from whatever size she is in womens.

The best bet would be taking her to the store and just have her try on any gs shoe. See what size she is. Just know that, for me, these guys ran a little big.

For someone with plantar fasciitis would you guys recommend the shoe?

How do you know if you have that? Its so weird you mentioned that now because I just recently looked that up due to recent foot pain. But my feet only hurt after I've been asleep. I wake up and as soon as I walk, they hurt bad for like 5 minutes and then it goes away.

^ sounds like ya have a classic case of it.

I was afraid of that. But other than that small inconvenience, is it known to get worse over time? Or is there a good chance I just can deal with it every day for that short period?

I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but I am a 7 in womens. I've always worn a 5y, all of my Jordan's are that size. With this particular shoe, I was told to try a half size smaller because the 8 ran big. The gentleman at the store was correct so I'm a 4.5y in these.

I'd say they fit like a glove so I wear thinner socks with them. I'm sure there may be ladies who might want more room in their shoe so if you want to be safe I'd say just go down 2 sizes from whatever size she is in womens.

The best bet would be taking her to the store and just have her try on any gs shoe. See what size she is. Just know that, for me, these guys ran a little big.

These definitely run much bigger than normal. Yes common knowledge is that it's a 1.5 size difference. My girl wears a 7.5 in her frees but wears a 5 in the 8s...it is weird because she tried on a 6 and they were huge...so my advice would be go 2.5 down if she can't try it on...

Back
Top Bottom