OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Gradients will be in on wednesday. Will post pics if we havent been flooded by then. Really looking forward to this colorway. Full shozoku makes the shoe IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be really disappointed if the old swoosh imprint is easily visible in real life. If it's as visible as the KB24 on the toe then it may be acceptable, but it's really lame that it's still there in the first place. I can see em in the Kicks-Crew pics too. Real lazy on Nike's part...
I was about to ask if any of you guys noticed that too... if the swoosh imprint on its original placement is still visible (at least the silhouette), imo that's really cheap.

i dont know if you guys can see it from this pic though.. it's there. 
mean.gif

i didn't even notice the "imprint" until you guys pointed it out

with that being said they got lazy as hell not redesigning the mesh :smh:

ill still buy tho :\

You guys think Nike would release it with that imprint? This was prob just a sample image, Thats a really bad look if they let that one slide though.

I was about to ask if any of you guys noticed that too... if the swoosh imprint on its original placement is still visible (at least the silhouette), imo that's really cheap.

i dont know if you guys can see it from this pic though.. it's there. :smh:

yeah. that's super lazy. It's not that hard to change the weave on these EM.

anyway, I'm getting a feeling that they will be widely available ala-BHMs. I don't think
they will be like the Barcas from before where it's IMPOSSIBLE to cop a pair.

Good luck to all!

I'm honestly having a hard time deciding because I love the look but I don't think I need
a pink shoe. It's way too bright and I might not be able to wear them as much. Plus I
can't use my discount since they'll surely be quickstrikes at the very least. Last minute
decision for sure.

^^^ Soooo glad I already got mine and ended that hunt

Shiiiii cant wait to wear them again

Last edited:
Sulfur's are the perfect example as to why I no longer wait for prices to fall drastically to cop a pair of 8's. Around my way, first off I'm not seeing all the CWs locally, and the ones I do see are in such a small size run I gotta buy when they come out. Sulfur's first came out nobody seemed to think much about them. Thats when I copped, but had I waited till now, I know I'd be paying like 185-200 for a sz 12. I got my for 115 w/ a bday coupon haha.

It's easy to say "man people who pay full price for shoes these days are stupid". I look it at as opportunity cost. The time I will spend later on down the road trying to locate and secure a pair, not to mention driving and/or paying shipping for something IF I find a pair in the first place, all is a waste of time that could probably be spent making money or doing things more productive.

For those of yall with HOHs and NTs and outlets close by, I would wait it out too. But for some, choices are really limited so gotta pull that trigger and not hesitate otherwise you're probably **** outta luck down the road unless you wanna pay those rape prices...

Sulfur's are the perfect example as to why I no longer wait for prices to fall drastically to cop a pair of 8's. Around my way, first off I'm not seeing all the CWs locally, and the ones I do see are in such a small size run I gotta buy when they come out. Sulfur's first came out nobody seemed to think much about them. Thats when I copped, but had I waited till now, I know I'd be paying like 185-200 for a sz 12. I got my for 115 w/ a bday coupon haha.

It's easy to say "man people who pay full price for shoes these days are stupid". I look it at as opportunity cost. The time I will spend later on down the road trying to locate and secure a pair, not to mention driving and/or paying shipping for something IF I find a pair in the first place, all is a waste of time that could probably be spent making money or doing things more productive.

For those of yall with HOHs and NTs and outlets close by, I would wait it out too. But for some, choices are really limited so gotta pull that trigger and not hesitate otherwise you're probably **** outta luck down the road unless you wanna pay those rape prices...

THIS

Around my way sz 12s get gone 1st it seems, so if I want it, I too gotta get it when it drops

I tried to wait for the price drop, but began fiending for them not too long ago bcuz they seemed to be getting scarce

Ended up paying retail anyway plus 3$ shipping

#Satisfied

well pretty much decided I'm passing on the gradients, may still try to see em in person but doubt ima like the toe. and with new id options ill prolly go that route instead. hope every 1 gets their pairs!

those christmas look faker then those "rare" easter ones we got earlier. 
mean.gif
and the dude has the audacity to put identical to authentic please a baby could throw those colors around on a shoe and probably get it to look better

on another note: 1 more week 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What's the likelihood that Adidas made him a fresh pair? I have a hard time believing he bought them himself on the secondary market...
Doubt they made a fresh pair of a shoe and colorway thats over 10 years old. I got a good friend that's in the league and he's signed with Nike but there's still older shoe's he has to hunt for.  Plus Butler is good but no star by any means so doubt that would go through the trouble to have a production of pairs for him. If anything they may have still had pairs in storage or something they hooked him up with.

A dead giveaway on that fake pair of xmas is the box.

See one of the pics:  "Kobe VIII System" versus the real box "Kobe 8 System"

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger on some worn once size 13 BHM's for 248.99. Considering the cheapest pair I've come across previous to this was at 285, I had to do it. Def wish I was able to get them a bit cheaper, just glad i finally got them.
Ended up finding a DS pair for 250 a few days ago.  Price could have been better, but very glad to finally have them as well.  Personal favorite colorway

Last edited:
Here's the listing of those fakes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/kobe-8-chri...523&pid=100033&prg=1011&rk=1&sd=261209367293&

I guess if it sells I'll know one of you were lyin.
dude the color on the pattern is so off, the only difference between GC and US release on Xmas pair should be the XDR sole and the full shozoku, the full shozoku needs to be white not silver and it should look like another piece of material makes up the shozoku from the heel not like its painted on the heel 
roll.gif

dude the color on the pattern is so off, the only difference between GC and US release on Xmas pair should be the XDR sole and the full shozoku, the full shozoku needs to be white not silver and it should look like another piece of material makes up the shozoku from the heel not like its painted on the heel 
roll.gif

Is it me or does the nike check look stitched on?

Superhero tongue and lockdown both in heel and in forefoot feel better than the 8s. Need to break in the zoom but that forefoot zoom in these is money so far. Will post after tomorrow got 3 games for a charity tournament gonna break these out there, stil not completely broken in after my game last night

well pretty much decided I'm passing on the gradients, may still try to see em in person but doubt ima like the toe. and with new id options ill prolly go that route instead. hope every 1 gets their pairs!
Love the purple gradients since day one, but im with you man... Im just going to ID a pair, the new pattern and color combos are sick. Good luck on copping the purps y'all 

It's funny cause usually momentum builds as a shoe RD nears but it seems like, to me at least, that people are starting to back off the purple gradients as May 11th approaches.

I don't see the "2 pairs 1st day COPPED" posts as much these days haha, maybe I am wrong tho

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom